Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what are your thoughts about the gorilla shooting? Seems to me the mother is being attacked for not being able to watch her child. I believe the people attacking the mother are correct because an endangered species died because of this mom not watching her child.

And she doesn't think it's her fault.  According to her, accidents happen....  <_< Seems like this is the new thing in our society.  No one takes responsibility for their actions.  It's always someone else's fault, or the other one I love "it's just XYZ"... In other words, it's never a big deal... How do you have a four year old in a zoo and not have his hand the ENTIRE TIME?  I agree with the others who have said that the parents should be investigated.  I have a hard time understanding how this child was able to venture unsupervised and fall into that area to put himself and the gorilla in harm's way.  Common sense should tell her that kids will be kids.  She's supposedly "the adult", and should be setting the example.  The people that should have kids don't or can't, and the ones that can or do are stupid, and have too many of them.

P.S. Who in the hell is Shade Jay? I almost thought I had quoted the wrong person.  :lol:

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Today, I was thinking of buying a Roku Streaming Stick, which cost $49.99 and I was wonder if this would consider a waste of money. Now I do watch my movies and tv shows on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video, etc on platforms like PS3 and PC(Windows 10). What apps do I have on them? Here are the lists:

PlayStation 3

• Amazon Video
  • Crackle
  • HBO GO
  • Hulu
  • Netflix
  • Popcornflix
  • Youtube

*I rarely play games on ps3 since I have it for 6 years and I mainly use it to watch movies or tv shows, which is why I don't have a ps4. I wouldn't want to waste my 1 year PS+ Subscription on the ps4 if I don't use it often. I rarely play games & I used to play a lot when I was a teen.

Windows 10

• A&E(Damien & Roots)
  • AMC(TWD, FTWD, Turn: Washington's Spies, Hap & Leonard, Into the Badlands & The Night Manager)
  • CBS All Access(recently signed up)
  • Crackle(original series like C:H:O:S:E:N & The Art of More, plus movies)
  • Hulu
  • Netflix
  • SYFY Now(Hunters, The Magicians, 12 Monkeys, Wynonna Earp, The Expanse, Dark Matter & Killjoys)
  • USA Now(Motive, Mr. Robot & upcoming series Queen of the South)

When I do watch my shows or movies on my laptop, after awhile, sometimes I don't feel like watching them on my laptop all the time. So maybe I should get the Roku Streaming Stick but I am not sure. Since I said that I don't like to watch on my laptop all the time, some would probably say "just plug your laptop with your HDMI into the HDTV and your all good." I need your honest opinion whether I should get it or not.

Edited by Q113 LTD

P.S. Who in the hell is Shade Jay? I almost thought I had quoted the wrong person. :lol:

ShadeJay is my Snapchat name. I changed my name to that since the "Shade" part defines me similar to "Mysterious".

Today, I was thinking of buying a Roku Streaming Stick, which cost $49.99 and I was wonder if this would consider a waste of money. Now I do watch my movies and tv shows on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video, etc on platforms like PS3 and PC(Windows 10). What apps do I have on them? Here are the lists:

PlayStation 3

• Amazon Video
  • Crackle
  • HBO GO
  • Hulu
  • Netflix
  • Popcornflix
  • Youtube
*I rarely play games on ps3 since I have it for 6 years and I mainly use it to watch movies or tv shows, which is why I don't have a ps4. I wouldn't want to waste my 1 year PS+ Subscription on the ps4 if I don't use it often. I rarely play games & I used to play a lot when I was a teen.

Windows 10

• A&E(Damien & Roots)
  • AMC(TWD, FTWD, Turn: Washington's Spies, Hap & Leonard, Into the Badlands & The Night Manager)
  • CBS All Access(recently signed up)
  • Crackle(original series like C:H:O:S:E:N & The Art of More, plus movies)
  • Hulu
  • Netflix
  • SYFY Now(Hunters, The Magicians, 12 Monkeys, Wynonna Earp, The Expanse, Dark Matter & Killjoys)
  • USA Now(Motive, Mr. Robot & upcoming series Queen of the South)
When I do watch my shows or movies on my laptop, after awhile, sometimes I don't feel like watching them on my laptop all the time. So maybe I should get the Roku Streaming Stick but I am not sure. Since I said that I don't like to watch on my laptop all the time, some would probably say "just plug your laptop with your HDMI into the HDTV and your all good." I need your honest opinion whether I should get it or not.
Well I use roku for a few channels like YouTube and Netflix. Some features are already unlocked but to fully enjoy an app you may have to redeem a code by going to a certain website and put down the code on your screen.

