Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I saved a roach, I guess. Was on it's back and I initially thought he was relaxing. Jokes aside, I put him in the big gulp cup and placed him outside. He rolled right onto his legs and crawled away. Strange, but it's nice to help save something, even if it's something not worth saving. 

• 2 weeks later...

Laaadyyy In Redd

Is Dancing With Me

Cheek to Cheek

Theres Nobody Here

Its Just You and Me

Its where I Want to Be

But I Hardly Knooooow

This Beauty By My Siiiiiiide  Ooh

But I'll Never Forget

The Way You Look Tonight    ..Ight

Never Will Forrr get

The Waaay You Look    

Tonight

Lady In Red

Lady In Red

Lady In Red

Lady In Red

If only she were real.....   :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

And the USPS wonders why it's losing money... I order something Thursday night, the seller doesn't get to the post office until the weekend, fine... but when it's been sitting there since midnight on Friday?

Spend the extra money on UPS or FedEx.. anything's better than ordering something FROM BROOKLYN only to have it sit for almost a week no less than 10 miles away.  I could have gone to the guy's house and paid him myself!

Chances are, depending on the package itself and service the customer uses, UPS and/or FedEx actually drops it off for USPS to take over. So even with the extra money, USPS is still delivering your package...depending of course.

On top of that, most Post Office's LAST truck to leave is around 5PM on Friday. Rarely on Saturday it'll leave, thankfully my office makes the trip. Also if your seller dropped it off on the weekend and it states it's there on Friday, it doesn't actually mean it's been shipped. It may mean the Post Office acknowledges of a package that's going to be handled there.

Chances are, depending on the package itself and service the customer uses, UPS and/or FedEx actually drops it off for USPS to take over. So even with the extra money, USPS is still delivering your package...depending of course.

On top of that, most Post Office's LAST truck to leave is around 5PM on Friday. Rarely on Saturday it'll leave, thankfully my office makes the trip. Also if your seller dropped it off on the weekend and it states it's there on Friday, it doesn't actually mean it's been shipped. It may mean the Post Office acknowledges of a package that's going to be handled there.

I've had that happen to me once.  I ordered two dress shirts from SAKS and here comes this guy from the USPS bursting into my office.  He goes up to the receptionist and tells her packages for "XXXX" (stating my name).  My office is fairly close to the main front desk area, so immediately I'm thinking wait a minute.... Didn't I ship those dress shirts with FedEx?  I then checked the tracking order, and sure enough, for the last leg of the trip, FedEx had dropped my items off to USPS, who then did the delivery.  In order to get good shipping options, you have to do something like FedEx Home Delivery which costs more, but gives you far more options.

• 2 weeks later...

I order stuff from amazon on oct. 3 and they tell me it won't get here until the 27th wtf?? I never shoulda bought from that new seller with the lovest price....

You pays for you learnin'

I order things from Amazon all the time and I've never had that problem. First of all I have Amazon Prime which usually means free 2-day shipping. The exception to that is to check for the seller first. Many things on the site are not sold by Amazon but second party sellers. In that case all bets are off because one has to check to see what the sellers shipping policy is and check if the seller even has the desired item in stock. As an example, if I wanted to buy my little nephews Halloween costumes tonight, Tuesday, most sellers on Amazon won't deliver before Saturday or Sunday. Better check everything before you click buy on these online sites. YMMV though. Carry on

I order things from Amazon all the time and I've never had that problem. First of all I have Amazon Prime which usually means free 2-day shipping. The exception to that is to check for the seller first. Many things on the site are not sold by Amazon but second party sellers. In that case all bets are off because one has to check to see what the sellers shipping policy is and check if the seller even has the desired item in stock. As an example, if I wanted to buy my little nephews Halloween costumes tonight, Tuesday, most sellers on Amazon won't deliver before Saturday or Sunday. Better check everything before you click buy on these online sites. YMMV though. Carry on

I have bought on Amazon and haven't had too many problems, though shipping can be slow.  I did have a seller on Ebay that was just incredible.  I purchased an item and kept following up as to when it would be shipped out and kept getting BS so I started sending nasty e-mails threatening to escalate the matter to Ebay.  Finally they sent out the item.  When I sold stuff on Ebay I always provided fast shipping and was responsive.  The only time a buyer got "gypped" was due to them not reading the full description of the product that I was selling.  Back in the day I used to have several SONY mini disc players from Japan.  I sold one to a guy out in Arizona since I didn't really need it and he e-mailed me complaining, saying that the item wasn't as I described it.  I told him it most certainly was and asked him to review the description again.  Afterwards, he apologized.  The mini disc player was an old school one that I only used for playing discs. I didn't use it for recording, which was what he was interested in, but there were no returns.  Nevertheless, it was a beautiful mini disc player (a higher end one) which I kept in pristine condition (Made in Japan).

I've always loved Japanese-made goods from the late 1980s to the 1990s.  I still have my SNES from 1992-1993... still works, though it's EXTREMELY sensitive to touch now.  Same goes for the old '90s cars, though I think a lot of stuff the same year the SNES was still popular has turned to rust now...

• 3 weeks later...

rededededeededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededededede

dedededededededededededededededededemininininininininininininininnininininininininininindongdingdongd

ingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdongdingdong................

Edited by Missabassi