Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have a serious problem when it comes to taking me seriously.

You have nothing constructive to say, don't.

You find fault in my posts, report it.

Because I have been reporting you.

That's nice....

I'm not taking a person that appends a bunch of emoji's to his posts to make whatever point he's trying to make, seriously.... Which is a "serious problem" you have - Nobody knows what's going on in that little bubble of yours, yet you expect to people on here to decipher just what the hell it is you're talking about... "Seriously", it's not my problem if you can't convey your points in a sensible manner that promotes healthy discussion....

I will continue to post whatever I feel is necessary & if you don't like what I post (that happens to be aimed at, or about you), well then, Tough..... Whatever happened to ignoring my posts like you said you were going to? Remember, I was overbearing, teddy ruxpin, winnie the pooh, yogi, berenstain, teddiursa, yada yada yada.....

I'm not going to sit here & stroke the fragile feelings of someone that comes on here stroking his own ego, Mr "level 4 local guide "....

What I'm also not going to do is commence pestering forum staff with petty issues that's quantitative of finding "faults" in your posts...

Lastly... Lol... Will ya look at that... That last post I made in this thread, an S-mod repped it....

The point? I made my point  ;) 

I've been on this forum & in this online transit community since this forum's inception & then some.... There's been some disagreements & many concurrences.... Whereas your types usually come & go..... The point? I'm not the problem here.

Gotta tilt my cap to ya, though

1394840167540.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Why did old (pre-2001 or so) NBA games only show the scores once or twice a quarter on TV?  It's always bothered me.

That was common in all sports.  Networks did not like showing the score all the time out of concern more casual viewers would "tune out" the games if they did.

FOX was the first to have scores up at all times with the "FOX Box" in 1994 when they first got the NFL. 

It feels great to consolidate all the digital cruft that builds up over the years…

1. 10+ different e-mail accounts… some hosted on providers that have been proven to be insecure or too cozy with anglophone governments… consolidated into 2 e-mail accounts hosted in Norway and Switzerland
  2. Accounts with services that had too much information on me… had to let them go by deletion or overriding previous data with fake stuff
  3. Accounts with insecure passwords… switched to 2-factor authentication for all supporting services
  4. Replaced applications with robust, privacy-friendly alternatives
  5. Dumped Paypal… exploring zcash as an investment for the future—robust currency not controlled by any government has been gaining value for a while (down with the Dollar and Euro!)
  6. Getting into app development (starting with Android) to create apps to fill my own needs

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I started listening to the traffic reports on 1010 WINS at the start of the decade.  I kind of looked forward to it and would put it on even when I wasn't driving but when they changed their on-air sounders (the little chime you hear when they come back from a commercial break or whatever) in 2016, they started saying "Dodge Traffic Center" instead of "time for traffic and transit on the 1's" which sounds freaking stupid, because Dodge has never had a good reputation in the US for anything ever.  It's even worse now that they say "RAM Trucks Traffic Center." There's no urgency as opposed to them saying "Time for (expanded) Traffic & Transit on the 1's," because nothing FIAT has owned or produced has ever been reliable or worth owning.  FIAT must have dropped big money for them to keep going like this.

Edited by Joel Up Front

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/19/2018 at 10:21 AM, LGA Link N train said:

How many regents are there in high school in a total amount. I know there's a Living Environment, Algebra 1, abd ELA For 9th grade. Then there's 2-4 more for 10th grade and so on.  

They give you the ELA in the 9th grade now?  Good God.

I remember getting the Math A Regents, Global I, and the Living Environment (everyone called it "Bio" for short).  The scores for the old Math A/B Regents exams were so catastrophically bad (my score was in the low 70s) the state decided to split it back up (Trig-Algebra) after my class took it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ridiculous, if his son wants to ride the bus with his friends, there's no need to shelter him just because the family "is rich" (Plus, encouraging use of public transit from a young age is good, even if it's just the school bus: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/09/02/wiz-khalifa-fires-back-at-people-who-complained-that-lets-his-son-ride-public-school-bus.html )

17 hours ago, checkmatechamp13 said:

Ridiculous, if his son wants to ride the bus with his friends, there's no need to shelter him just because the family "is rich" (Plus, encouraging use of public transit from a young age is good, even if it's just the school bus: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/09/02/wiz-khalifa-fires-back-at-people-who-complained-that-lets-his-son-ride-public-school-bus.html )

Couldn't agree anymore. Poor kid just wants to be like any other kid and go to school with his friends. These so called 'fans' should mind their business, especially when it comes down to personal matters.