Be Aware of the 42nd St (S) RTO announcer Worker regarding Photography!

mark1447

the T/A makes us take class's on terror awareness. when i see alot of rail fans taking pics in certain place's it does raise a eyebrow. thats why you get approached. once you get denfensive, i dont care what you say it makes you look more suspicious. so all i have to do is call it in and get a cop on the grounds of suspicious activity. i feel railfans should have no business taking picture's of tracks, railyards or tunnels, for security purposes. remember this is a public forum so the pics are seen by more than rail fans.

The T/A or RTO? Sounds like the RTO.. Because the t/a expresses that it is legal with restrictions! And it says any facility as well, so that could also mean a Yard, tho i could be wrong.. But who knows. Taking a picture doesnt have to mean for terrorism or conclude im a Terrorist. So you cant just say i'm taking a pic for terrorist to see, yes if its posted online it can be visible by others, but doesn't mean much... If its used for personal then that doesn't count as being a terrorist and others can't see it..

People these days think that cameras are now a weapon in this world besides taking pics of a subway or bus.. People need to leave the "9/11" issue in the past, thats old and getting annoying! Even though i respect people who died but let them rest in peace!

And why not? Our pics are used for encyclopedic purposes: so people can actually learn something interesting about a station, such as it's design and uniqueness. This is why the proposed photography ban was an epic fail! If the ban was put in place, then people would be taking pictures illegally, thus making city lawmakers realize that it was stupid to even propose a ban in the first place. All is needed are proper security measures.

It can be used for personal use or just wanna show it off to other peers..

I probaly take two or three good pics of a White Plains el (2) train without looking suspicious every once and a while for my desktop background, but!!!! i definitely not obsessed with trains to the point I record videos at a station - I'll make me look like im crazy or somethin'

The T/A or RTO? Sounds like the RTO.. Because the t/a expresses that it is legal with restrictions! And it says any facility as well, so that could also mean a Yard, tho i could be wrong.. But who knows. Taking a picture doesnt have to mean for terrorism or conclude im a Terrorist. So you cant just say i'm taking a pic for terrorist to see, yes if its posted online it can be visible by others, but doesn't mean much... If its used for personal then that doesn't count as being a terrorist and others can't see it..

People these days think that cameras are now a weapon in this world besides taking pics of a subway or bus.. People need to leave the "9/11" issue in the past, thats old and getting annoying! Even though i respect people who died but let them rest in peace!

It can be used for personal use or just wanna show it off to other peers..

its not just rto, all depts have to take the class once a year.

What people need to understand is that while photography in the subway is legal TA employes are instructed to call it in. Once it gets called in it needs to be investigated. Police are then notified and have to see who is taking photos to investigate the complaint. What you need to under stand as cdi919 said, if you get defensive you become very suspicisous. I have been stopped twice for taking photos and really both times were non-events. I was aksed what I was doing, told the police I was taking photos for my personal collection. They said ok, we just had to check it out after it was called in, your free to go. That was it, I did not get twichy and start saying they were harrasing me and that it was my right to take photos blah blah blah.

What people need to understand is that while photography in the subway is legal TA employes are instructed to call it in. Once it gets called in it needs to be investigated. Police are then notified and have to see who is taking photos to investigate the complaint. What you need to under stand as cdi919 said, if you get defensive you become very suspicisous. I have been stopped twice for taking photos and really both times were non-events. I was aksed what I was doing, told the police I was taking photos for my personal collection. They said ok, we just had to check it out after it was called in, your free to go. That was it, I did not get twichy and start saying they were harrasing me and that it was my right to take photos blah blah blah.

That seems reasonable. People may have their own way of dealing with others but they must know how to deal with cops. Don't be defensive, and don't get hesitant either, or else they'll be forced to believe that you're engaging in suspicious activity. No muss, no fuss.

I think I will carry NYPD Directive rules I printed with sided with (NJT), Not For Tourist guidebook, and added with Japanese guidebook to make me like a tourist.

You should also print out the MTA Rules of Conduct as it applies more to the t/a while NYPD rules applies to Police.. And most workers of the t/a may not care what it says for the NYPD version same vice verse..

Right, and I feel conductors should have no business dictating security procedures. Nor should they have any business trying to prevent lawful activity. What's your point?

To further illustrate the hilarity of your idea, the Nazi regime in Germany had implemented many policies, all in the name of "security".