This doesn't really apply to channels like Netflix and Hulu but more for channels like Disney and History channel.

Edited by ShadeJay

ShadeJay is my Snapchat name. I changed my name to that since the "Shade" part defines me similar to "Mysterious".

Well I use roku for a few channels like YouTube and Netflix. Some features are already unlocked but to fully enjoy an app you may have to redeem a code by going to a certain website and put down the code on your screen.

This doesn't really apply to channels like Netflix and Hulu but more for channels like Disney and History channel.

Well if I plan on buying the Roku Streaming Stick, I will be downloading like 15 apps(what you see above), including Tubitv, Showtime Anytime, Starz Play & CW Seed. I won't be planning on buying movies on Cinema Now on Roku anytime soon but I know it requires a credit card when creating a account in order for me to use Roku.

• 3 weeks later...

“If that was Savannah, LeBron’s wife

If that were Gloria, LeBron’s mother. What would we be saying?” Smith asked on Friday’s episode of First Take.

“LeBron James has a mom and has a wife, has kids, great guy, an even greater ambassador of the game of basketball than Steph Curry because he’s done it over the test of time. Wonderful, beautiful father. And I’ve got news for you: As beautiful as everyone wants to say Ayesha Curry is, and she is, Savannah is something special. I’m here to tell you something right now. Ain’t a man alive, particularly a black man, that’s going to look at LeBron James’s wife and not say that that woman ain’t gorgeous. She’s wonderful inside and out. She sits there, she doesn’t bring any attention to herself. She never tweets and goes out there and calls out the league and stuff like that. And nobody — nobody — is more scrutinized than her husband. But yet, she thinks about how she represents him, and as a result, she doesn’t do that.”

Alright.... Last year when Ayesha Curry's hubby won the NBA title, it wasn't fixed.... NOW that it's seriously looking like the Cavs are going to do to the Warriors here in the NBA Finals, what the Warriors did to the Thunder in the WCF (which is, come back down 3-1 in the series), NOW the league is fixed..... Seriously, give me a break.... I have no dog in the fight when I say there's a script being followed; the league doesn't become any less fixed when the supposed team/player I'm rooting for is winning.... The script is the script, and if you wanna continue making those millions, you stick to it & shut something that of which is called the F*** up!

....But then you have this I's-a-tap-daancin-for-massa (Yes I AM), bootlicking ass, sexist coon Screaming A. Smith tryna turn this into a lightskin-darkskin thing - talking about Ayesha Curry needing to be more like the gorgeous, special (who I didn't even know existed up until this point) Samantha James (LeBron's wife).... What he's basically insinuating is that Ayesha should be the quintessential trophy wife (meaning, just look pretty & STFU).... For the life of me, I don't know what the heck being beautiful had to do with addressing what Ayesha Curry said about the league being fixed..... It's almost as if he's projecting his love of darker-skinned women through Ayesha; and she was absolutely right to check this lemon head looking MF-er as to why he's trying to pit her & Lebron's wife against each other....

All that above, is coming from someone that think Ayesha Curry is overrated when it comes to the looks department.... I don't see where she is all that good looking... Different strokes, I suppose....

Stephen Curry is a player I've grown to dislike over time... I believe some of these forum posters (other forums) as well as the main social media sites that claim that the dude is henpecked; she seems like she wears the pants in the family.... I sporadically peeped some of these Warriors games throughout the season, and ole boy is immature... Very immature....

- Is the man a prolific shooter, yup....

- HoF? Not yet (ppl need to calm down with hall of fame talks about this guy)...

- Is he even the best (shooter) on his own team? If you ask me, that answer is no.... I think Klay is actually a better pure shooter.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This whole Penn Station thing got me thinking that Cuomo might be gearing up for a White House run in a few years- God forbid.  Haven't  corrupt elitists like him and Hillary done enough to stain the Democratic Party's reputation for progressivism? What a shame Sanders was cheated by these beasts of no nation...    

Edited by R10 2952

This whole Penn Station thing got me thinking that Cuomo might be gearing up for a White House run in a few years- God forbid.  Haven't  corrupt elitists like him and Hillary done enough to stain the Democratic Party's reputation for progressivism? What a shame Sanders was cheated by these beasts of no nation...    

Crooked Hillary I understand but Cuomo? When did he become an elitist or corrupt?  I have voted for him and his office has been responsive overall when I've made suggestions or questioned certain things.

