Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I'm going to need a new hard drive before the end of the summer with all of this stuff that I legally acquired over the past day and a half. Billboard Top 100 from 1980 all the way to 1999 = 1,980 songs. Of course, I scoured the late '90s folders and deleted any mention of any boy bands and any songs I already had. I had an older cousin who loved them, too, and it annoyed me whenever the family went to her mom's house and she just had their posters all over the wall.

OK so I've been looking for a job this summer since my original summer job at SYEP fell through. So I've been applying for cashier/sales jobs to every store imaginable, and on the online application to one store they gave me this question:

28. You receive a phone call from a frequent customer who wants to purchase a specific item as a holiday present for her daughter. You learn her daughter is in the hospital and the mother cannot pick up the item from your store. The daughter has been wanting this item for months. It is the evening before the holiday, what will you do?

WTF?!? Why is this a question?? When the hell does this ever happen? Are you kidding me?!

For anyone that cares:

If you use a laptop and hate stuff getting under the keys, place a saran wrap over the keyboard and that should do the trick. After maybe a couple of months just throw it out and put on a new one. Cheap and simple :P

For winter, if anyone gets their papers delievered to their homes and it comes in the plastic bags: they make excellent insulators if you don't have gloves with you. Works so well, you might have to take them off because of the lack of air.

Just passing along some helpful tips.

For anyone that cares:

If you use a laptop and hate stuff getting under the keys, place a saran wrap over the keyboard and that should do the trick. After maybe a couple of months just throw it out and put on a new one. Cheap and simple ;)

For winter, if anyone gets their papers delievered to their homes and it comes in the plastic bags: they make excellent insulators if you don't have gloves with you. Works so well, you might have to take them off because of the lack of air.

Just passing along some helpful tips.

Did youever think of heat shrinking the saran wrap? Added water protection :P

Guest lance25
Never thought looking for a job would be this hard..:confused:

Blame it on the economy.

Now that just reminded me of that song by Jamie Foxx and T-Pain - "Blame It".