Attention all Riders

Pelham Bay Dave

I know I worked with him on the (6) twice and told him up front if he messes up I better hear him on the radio giving it to Control. I worked with a lot of good people from the O/C List you included. Yeah me and RTOman did work together for a half a trip.

However some make you wonder how they got thier handles until you see the school car instructors lots of rookies teaching now.

I know I worked with him on the (6) twice and told him up front if he messes up I better hear him on the radio giving it to Control. I worked with a lot of good people from the O/C List you included. Yeah me and RTOman did work together for a half a trip.

However some make you wonder how they got thier handles until you see the school car instructors lots of rookies teaching now.

You got that right seen a class of Schoolcar T/O's and one of the TSS i knew as a T/O from the A Div..

BTW "Kernal Sanders" is on the Platform now who was one of his students..

Seen him at 59th last Sunday...

Hopefully they will let him keep his handles..

Schoolcar is taking a BIG hit with these T/O's acting up..

You got that right seen a class of Schoolcar T/O's and one of the TSS i knew as a T/O from the A Div..

BTW "Kernal Sanders" is on the Platform now who was one of his students..

Seen him at 59th last Sunday...

Hopefully they will let him keep his handles..

Schoolcar is taking a BIG hit with these T/O's acting up..

The faster I can get in, and blow up the system B).

Is off the street in RTO anyone who wasn't part of the DOS (like former DOB personnel), or just people who never worked for the system? This way I'll know where it would put me.

The faster I can get in, and blow up the system B).

Is off the street in RTO anyone who wasn't part of the DOS (like former DOB personnel), or just people who never worked for the system? This way I'll know where it would put me.

Off The Street T/O (Like Me) is someone who NEVER spent a day in the MTA...

Until they got hired..

Some of them did OK...

Some of them didnt do OK...

Some of them Just Crashed and Burned, wasting MTA's money in the process of training them..

Don't mean to sound cruel, but understand what I mean by this. I hear the same thing in the DOB, from drivers with time on the job. "The dispatcher don't know anything, the superintendents only know how to write people up, etc....". I ask these "complaining" drivers how long do they have on the job. Some 10 years, some more. There are a few dispatchers out there I drove with as drivers, who only have 6 years or less on the job. It takes 5 years to master driving a bus in NYC (letting things not get to you, not caring anymore, etc...). Anyway, I ask these drivers "why don't you take the dispatcher exam, since you have more experience than alot of those who are being promoted to that." Then the excuses start "I don't want to be standing in one spot, and blah, and yadda," and then I tune them out.

Things don't get better when the experienced ones don't move up, so the newbies can have people who actually know what they are doing, teach them. Those who barely got time on these jobs, don't know to much to teach, and are quick to write up people, because they really don't know the former title themselves, and how to work with people. I know alot of it is the TA's fault, and even though I am very critical of them, it does cost them money and time suspending people. I doubt they want to suspend people as much as they do, and they possibly would love "qualified" B/Os to become dispatchers, and superintendents. Same in RTO as they most likely want "qualified" T/Os to become TSSs and T/Ds. Qualified means those with at least 10 years by time of promotion, and a record that shows they know what they are doing. Some operators are great within 5 years and know what they are doing. Some learn quick, some will never learn enough to be promoted.

You two and even Northeastern should consider moving up, and giving it a try. Don't like it, leave before the deadline, so you lose nothing. I know for me I would not stay in a non supervisory position. I like teaching (I have taught people how to drive), and if everything goes well for me in RTO, I will attempt to move up into the TSS position. That will be after I get enough years under my belt down there, to feel I am confident in my own operating, and feel I can teach others.

Off The Street T/O (Like Me) is someone who NEVER spent a day in the MTA...

Until they got hired..

Some of them did OK...

Some of them didnt do OK...

Some of them Just Crashed and Burned, wasting MTA's money in the process of training them..

Even though I won't be off the street, it doesn't mean I won't be treated like it.

