Attention all Riders

Pelham Bay Dave

This topic has been blown up on the other board but can't stress it enough DO NOT ride or walk between Subways cars while the train is in motion or stopped the NYPD is doing a very agressive crack down on this. They don't care what your excuse is unless you can prove your life was endanger. They are handing out tickets like crazy. I spoke to one Police officer and Chiefs are happy about this because one out of four who gets stopped have a warrent out on them so they get arrested.

Also one of the hot spots is Bway Juction on all lines. They know people walk between cars to get to the car by the entrance.

Last week I was on the (N) train in a very crowded car. Since the R160s allow you to walk thru cars I decided to walk over to the less crowded car. When I did, there were two police officers in the next car with a perfect view of me walking thru the cars. We all got of on me same station and I thought I was going to get ticketed. I didn't. I will never do this again. I will take your warning very seriously.

Last week I was on the (N) train in a very crowded car. Since the R160s allow you to walk thru cars I decided to walk over to the less crowded car. When I did, there were two police officers in the next car with a perfect view of me walking thru the cars. We all got of on me same station and I thought I was going to get ticketed. I didn't. I will never do this again. I will take your warning very seriously.

They will do it when the city wants more money. Most of the time they won't care. Just you never know which cop will. I've seen people blatantly stop then drive through red lights, with a cop in a patrol car on the other side. The cop(s) did nothing.

As for you Lawbreaker Harry.........

Right now this whole walking between cars is a HOT issue and not only on the other site. I have seen people getting stopped daily for this violation. Even TA Employees are having problems with the NYPD. I seen cops lined up on the platform and taken people to the side. They are doing this everywhere but like I said seen it most agressive in ENY Bway Juction they always pulling people off trains and taken them to the side.

Right now this whole walking between cars is a HOT issue and not only on the other site. I have seen people getting stopped daily for this violation. Even TA Employees are having problems with the NYPD. I seen cops lined up on the platform and taken people to the side. They are doing this everywhere but like I said seen it most agressive in ENY Bway Juction they always pulling people off trains and taken them to the side.

They better leave us employees alone with that.

A few C/R's and T/O's on thier way to work got stopped by police but none ticketed. Its seem like they really watching the terminals. You know the Office is at the South end so you know you got 2 Minutes to sign on and move to the south end and they waiting for you. I myself got stopped once. I was deadheading on a Train and went to meet my partner half way since we both board the train oppersite ends so we walking towards each other and two Police officers stopped me. I had to show my ID and I was in full uniform with my radio strapped on me. I explained why I was crossing and told them if they going to go farther with this then I need thier badge numbers so I can report this incident to the control center because I need to get to my partner. They let me go but its crazy.

A few C/R's and T/O's on thier way to work got stopped by police but none ticketed. Its seem like they really watching the terminals. You know the Office is at the South end so you know you got 2 Minutes to sign on and move to the south end and they waiting for you. I myself got stopped once. I was deadheading on a Train and went to meet my partner half way since we both board the train oppersite ends so we walking towards each other and two Police officers stopped me. I had to show my ID and I was in full uniform with my radio strapped on me. I explained why I was crossing and told them if they going to go farther with this then I need thier badge numbers so I can report this incident to the control center because I need to get to my partner. They let me go but its crazy.

That's just being over zealous, doing it to someone who they know works on the job.

I cant agree with you more Dave im on the Bravo and the cops are going nuts with pulling kids off the train while they are crossing between the cars..

Of coruse some people on that "other site" just dont get it and they need to learn that lesson themselves..

Also if you are "In the Line of your Duty" i can't even see why a cop would even bother you...

No Walking between the cars means DONT WALK BETWEEN THE CARS, who cares if its moving or not..

Unless there is a "unsafe" condition in one car..

Also if you are "In the Line of your Duty" i can't even see why a cop would even bother you...

Because NYC hires cops in quantity, not quality. That some college, is just that. Some. Alot of them have no common sense. They only do as told, and can't use their own discretion. I also blame the MTA for not telling them, employees are the exception.

• 3 weeks later...

People do fall and trip and guess who pays for it once they sue.--Back in 1982? on the 7 this young guy was drunk and the train was too packed so he did what we all did as kids...he went through the chains to get in between cars but he slipped, he lost a leg..

Criminals love to rip off purses while the trains in motion. --I don't know if any of you remember a punk tried to rip off a gold necklace and nearly choked the old lady.

People also think it's the best time to pee.....don't they realize they sometimes pee on track men.

People do fall and trip and guess who pays for it once they sue.--Back in 1982? on the 7 this young guy was drunk and the train was too packed so he did what we all did as kids...he went through the chains to get in between cars but he slipped, he lost a leg..

Criminals love to rip off purses while the trains in motion. --I don't know if any of you remember a punk tried to rip off a gold necklace and nearly choked the old lady.

People also think it's the best time to pee.....don't they realize they sometimes pee on track men.

True. Ripping off jewelry is just stupid. And peeing on tracks... bad idea. Get that stream just right and pow, no reproduction B);):D

The Robbery between cars happen more in the starting to decine in the early 2000's. The Peeing in between cars will always be a problem and that has always been illegal.

My farther was a Trackworker in the 1980's and told me stories about that but he didn't think it was an acident.

The Robbery between cars happen more in the starting to decine in the early 2000's. The Peeing in between cars will always be a problem and that has always been illegal.

My farther was a Trackworker in the 1980's and told me stories about that but he didn't think it was an acident.

I can imagine the stories he told you about the '80s.

Can you ask him why the sledgehammer is called a "Jerry" no one seems to know the answer to that.

He don't remember calling it a Jerry. I can only guess they named it after someone doing something foolish. Just like old timers on the Lex Line call it the "Ray" Move when you cross from Exp to Local at Union SQ on the (4)(5)(6).

He was happy when he got Promoted to "Motorman" at the time. He hated working in Track Department.

He don't remember calling it a Jerry. I can only guess they named it after someone doing something foolish. Just like old timers on the Lex Line call it the "Ray" Move when you cross from Exp to Local at Union SQ on the (4)(5)(6).

He was happy when he got Promoted to "Motorman" at the time. He hated working in Track Department.

Track can be rough, you have to prove yourself to the oldtimers.

Once they see you can handle the work they treat you with respect...but if your lazy, you can forget about being treated nice. You'll be labeled a bomb for the rest of your career.

Its the same way in RTO especially if your from the street. Like you said once you prove your a team player and know what you doing you get respect and if you don't have it they talk about you and your partners will look to aviod you during pick time. When its you time to pick you wonder why is that 9HR job with good hours open??

Its the same way in RTO especially if your from the street. Like you said once you prove your a team player and know what you doing you get respect and if you don't have it they talk about you and your partners will look to aviod you during pick time. When its you time to pick you wonder why is that 9HR job with good hours open??

I agree Dave coming from Off The Street Myself i had to "prove" myself to C/R's to let them know im not going to have them writing G-2's left and right..

SOME T/O's didnt have the chance to prove themselves, they never made it past probation..

Another "one" (and Dave you know whom im talking about mr "VR") it got so bad C/R's would walk in see him and book off right there..

He HAD to go VR beacuse he is really really really is wearing out his welcome in the B Div as well.

Archived