Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

He lives on Long Island and uses the buses. That's pathetic. If I lived in the boonies, I would be taking the LIRR into the work in the city and DRIVING elsewhere on the Long Island. That's what upper middle and upper class folks do on the island.

Class has squat to do with anything here, this about how Pinepower is a hyproctite relying on those NICE bus. Sure, he can use the system, but like others said, it aint his personal car/taxi. Go to All Island Taxi if you want such service.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to wonder where he got the money for his escapades if he himself said he was on disability (for what, I don't know).

Disabled people get a discount on public transit.... The disabled fares show up on the trip planner's on MTA & NJT sites.

Edited by trainfan22

Disabled people get a discount on public transit.... The disabled fares show up on the trip planner's on MTA & NJT sites.

I get the impression that people in wheelchairs get to ride for free on the (MTA) express bus while the elderly get a discount on the express bus during certain time periods (outside of peak times is my understanding).  Does NICE also allow this or do they just get a discount regardless of whether or not they are disabled or elderly?

Class has squat to do with anything here, this about how Pinepower is a hyproctite relying on those NICE bus. Sure, he can use the system, but like others said, it aint his personal car/taxi. Go to All Island Taxi if you want such service.

IMO it does.  He yells about riff-raff on the buses, but can't afford to use anything but NICE.   It's quite ironic if you ask me.  I use taxis when I'm on Long Island to and from the LIRR to visit clients or attend business dinners, etc. and they're pricey.  I don't think he would be able to afford a taxi on a regular basis. You're better off having a car on Long Island for regular commuting.  It's easy to spend $30.00 to and from the LIRR (tip included).

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

IMO it does.  He yells about riff-raff on the buses, but can't afford to use anything but NICE.   It's quite ironic if you ask me.  I use taxis when I'm on Long Island to and from the LIRR to visit clients or attend business dinners, etc. and they're pricey.  I don't think he would be able to afford a taxi on a regular basis. You're better off having a car on Long Island for regular commuting.  It's easy to spend $30.00 to and from the LIRR (tip included).

He uses the LIRR & NJT transit too but moreso just for "fun". He has money for all that, when he doesn't have money for an occasional taxi ride or something when going home. Taxi's can be just as bad as the nice buses themselves; sometimes they never show up, and some are late. He's not upper middle class or upper classes, we're not trying to distinguish any of that, therefore there's no correlation to class in this. The general point is, NICE is not going to be there for him 24/7/365 on his side, and to think that is a fallacy. I don't even know how class came into play. 

He uses the LIRR & NJT transit too but moreso just for "fun". He has money for all that, when he doesn't have money for an occasional taxi ride or something when going home. Taxi's can be just as bad as the nice buses themselves; sometimes they never show up, and some are late. He's not upper middle class or upper classes, we're not trying to distinguish any of that, therefore there's no correlation to class in this. The general point is, NICE is not going to be there for him 24/7/365 on his side, and to think that is a fallacy. I don't even know how class came into play. 

And I wonder where from...

