Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

LMAO!  What's annoying is these hooligans with skinny pants on now with them sagging.  It looks so ridiculous.  Some thing that started in jail because prisoners aren't allowed to have belts.  That seems like a great trend to follow.  :lol:

You'll like this VG8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkWCtAk_p1I

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today seems to be one of those slow news days....

1. SI Man Becomes First Undocumented Immigrant in NY to Receive Law License: http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2016/02/3/si-man-becomes-first-undocumented-immigrant-in-ny-to-receive-law-license.html

-Good for him, but does he realize this is in violation of federal law?

2. Man Accused of Robbing Armless teen faces Hate Crime Charges: http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2016/02/4/man-accused-of-robbing-armless-teen-faces-hate-crime-charges-.html

-Dafuq? He shouldn't be robbing people, but how the hell is this a 'hate crime'?

https://twitter.com/mmmhotbreakfast/status/696784351716057088

So we've discovered why Cam Newton was rubbish in the Superbowl. He was at Punt Road a few years back. Clearly thier chocking in big games(Richmond have been below par the past 30 years), Last 3 years in finals series. Last 3 years they chocked.

Edited by Pakenhamtrain

Today was the worst day to wear my Vans.

lol... I can't wait until March comes to replace all of my shoes.  I love wearing drivers and leather soled shoes, and this salt and snow ruins them so they can't be used (or I have to carry them to the office and wear them inside).  Today I should've worn a pair of my American made boots.  Wore some old tennis style shoes I have from Portugal that I use on weekends... Not exactly getting around in this crappola.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate the iPhone so much.  I've had it for two years now and normally, people's contracts are up by then so they switch to a new phone... I use an app for longer than 10 minutes and suddenly 20% of my battery is gone.  Also, my phone tends to decide when it wants to charge and it's plugged in.

I hate the iPhone so much.  I've had it for two years now and normally, people's contracts are up by then so they switch to a new phone... I use an app for longer than 10 minutes and suddenly 20% of my battery is gone.  Also, my phone tends to decide when it wants to charge and it's plugged in.

Apple products are proprietary garbage which is designed to fail.

You'd be better off getting literally anything else when your contract is up.

Apple products are proprietary garbage which is designed to fail.

You'd be better off getting literally anything else when your contract is up.

Proprietariness listed:

• No MTP—instead of plugging in and working on a computer, Apple devices must go through iTunes
  • Lightning connector—only works with Apple devices whereas USB works with anything, including external hard drives, MP3 players, and printers
  • App Store—apps must be Apple-approved while Android apps can be sideloaded with little difficulty, and an entirely different app store can replace Google Play
  • Web browser—all web browser apps must use the Apple-provided engine, meaning even Firefox is basically a Safari with different buttons and they will share security vulnerabilities
  • System apps—many Apple-provided apps cannot be disabled or replaced with better third-party ones such as Signal

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...