Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

To me the 90s were the good ol' days. I remember the one on 86th and 3rd Av. I have no idea what it is now. I only know that it was near a movie theater [dunno if that's still there either].

Speaking of Petco, the Petco at Utica and Flatbush used to be part of a larger Burger King site. It had an arcade building and a mini/kidie amusement park with a mini coaster and mini 'tea cup' ride. Damn, if only I had pics of it. It was quite a sight.

I loved that place! My mom always used to take me there. I was also there for my birthday once B)

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so glad I'm not the only one here that remembers that place. Yeah it was amazing what they had. It totally topped anything McDonalds had.

the McDonalds in Orlando, has a huge playpen and some arcades with some rides, but nothing can ever replicate what that Burger King had. And it was there in Brooklyn. Good times...

To me the 90s were the good ol' days. I remember the one on 86th and 3rd Av. I have no idea what it is now. I only know that it was near a movie theater [dunno if that's still there either].

Speaking of Petco, the Petco at Utica and Flatbush used to be part of a larger Burger King site. It had an arcade building and a mini/kidie amusement park with a mini coaster and mini 'tea cup' ride. Damn, if only I had pics of it. It was quite a sight.

It seems like the arcade era is over in the city. I think it has to do with hoodlums congregating at arcades. Even the arcade in Chinatown is moving to a bar in Williamsburg. Broadway City in Times Square was epic, but thanks to a stabbing and a rape, it is gone.

Rockerfeller Center used to have the neatest bookstore.

It was named New York Bound and they carried new and used titles relating to New York City and New York State. I got my New York Els in the 1950's and Third Avenue El videos and my copy of Serpico by Peter Maas there. I miss that bookstore.

It seems like the arcade era is over in the city. I think it has to do with hoodlums congregating at arcades. Even the arcade in Chinatown is moving to a bar in Williamsburg. Broadway City in Times Square was epic, but thanks to a stabbing and a rape, it is gone.

That's possible or that it just wasn't as economically viable anymore since kids have Playstations, x-boxes, Nintendos. Selling the lot to Petcos or whatever would bring in more money than keeping the arcades afloat.

Plus given the kids today, they would probably just turn it into a 'gang' hangout. It's bad enough with them congregating in the restaurants and bothering the other customers.

It's not moving to williamsburg, it's moving to sunset park.

Random though-My Throat is KILLING ME!!! does anyone have any remedies on permanently soothing a sore throat? I'm sick of the same ol' suck on halls and go to sleep and it's gone the next day.

I get some natural tea, along with this natural honey from Germany that I enjoy and some natural lemon juice. Fresh natural lemons could work too of course. The honey soothes the throat amongst other things and the lemon also helps too. :P

I keep emphasizing natural because I find that it works well in helping the body recover quicker. Whenever I do get sick which isn't often that's what I use. As far as Halls go I would elect for a natural one that works well and tastes 10 times better. I use these natural herbal candy drops from Switzerland which are made by Ricola. They're very tasty and also help to soothe the throat. B)

I would recommend some herbal stuff, but I don't know where to go here in the States. In Italy we had herbal stores that specialized in certain herbs and such that you could use for colds and upset stomachs and such.

Anacita - Very Pretty - Princess

Corina - Pretty - Princess

Elizabeth - Very Pretty - Princess

Olgacita - Very Pretty - Princess

Yolacita - Cute - Princess

Life is good. :tup:

I'm EXTREMLEY confused about that statement. Do Elaborate, kind sir.

I get some natural tea, along with this natural honey from Germany that I enjoy and some natural lemon juice. Fresh natural lemons could work too of course. The honey soothes the throat amongst other things and the lemon also helps too. :P

I keep emphasizing natural because I find that it works well in helping the body recover quicker. Whenever I do get sick which isn't often that's what I use. As far as Halls go I would elect for a natural one that works well and tastes 10 times better. I use these natural herbal candy drops from Switzerland which are made by Ricola. They're very tasty and also help to soothe the throat. ;)

I would recommend some herbal stuff, but I don't know where to go here in the States. In Italy we had herbal stores that specialized in certain herbs and such that you could use for colds and upset stomachs and such.

Whole Foods sells a plethora of herbal medicine

The Census Bureau reports that officially, Detroit has a 2010 population of 713,777. This is a 25% decline from 2000 A.D. when Detroit had 951,208.

Since 1950, when Detroit peaked with 1.8 million, it has lost over 55% of its' population and is now the smallest it has been since 1910. Overall, Michigan, one of the hardest hit states by the recession, lost 16 percent of its' population from 2000 A.D. to 2010.

When I was on the second (J) I got on last Friday, the conductor actually made an annoucement himself. He was pretty heated at the person blocking the doors. That wasn't me because I was looking at the map inside the car... still startled me, though.

Edited by Joel Up Front