Crooked Hillary I understand but Cuomo? When did he become an elitist or corrupt?  I have voted for him and his office has been responsive overall when I've made suggestions or questioned certain things.

I agree with VG8, Cuomo doesn't seem to be as elitist as Hillary is. I'd actually rather have him take the White House now. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I don't think the MCI acquisition is going quite as well as New Flyer had hoped. I may be mistaken, but it seems many of the MCI strongholds are switching to Prevost and VanHool....

Just a random observation.

Well, NJT has continued with getting MCI coaches, so there's hope

• 3 months later...

????I'm guessing you've had a bad experience. So have I.

There are people inside who disapprove but they'd be crucified if they squealed.????

????They feel their voice is all but gone and some do view the union as outdated and unfocused on long term solutions. ????️

????Drivers feel inadequate and scapegoated by a system that has also failed them.

????The salaries are superb, but there is a high, emotional price for every corner they can't cut.????

????As a basket case myself, I know trauma when I see it. No one should have a front row seat to some suicide jumpers marriage to the third rail.????⚠️

????NO driver should be sucker punched for driving a bunch of ungrateful punks through a section of town they'd get shot at in.⚰️

????MVMs aren't required to maintain EZP cards. They're costly to maintain and a 15¢ loss is incurred for every $1 extracted. Having them out of the picture lowers maintenance costs & minimizes sabotage. ????????????️

⚒️These can be refilled over the phone or online. Automated systems and online portal available 24/7.????

Weeks? ????It's just a few days (10 at most). There is no replacement fee (usually $1).????️

The form is two pages long. A twelve year old could fill it out. Reduced fare riders have conversion priority and can use their old card up to a fortnight until the balance runs out.

If your card is stolen your balance is yours. I'm advocating for a system that lets you activate any MetroCard bought from a vendor by pairing it's serial with the matching account.

I'm also looking into dual balances, which is only available to reduced fare customers right now.

Bonuses are applied in reverse, meaning I pay $2.62 a ride.

Stubbornness is my nature. It makes me more willing to bring up points others miss.

Mass transit has a history of leaving customers holding an empty bag. You read my tidbit on the tourist end BEFORE you replied to this comment?

Compared to my banter, the MTA is even less considerate.

It seems riders in the poorest sections of the city have the most complaints, yet cause the most trouble and the most damage.

I'm sticking to my guns regardless of how many of you state otherwise because I've seen the cycle at work.

They never represent themselves when it's needed and are a factor in why some stations don't get attention.

If I was forced to paint over graffiti every other day I'd get sick of it too and not keep wasting my brush strokes.

If people complain about losing their MetroCard and how costly it is, looking at options helps. Like EasyPay.

Too often, riders take the doomsday approach at their own expense others.

Sorry if I come across as rash, I just look at things with a varied nature.

Urban transit vs. my suburban Outlook. Maybe that's why I'm insensitive to some concerns you might have.

This doesn't mean I don't share your gripes. It makes me more willing to bring up points others miss.

Mass transit has a history of leaving customers holding an empty bag. You read my tidbit on the tourist end BEFORE you replied to this comment?

Compared to my banter, the MTA is even less considerate.

It seems riders in the poorest sections of the city have the most complaints, yet cause the most trouble and the most damage.

I'm sticking to my guns regardless of how many of you state otherwise because I've seen the cycle at work.

They never represent themselves when it's needed and are a factor in why some stations don't get attention.

If I was forced to paint over graffiti every other day I'd get sick of it too and not keep wasting my brush strokes.

If people complain about losing their MetroCard and how costly it is, looking at options helps. Like EasyPay.

Too often, riders take the doomsday approach at their own expense others.

????Sorry if I come across as rash, I just look at things with a varied nature.????

????????Urban transit vs. my suburban Outlook. ????️????️Maybe that's why I'm insensitive to some concerns you might have.????

This doesn't mean I don't share your gripes. It makes me more willing to bring up points others miss.????️

????Mass transit has a history of leaving customers holding an empty bag.????️ You read my tidbit on the tourist end BEFORE you replied to this comment?????

ℹ️Compared to my banter, the MTA is even less considerate.♓

????Riders never represent themselves when it's needed and are a factor in why some stations don't get attention.????

????If I was forced to paint over graffiti every other day I'd get sick of it too and not keep wasting my brush strokes.☣️????????

????If people complain about losing their MetroCard and how costly it is, looking at options helps. Like EasyPay

Too often, riders take the doomsday approach at their own expense others.????

Edited by MassTransitHonchkrow