Actually Joe a conductor , T/O , S/A or cleaner is well within their right to dictate security procedures. We are all trained to look out for suspicious activity and taking pictures is one that brings up big alarms. The problem with us as Americans is we want things to be laid back too much and this is what lead to the events of 9/11. You may not agree with me or any other TA employee. But the MTA, NYPD, and other counter terrorism agencies feel different than you. By the TA training it's employees in this way it deters terrorists and and shows we a vigilant work force. Like I said before you may not agree with the way things are done but the bottom line is you make it home safe everyday. Now if something where to happen someone just like you would be asking why weren't employees trained to look out for suspicious activity and potential terrorist attacks.

If someone is dictating security procedures, that means they are creating them. You follow them, you do not create them (did I really have to tell you that?)

Do not for one second blame 9/11 on America being too lax. That is one of the most disrespectful things that I have ever read concerning the TERRORIST ATTACK ON AMERICA ON SEPTEMBER ELEVENTH. I honestly can't believe that you wrote that...

If someone is dictating security procedures, that means they are creating them. You follow them, you do not create them (did I really have to tell you that?)

Do not for one second blame 9/11 on America being too lax. That is one of the most disrespectful things that I have ever read concerning the TERRORIST ATTACK ON AMERICA ON SEPTEMBER ELEVENTH. I honestly can't believe that you wrote that...

You don't believe we were too laxed. Did you ever think something like that would happen on american soil before it happened ??? NO!!! I.E. we were to laxed with security procedures. Anytime the government trys to change a law people cry foul because it takes away from some of our freedoms. And I'm not disrespecting anybody, just stating the truth. Before 9/11 we never seen tanks on an american streets. All of these security procedures are being dictated, created, enforced or whatever you want to call it, because of 9/11. We TA workers have to take mandatory security awareness classes that we never took until after 9/11. So if you really don't believe america was not ready for something like 9/11 then your completely delusional. But like I stated before any security procedure being enforced is for your safety and security bottom line. You can dislike it all you want but like I said before you get home safe everyday because of those security procedures you dislike. But I'am not going to turn this into a huge debate. You can make your response and we can agree to disagree in advance.

LOL. Crediting your "diligence" with the success of my daily commute is akin to thanking an apple tree for every 6 months I go without seeing the doctor. The only reason why my safety thus far has been maintained is because no fundamentalist piece of shit blew the train up that I was riding in; not because some self-important goon told some kids to quit taking photos. SG hit the nail right on the head (as expected) with Mr. Ben Franklin. Provoking the feeling of fear throughout the people using imagery of a past attack to further erode our freedoms. It's no wonder you blame this country for being attacked.

LOL. Crediting your "diligence" with the success of my daily commute is akin to thanking an apple tree for every 6 months I go without seeing the doctor. The only reason why my safety thus far has been maintained is because no fundamentalist piece of shit blew the train up that I was riding in; not because some self-important goon told some kids to quit taking photos. SG hit the nail right on the head (as expected) with Mr. Ben Franklin. Provoking the feeling of fear throughout the people using imagery of a past attack to further erode our freedoms. It's no wonder you blame this country for being attacked.

Yeah, you can't really enjoy life if you feel your're in danger 24/7. Let's face it, you only live once, and you gotta make the best of things while you can. There's no point in living if you're going to be scared 100% of the time. That's people for you. Some like to take that idea and scare you with it because they think differently about certain things and don't agree with the things we like as people. It's going to happen. They'll never learn to live and let live...

I'm gonna chime in on this just because I feel it needs to be said. If anything all this proves is that Americans are high strung. I need only say two things here.

Swine Flu scare - We got people so afraid of this disease they refuse to socialize vs practice some basic hygiene procedures and continue on...lax much? think not

Terrorist scare - Terrorism seems like the generic excuse to disallow anything lately. Wanna tell me that's lax?

The general public is easily hyped up over anything.

Its amazing how some people just dont understand that when it comes to being approached by the cops...

Heres my take...

See you in the next life...

If its time to go its time to go.

My eyes are open when im @ work im aware of the "rules" and i use my judgement accordingly.

Yeah, you can't really enjoy life if you feel your're in danger 24/7. Let's face it, you only live once, and you gotta make the best of things while you can. There's no point in living if you're going to be scared 100% of the time. That's people for you. Some like to take that idea and scare you with it because they think differently about certain things and don't agree with the things we like as people. It's going to happen. They'll never learn to live and let live...

Excellent posts. :tup:

EXCELLENT POST (caps shamelessly intended)

Living in fear = tyranny. America was created with the specific intention of NOT being a tyranny.

Archived