Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You want one of THOSE? Well, you'd have to tell everyone you fancied that stuff sometime B):P

Um, no...but I do know some girls who fancy some of that stuff B)

FG would not step foot in an R32 lol.

LOL

LOL.. Lunch was hilarious today. I decided to try out this Spanish place in Grand Central since it is Restaurant Week and it was also quite hot out to avoid the trekk down to Whole Foods. I finish up my tapas (croquettes w/Manchego cheese, a piece of a Spanish tortilla and a slice of pan con tomate) and then I start on the main course (grilled seabass). I go to cut the fish and the damn knife literally broke in half. LOL I was so embarassed, as this is a upscale place frequented mainly by business snob types, but at the same time I was laughing my @ss off. I think it was some cheap Chinese knife which explains why it broke in half. The waiter and I were chuckling. He said he had never seen that happen before and then asked if I wanted another knife, to which I responded "NO". LOL

I wanted to blame it on having too many glasses of Brut Cava, but I only had two glasses of wine, so there was no excuse other than it was a cheap knife. I was thinking sh*t I don't want to break another knife and either cut myself up or even worse be banned from the place for breaking all of the utensils. :P

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Finally got a summer thing goin' on. Also, I don't suck at chess anymore :cool:

Won three games today. The third victory was the sweetest. I had been careless and lost a lot of pieces, but I was holding my own. My opponent and I were basically two-way trapping each other. But before he could finish me off, I managed to get my pawn all the way to the end of the board and trade up for a Rook. Before too long, it was my King + Rook against the other guy's King.

I learned about a move called the En Passant. Also, I'm pretty glad there were so many people playing chess. Even people you wouldn't first expect to know the game knew how to play it well.

My friend curb-stomped me at chess way back, I have to meet up with her again and return the favor :P

Also, for a supposedly uber-hot day, it didn't really feel all that different from other hot days.

Had to unload a truck today in this 90+ degree weather. And it decided to come 5 in the afternoon (it usually comes at like 9:30 pm). Also had to work in the basement for a good 2 hours and it was damn near 120 degrees in there. So as a relief, I locked myself in the walk-in freezer a few times today where it was about -20

Finally got a summer thing goin' on. Also, I don't suck at chess anymore :cool:

Won three games today. The third victory was the sweetest. I had been careless and lost a lot of pieces, but I was holding my own. My opponent and I were basically two-way trapping each other. But before he could finish me off, I managed to get my pawn all the way to the end of the board and trade up for a Rook. Before too long, it was my King + Rook against the other guy's King.

I learned about a move called the En Passant. Also, I'm pretty glad there were so many people playing chess. Even people you wouldn't first expect to know the game knew how to play it well.

My friend curb-stomped me at chess way back, I have to meet up with her again and return the favor B)

Also, for a supposedly uber-hot day, it didn't really feel all that different from other hot days.

I haven't used that move in years...its gotten to the point where I forgot how to do it lol