Talk around the Depot

CPBO

sssooo I just bumped into a couple of people from work in my local pizzeria and they said we got the pick and it is done.....we loose 100,101,67 and gain the 19,38.....also express runs will have to park the bus on 125th street for the swing time and they will shuttle the bus drivers back to the depot and then for the second half shuttle em back to the bus........I will have to see this new pick for myself thou.......

sssooo I just bumped into a couple of people from work in my local pizzeria and they said we got the pick and it is done.....we loose 100,101,67 and gain the 19,38.....also express runs will have to park the bus on 125th street for the swing time and they will shuttle the bus drivers back to the depot and then for the second half shuttle em back to the bus........I will have to see this new pick for myself thou.......

LaGuardia Depot does not have room. CP Should get the Q19, Q38, QM12, and QM24. I know I am against my objection to sending LGA express routes but my point was the LGA does not have room

©P I here 17 swings are affected

Looks like LGA is going to need a few extra buses for the winter pick?

Where are they going to store those extra buses.LaGuardia cannot fit them. I have seen 20-25 parked like during the Triboro Coach days outside of LaGuardia. Plus its maintanance is going to suffer worse than it does now. On the other hand are there any other swaps going on between other depots like BxM11 going to Eastchester which I have heard.

LGA will have to make some room they are no longer allowed to park any where outside the depot. They want them all behind the fence by 87th st. My guess is they will put the MCIs further back or something This is going to be very interesting. CPBO 17 swings? I dont quite follow sorry?

Well I have seen up to 20 buses parked outside LaGuardia. I don't go out and take pics but you could go up there and see it especially on weekends.

LGA will have to make some room they are no longer allowed to park any where outside the depot. They want them all behind the fence by 87th st. My guess is they will put the MCIs further back or something This is going to be very interesting. CPBO 17 swings? I dont quite follow sorry?

I've seen a couple of buses parked outside the depot during the summer.

Not anymore.. LGA got in big trouble around July. From what I heard there was a few MTA bus bosses who went to LGA, saw that buses were parked on the street and flipped out calling it a liability. Since then all buses have to be parked inside and there are NYCT mechanics and shifters and what not over there. LGAs maintenance in the last two months has gotten better. They're buses are better than ENY at this point I think. Anyway, the MTA knows what LGA can and can't handle, it's a matter of keeping the management at the depot responsible and I feel recently they've been doing so.

Swing is the time from when you finish the morning run till you start your afternoon run.....

Not anymore.. LGA got in big trouble around July. From what I heard there was a few MTA bus bosses who went to LGA, saw that buses were parked on the street and flipped out calling it a liability. Since then all buses have to be parked inside and there are NYCT mechanics and shifters and what not over there. LGAs maintenance in the last two months has gotten better. They're buses are better than ENY at this point I think. Anyway, the MTA knows what LGA can and can't handle, it's a matter of keeping the management at the depot responsible and I feel recently they've been doing so.

If that is the case, why is no one complaining about the situation at Kingsbridge and East New York? Both garages park buses on the street.

I know this will NEVER happen by (MTA) standards:

Q19-Stengel, 126, College Pt maybe

Q38-Fresh Pond, Grand Av

But that's what they're closest to geographically

I've said this so many times on BusChat it's ridiculous. I guess I'm going to have to post the same thing here. This is not MTA's doing.

Current union contracts do not allow route swaps between MTA bus routes and NYCT bus routes. There are senioity issues here. Your scheme would not allow a current Q39 operator to continue to continue working there should he want to.

There are seniority issues here. Please don't take that away from the guys. It's bad enough TWU follows the rules and NYCT refuses to grant the contractual raise in pay.

I've said this so many times on BusChat it's ridiculous. I guess I'm going to have to post the same thing here. This is not MTA's doing.

Current union contracts do not allow route swaps between MTA bus routes and NYCT bus routes. There are senioity issues here. Your scheme would not allow a current Q39 operator to continue to continue working there should he want to.

There are seniority issues here. Please don't take that away from the guys. It's bad enough TWU follows the rules and NYCT refuses to grant the contractual raise in pay.

So who gave tha ok for tha X80 & X81 to be transferred from 126st Depot & Jamaica Depot to LaGuardia Depot although they are Special Event routes

Are they working out this issue, or planning on doing so?

Archived