Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

Ways To Get To/From Coney Island

EE Broadway Local

i already have to. I have to use the (4)(5) from wall st to get to the (;)(Q). I kinda don't care for the (N) nor the (F) even tho the (F) has a nice ride going and coming back.

Yeah, the (F) is very scenic, with good views of the yard, and the Gowanus Canal and the BQE between Fourth Avenue and Smith - Ninth Streets.

If its from the bronx id take the (5) since it starts express at 125th while the (2) starts at 96th, plus the (5) skips Hoyt... Take the (D) 4th Avenue Exp or just the (B) to Brighton and Grab the (Q)..

If you aren't in a rush, do you like to mix your ride to/from Coney Island (i.e. arrive on the (Q) or (F) return on the (N) or (D)) or do you like a single ride (i.e. via Brighton or West End)?

i like to do that take the (N) or (Q) to stillwell and take the (F) back nice ride

If you aren't in a rush, do you like to mix your ride to/from Coney Island (i.e. arrive on the (Q) or (F) return on the (N) or (D)) or do you like a single ride (i.e. via Brighton or West End)?

Avoid the West End line. It is slow and it has too many curves.

The (D)azzling, (F)riendly, (N)ice, and (Q)uickest ways to go between Coney Island and 34th Street-Herald Square is using any of these lines (D)(F)(N)(Q).

The (N) is the fastest way to Manhattan from Coney Island.

Do you take the (F) express when it does express services limited to Kings Hwy?

Nope, it's a waste of a service and the drop outs at Kings Highway are a pain in the ass when I am going to Coney Island. I rode the (F) to Coney every day this summer and the express was a waste.

As a side note, I proposed to my fiance at the top of the Wonder Wheel this past Labor Day. Obviously, she said yes.

"Don't let us down until she says yes!!!".. Just kidding. Cool idea though. Congratulations on the engagement.

For me if I am going alone and have time to kill, I take the (;) from 145 Street to Sheepshead Bay for the (Q). If it is the weekend, I take the (D) to 34 Street or walk to the (4) to 14 Street for the (Q). If I am not alone, then I take the (D) straight to CI.

• 3 months later...

My trips revolve around speed, and I might take different routes depending on the service changes. On a normal day, the (N) (4 Avenue express, Broadway express) is obviously my first choice. If I happen to miss the (N), I take the (Q) (Brighton local, Broadway express). The (Q) is the obvious choice when it runs express between Coney Island and Prospect Park; it beats all the other trains to Manhattan by 4 to 8 minutes. For any other service changes that happen to leave the (N) and (Q) crippled, I take the (D) (the slowest out of all of them).

Nope, it's a waste of a service and the drop outs at Kings Highway are a pain in the ass when I am going to Coney Island. I rode the (F) to Coney every day this summer and the express was a waste.

Funny, I haven't encountered a Kings Highway-bound express (F) for a while. Almost all of the ones I've taken ran to Coney Island express (bypassing the late Kings Highway-bound train between 18 Avenue and Kings Highway).

Archived