Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Superhero movies before was mainly Batman or Superman, there's a lot of material from the comics to make movies from them. The diversity is wonderful.

Sequels, well as I said: likely easier to make something people are familiar with or it would be too hard to create something from scratch that likely rips off something else.

People are too dumb to read comic books. All they know is Batman, Superman, Spiderman, and Wolverine. That's why they keep making sequels. Studios go for the easy money.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least when comics were in vogue, people could read. They had storylines that were in-depth and kept you hooked. Apparently, Marvel doesn't know when to end because in the end they have to resolve all these plotholes, make new characters and retcon everything, or kill off about 40% of their characters.

The last original concept I heard of that worked was Mirror's Edge, which didn't do too well because of Call of Duty 4 (which was great itself, but brought along with it the Michael Bay-style explosion ridden shooters we are burdened with today), and because people think free runners and parkour are stupid.

Ugh...Fresh Pond. Sorry but hands down they're the worst depot out of the entire Brooklyn Division. They don't even deserve the RTS' they have now.

Turtle's gonna flip on you! XD.

Even tho its my home depot, the maintenance is shit... some of the older 8xxx Nova's are reminding me of the 94 PBL TMCs at LGA I rode in 2009 and once in 2010 I think.

Me and a few friends decided to hit Coney this evening. Checked out the new rides, they seemed pretty good. The beach was live with so much butt as far as the eye can see. The breeze and water definitly cooled us off. Didn't swim, just went in deep enough for the water to reach my kness.

People are too dumb to read comic books. All they know is Batman, Superman, Spiderman, and Wolverine. That's why they keep making sequels. Studios go for the easy money.

The Wolverine movie didn't do all that well compared to the other X-Men movies, but what about the other ones now like Ironman, Hulk, Thor and later Captain America? At least this decade there's something other than just the main DC comics heroes.

Plus who would want to spend so much for all the comics per 'hero'? Anyone can just read it off of wiki these days. At least if I'm going to spend money to watch something, it'd better be worth it and something I know I'll like.

My phone is starting to sweat...no bueno :(

Ugh...Fresh Pond. Sorry but hands down they're the worst depot out of the entire Brooklyn Division. They don't even deserve the RTS' they have now.

Your mother :P

Turtle's gonna flip on you! XD.

Even tho its my home depot, the maintenance is shit... some of the older 8xxx Nova's are reminding me of the 94 PBL TMCs at LGA I rode in 2009 and once in 2010 I think.

Lol naw I'm not gonna flip...I already know they're not the best but look what they're working with. I'm just gonna leave it at that before this turns into another bus flame war :)

why did fresh pond get rid of thier 5xxx and 4xxx novas. why were they so rare

They never had any 4xxx Novas. The only ones they had was 5045-5074 and that was delivered to the Pond brand new

Gotta try this ride. It's one of the new thrillers located in Luna Park, Coney. I heard you lift off around 145 mph.

If this was at a typical theme park, i'd skip it mainly because they charge extra on top of you paying for the park entrance...

But i never liked the sling shot type rides. I'm more a coaster type.

If this was at a typical theme park, i'd skip it mainly because they charge extra on top of you paying for the park entrance...

But i never liked the sling shot type rides. I'm more a coaster type.

Kudos to you. I never had the balls to ride the big guy rollercoasters like the Cyclone even thou it's pretty much the same as the Sling Shot. But true, I heard the ride is $20. Add just a few more bucks and I can get me a good-looking American Eagle shirt. Yea, I'm cheap.