~~As The Harmoniums of Asgard Sound, Their Very Melody Stirs the Ancient Lightning To Wake~~

~~~~   DRAGON BOLT!!   ~~~~

lol... Well it comes into play for someone who complains about "riff-raff".  It's just ironic because usually one that doesn't like riff-raff takes modes of transportation to avoid that, though on Long Island, even the LIRR has a fair share of riff-raff.  Metro-North is far more classier (at least the rush hour trains tend to be).

I'm bored...

Who here thinks pinepower is a hypocrite.

Watch his videos on YouTube his a hypothetical and wanna know if anybody thinks so.

Yeah, I know who the guy is... He's one of these people that's NEVER, and I do mean NEVER satisfied with anything....

Complains for the sake of complaining.... I wouldn't exactly call him a hypocrite, but he is wishy-washy as f*** (which goes back to his incessant complaining).... He's not the guy that says one thing & does another - He's the guy that takes a position, has a change of heart somewhere along the line, then takes on the opposite position (such as his stances (plural) with the MTA).... One minute he wants the MTA back running bus service in Nassau County, the next minute he's talking about how NICE is a good service provider, and the MTA needs to stay out of LI, and the next minute, NICE is the worst bus system in the world.... It doesn't end with him.... The man is lonely & miserable & you can see it in his face when he does his videos.... Sad really....

Notice that he doesn't do any videos about hispanics (of which he painted with the broad brush by calling them "illegals") anymore.... When a couple of those so-called "illegals" caught wind of his videos (I mean, he gives himself away by walking around recording shit), they started prank calling him (I remember a video he did about that)... How they got his phone #, IDK, and don't really care - but it's what he deserved for being an antagonist on the sly, by hiding behind the whole America's a victim of these guys BS in those videos he used to do.....

....PinePower expects transit to benefit him and nobody else. Dude used to come here and complain about the n22 and n35.

He wants transit to benefit the little man (and I'm not referring to his stature either)... His entire shtick is the whole us (poorer people) vs the whole keeping up with the Jones' collective of people in LI.... His SUV, soccer mom, and McMansions rants were pretty funny though....

You are 100% right he thinks the buses should run is way.I don't work for a bus company so I don't know how hard is being a bus driver.But with pinepower he blames everyone but himself nice bus isn't a taxi company.

To be a little fair, he does have valid complaints... But they get watered down by the inane shit he complains about... Like the dirtiness of the area under the seats on the bus, for example.... Not the floor, but under the actual physical seat.... That's just finding shit to complain about for the sake of complaining.... Not even the cleanest bus system in the world has all its buses immaculately pristine to the point where you won't find one speck of dirt on it....

He lives on Long Island and uses the buses.  That's pathetic.  If I lived in the boonies, I would be taking the LIRR into the work in the city and DRIVING elsewhere on the Long Island. That's what upper middle and upper class folks do on the island.

That's the thing.... He bitches about the buses, but complains about having to take the LIRR too...

You don't know his real preference, and the way I see it, neither does he!

As far as driving, he made up some reason as to why he's unable to drive.... Something with his disability (which I still believe is hogwash, but w/e)....

Yeah, good luck with that out of him - He complains about that too.

To continue being fair, he has a valid gripe.... For example, 8 bucks to get from LIRR Mineola to RFM is a f***ing rip-off.

I have to wonder where he got the money for his escapades if he himself said he was on disability (for what, I don't know).

For as long as I have seen/listened to his rantings, I've been trying to figure this one out (about the money aspect).... Him having a disability I believe to be complete BS.... I've never known stress, having panic attacks, & IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) to be disabilities... If anything, he brings the former of the 3 onto himself.... I wish I could get a check for riling myself up to get so aggravated with NICE, the (clear cutting of) pines out in LI/NJ, and the overdevelopment of LI, that I get stressed out!

I'm not certain, but I have my theories as to where he's getting money to go on all these escapades, and it's a small hint he dropped in a couple of his older videos... and it sure as hell isn't from family members either.....

People here just drop$1.00 (or $1.25) and the drivers give them transfers.  No one really cares anymore.

This.... see it everyday at Mineola Intermodal.

Just this past friday evening, there was a crowd of about 50+ ppl. or so waiting to get on the 40/41 (it was a 40 that it departed as)... b/o just waved everyone the hell on, on.... and it is not the first time since I started working out here that I have seen that either.... All these fareboxes on these buses are not broken... It's that the drivers don't give a shit about anything else except not being late... That is like a cardinal sin out there with NICE; those super's do not play.... I tend to chuckle when some of them drivers get chewed out, just before they pull into their appropriate lane inside mineola intermodal... Lol....

lol... Well it comes into play for someone who complains about "riff-raff".  It's just ironic because usually one that doesn't like riff-raff takes modes of transportation to avoid that, though on Long Island, even the LIRR has a fair share of riff-raff.  Metro-North is far more classier (at least the rush hour trains tend to be).

Funny, because He is the "riff-raff" he complains about....

Again, he's anti-rich folk out there in LI (anti-rich folk because he's jealous of them, even though he denies it).....

I wish he didn't catch feelings with the whole Chemical Craig shit (some youtuber), which led to one of his I'm leaving youtube declarations.... That dude trolled the shit out of the guy... for months! Anyway, he went off to vimeo, bitched about that site because you can't upload clips that are too long on that site, so now he's back on YT, refusing to (IMO, scared) to do any vid com's about "illegals" hispanics.....

That's the thing.... He bitches about the buses, but complains about having to take the LIRR too...

You don't know his real preference, and the way I see it, neither does he!

As far as driving, he made up some reason as to why he's unable to drive.... Something with his disability (which I still believe is hogwash, but w/e)....

Funny, because He is the "riff-raff" he complains about....

Again, he's anti-rich folk out there in LI (anti-rich folk because he's jealous of them, even though he denies it).....

I wish he didn't catch feelings with the whole Chemical Craig shit (some youtuber), which led to one of his I'm leaving youtube declarations.... That dude trolled the shit out of the guy... for months! Anyway, he went off to vimeo, bitched about that site because you can't upload clips that are too long on that site, so now he's back on YT, refusing to (IMO, scared) to do any vid com's about "illegals" hispanics.....

LOL... The whole thing is hilarious!

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that the man at the top at MSG is either arrogant or missing a few screws? How do you make Isiah Thomas President of the WNBA New York Liberty. IIRC Mr. Thomas was at the center of a sexual harassment trial a few years back that cost MSG big bucks when they lost the case. It's Jimmy Dolan's money and his team(s) but I don't think he knows jack about basketball or public relations going by his past decisions. Maybe the NBA or his daddy will step in and show him the light. Carry on.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe a Queens resident can answer this.

Around the time I signed up for this site, I used to ride my bike from my house out to Francis Lewis Boulevard in Springfield Gardens, right by Montefiore Cemetery.  I haven't been out there in a long time, but I remember that FL merges with 121st Avenue.  Going south to Merrick, when and why was that right turn lane blocked off?  Google Street View shows me that it's still blocked and that there's grass growing through the pavement.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.68566,-73.734195,3a,75y,204.92h,55.03t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sW614mMoxWqf48D7yY3UZYg!2e0!6m1!1e1

The force used on these kids may have been a little too much, but what do you expect when a cop tells you to stay put but you yell and resist and try to run away?

Even if you know you're not doing anything wrong, I wouldn't want to deal with the bullshit that may come if I tried to resist in that type of situation. Which is why whenever I get pulled over for something I know I didn't do, I just take the summons/ticket and fight it afterwards or politely plead my case while at the stop.

• 3 weeks later...