Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Does anyone remember the 2007/8 R-42 (G)?

R10 2952

In late 2007 (and possibly 2008), R-42s were spotted and photographed running on the (G)/(F) lines from Court Square/Continental Avenue to Coney Island during some of the G.O.s that had resulted in no (F) trains to Coney Island, necesitating the (NYCT) to send (G)s along the Culver Line. If I am not mistaken, an R-32 train set showed up during this time on the (G) as well. Does anyone know what R-32s/R-42s on the (G) (in 2007/2008) were all about?:confused:

In late 2007 (and possibly 2008), R-42s were spotted and photographed running on the (G)/(F) lines from Court Square/Continental Avenue to Coney Island during some of the G.O.s that had resulted in no (F) trains to Coney Island, necesitating the (NYCT) to send (G)s along the Culver Line. If I am not mistaken, an R-32 train set showed up during this time on the (G) as well. Does anyone know what R-32s/R-42s on the (G) (in 2007/2008) were all about?:confused:

There was a set that was transferred either from Coney Island or a 10 car train set from East NY sent to 207 St, then made its way down to Avenue X or Jamaica Yard(s). The R42 set was left in Avenue X Yard during the weekend of that G.O., and was put into Crosstown-Culver Local (G) service.

It was on 08/08/2007, the day of the massive flood. Something like 2 R32s and 3 R46s were damaged in Jamaica Yard (I don't remember the exact amount) so R42's were sent to the (G) line to make service. This was only over the course of a few days.

It was on 08/08/2007, the day of the massive flood. Something like 2 R32s and 3 R46s were damaged in Jamaica Yard (I don't remember the exact amount) so R42's were sent to the (G) line to make service. This was only over the course of a few days.

I caught it on 8-11-07:

9f65e6f5.jpg

5af9bee0.jpg

b7097bb2.jpg

Zach

Wow!! Seeing these pics of an R42 (G) gives these pics somewhat of an 80`s feel.Imagine the (G) going to coney Island.Nice catch.

The G goes to Coney Island (from Court Sq). on weekend GO's when the F goes to Euclid (from 179) when tracks are out between Jay (including the tracks the F needs to utilize that station) and Bergen.

Archived