Its a saying in TD33. (NYPD Transit District 33) If you want an arrest, go to the Junction. You don't even need transport, you can just walk your arrest to the TD33 station. And yes, Many stops that occur like that turn out to come back 10-18 (Active Warrant) because all of the transit cops love to run warrant checks being that they have you stopped already. I'd do it too.

Well you be treated like your from the street since you will be in a class from O/C List and they don't know you. When i got promoted and sent to B Div I was treated as if I was from the street at first because they didn't know me. However I really didn't care but some of the Supervision and some of my C/R's made it a point to note that I was a former C/R. I had O/C T/O's think I was from the street and tryed to run thier BS but learned very quick I wasn't really new. The way I look at it Actions speak louder then words and when they seen how I handled things people started backing off and gain respect from my B Div co workers. When it comes to Promotions its B/O, C/R and TW/O. The Bus Operators always have a harder time getting taken in like they part of the group since the RTO people know RTO rules already they yelling for the instructor to move on but then B/O step up and ask questions. My class took care of that we had one B/O nine C/R's and told the Instructor "Will school him move on". I think we did a great job with him no body would have known he was a B/O if he didn't tell them. My class had some good instructors but half and half. The real pro's of school car retired in 2001. I have seen B/O's promoted to T/O's and go back. Some were looking like they were ready to cry while a few hated RTO more then Busses. They were just to hanging out in one Depot and having a union rep on the property( Thats what I heard). In RTO you don't stay in one place you got two years starting at diffrent terminal thou out the city and no Union reps found anywhere (Yards / Terminals).

I will take all promotional exams but I don't see myself moving up. I didn't really want to move from C/R because good senority comes at you fast. If I stayed as a C/R I be like my classmates working 2 tripper on the (5) with Sat/Sun off. However the idea of OPTO convinced me to take the promotion and more job assignments and money. I can see myself staying a T/O because there is too much BS in supervision. As a TSS if an incident happens the Gen Supt get scaried and hold you. If that T/O or C/R who has an incident and they one of your then you as a TSS have to go downtown and report to the Chief Transportation officer. They review how many times your rode or spoke to said employee.

I will always keep options open and many Supervisors have pulled my coat to move up but I'll do it when I am ready.

I agree Dave it took me a minute over in the A Div for the C/R's to get "used" to me..

The C/R's DO TALK to one another about T/O's at that..

When i was going over to the B Div all my C/R's was like "oh man why do you have to go?"

I do admit i spoiled them...

Once C/R's KNOW when the train stops and they look up and see that striped board its all good!!

Until then though you have to go through the motions i have heard C/R's tell new T/O's straight up..

"Something happens im pulling the cord im not writing a G-2 over a rookie"

Yeah as a Former C/R we did talk about our T/O's and I was good at calling out the bad ones and you may have heard me a few times before we offically met. A bad T/O is worst then a bad C/R I say that all the time. It got to the point I use to just pick jobs because I knew the T/O and not based on how good or bad the assignment was.

People do fall and trip and guess who pays for it once they sue.--Back in 1982? on the 7 this young guy was drunk and the train was too packed so he did what we all did as kids...he went through the chains to get in between cars but he slipped, he lost a leg..

Criminals love to rip off purses while the trains in motion. --I don't know if any of you remember a punk tried to rip off a gold necklace and nearly choked the old lady.

People also think it's the best time to pee.....don't they realize they sometimes pee on track men.

lol i've seen lots of people pee between cars.

at least they are kind enough to do it while the train's in the tunnel and not in front of everyone in the station

lol i've seen lots of people pee between cars.

at least they are kind enough to do it while the train's in the tunnel and not in front of everyone in the station

Only if they could just fall in such a way that only their hands and feet get amputated. This way they will most likely live, but won't have anything to grab or grab with, to do this nasty crap again.

Only if they could just fall in such a way that only their hands and feet get amputated. This way they will most likely live, but won't have anything to grab or grab with, to do this nasty crap again.

Maybe the lesson should be a little worse than that :eek:

I think the idea shouldn't go over than what D thought of......

His idea is good nuff......

Actually I just realized what I wrote. It should be if their hands and weenie get amputated. I would edit it, but since R1 just quoted it, I'll leave it.

Archived