Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My day was freaking terrible. As I emerge out of the subway station, some random fat dude comes up behind me, grabs me in a headlock, punches me right in the face, and steals my iPod.

Great neighborhood I live in :tup:

damn, that's terrible. May I ask what station this was?

=

On a different note:

Thursday, I went to Luna Park and bought a 4 hr pass. Place wasn't that bad, but wasn't that great. The flume, elctro disk, Bk Flyer, Air Race, and the 'pendulum swinger' were my favs. Tickler was just terrible, too rough - may as well call it the pummeler.

The Pendulum and air race are both rides that made me a bit 'sick'. It also didn't help that I didn't have much to eat since I went to the dentist and had to wait a couple of hours till I could eat. Normally if i had a full stomach, I probably could've rode both 'all day'. Air race though, i had my hands on my pockets cuz I was worried my stuff was gonna fly out.

Screamscape has at least 3 rides that i liked, but it's stupid they only have 'credits' and no 4-hr passes like luna park. It's the same company, why charge 2 different prices? I really wanted to try out the soarin eagle, but it isn't worth $7. I can go to Busch Gardens for a far better rides and ride as much as I want.

I got an M3 out of Penn for the first time in almost a decade, and this time I actually remember what I rode. For whatever reason, after Woodside, all the signals were either Caution or Stop and Proceed and it seemed to take half an hour to get to Jamaica. The engineer got impatient after two minutes at Jamaica because there was only one conductor collecting fares and he kept looking back for her for a good three minutes. He also kept his door open most of the ride.

And when I was on the PATH back to Manhattan, the conductor apparently hated the "Stand clear of the closing doors" announcement (which I do as well) and kept skipping over it, or even skipping announcements altogether if no one was on the platform.

Demographics have always interested me. The official US Census results have been released for NY.

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/popmap/

All you have to do is click on the tab you are interested (Total Population, Race, Ethnicity, Age/Sex, and Housing Status). Then, zoom down to the level you want (e.g. census tract, block group, block, etc).

My block group's demographics are as follows:

80.90% White

3.25% Black or African American

9.92% Asian

3.71% Some Other Race

2.71% Two Or More Races

14.54% of the residents of my block group were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

Guest lance25
I am go maek excleusev R38 (9) trai in open bve

Allyn65, is that you? B)

@jimmy7train: Who made that contraption, Apple? Does it connect to my iPod? :P

so Jersey Shore Season 4 is premiering tonight at 10 on MTV and knowing people they love making facebook status updates every time that retarded show is on so I'm staying far away from facebook starting tonight till tomorrow so I won't have to read any stupid JS4 status updates.

so Jersey Shore Season 4 is premiering tonight at 10 on MTV and knowing people they love making facebook status updates every time that retarded show is on so I'm staying far away from facebook starting tonight till tomorrow so I won't have to read any stupid JS4 status updates.

snookilaugh.gif

I forgot all about it, I need to DVR it.