Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's confirmed that missed the friggin' (MTA) board hearing yesterday. :mad: All of that reminding and such went all to waste... Well I was too busy anyway... Besides Walder is leaving so I doubt much will get done until his replacement is found.... In the meantime I'll prepare for the next one... :(

In the Daily news newspaper, in the comic strip "Dilbert" how come Dilberts tie always stays up? I wonder why? My favorite comic strip in that paper is "pearls before swine"

Yeah, i'm loving pearls now, but I miss Sherman's lagoon. I was pissed off that they dropped that one [i think back in Feb 2010]. There were a few other strips, but that one was probably at the top of the ones i miss the most.

Well it's confirmed that missed the friggin' (MTA) board hearing yesterday. :mad: All of that reminding and such went all to waste... Well I was too busy anyway... Besides Walder is leaving so I doubt much will get done until his replacement is found.... In the meantime I'll prepare for the next one... :(

As Homer Simpson would say, "D'oh!"

Ah well, there's always the next time. (In the meantime, I'll keep on calling a certain somebody. It would be amazing if she extended the S93 just to shut me up. :cool: )

Yeah, i'm loving pearls now, but I miss Sherman's lagoon. I was pissed off that they dropped that one [i think back in Feb 2010]. There were a few other strips, but that one was probably at the top of the ones i miss the most.

Kil Zeba! we mus have heem for dinaa lol nothing like a little humor from the crocs. The crocs are my favorite characters from "pearls" I remember Sherman's lagoon. I also miss "beatle bailey"

THe crocs are funny, the 'revolting' joke was great. Also loved when the elephant cop accidentally fired his gun: "19, no 18 crocs" - hilarious!

Bailey was a classic, but more or less they recycled the same stuff and it just got old.

=

ALso week late, but anyone see the CHarlie sheen roast on comedy central last week? Good stuff. 2 and a half men does suck without him. Funniest part of the show was everyone ripping each other.

THe crocs are funny, the 'revolting' joke was great. Also loved when the elephant cop accidentally fired his gun: "19, no 18 crocs" - hilarious!

Bailey was a classic, but more or less they recycled the same stuff and it just got old.

=

ALso week late, but anyone see the CHarlie sheen roast on comedy central last week? Good stuff. 2 and a half men does suck without him. Funniest part of the show was everyone ripping each other.

Yeah I don't know how the elephant cop got his badge. He is clearly unfit for his job. One of my favorite parts was when Melvin the croc had the bomb strapped on to him and when it blew up he fell into the prison Stephan was being held at and Stephan ran out of there. He was there because the government felt that he was trying to go against them. Don't ever hire Rat as your lawyer lol. No I didn't see the Charlie Sheen roast but I did see the comedy central special: Jeff Dunham controlled chaos. The whole thing was hilarious.

The old PowerPC iMac I had from July 2005* to August 2011 and Intel iMac from August 2011 to today makes me very happy that I don't have that bull rubbish called a Dell PC again.

*Mom owned it for two years prior to July 2005, but used it sparingly, so when my Dell went kaput, she gave it to me.

That's why I don't buy HP laptops anymore. HP desktops are far better.

Invest in an external HDD and save your stuff before the rest of the laptop derps.

That failure was on NVidia's part. Faulty graphics card.

http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/pdfs/NVF_NOT.pdf

The HDD is really paying off. Now my main concern is:

Where the #2 has all my RAM gone? On top of that, my CPU usage has shot up 75%. Maybe I should build a desktop.

What do you mean "where has it gone"?

The old PowerPC iMac I had from July 2005* to August 2011 and Intel iMac from August 2011 to today makes me very happy that I don't have that bull rubbish called a Dell PC again.

*Mom owned it for two years prior to July 2005, but used it sparingly, so when my Dell went kaput, she gave it to me.

Dell is rubbish. Buy HP :)

I'm in a very shocked mood right now.

Aside from here, I go to the Sonic Stadium Message Board. Like here, we're a very close, tightly knit Sonic fan-community where we converse, deal with issues, and talk about everything Sonic.

Well, we just found out that one of our most prominent and well-known members, Modern Daz, has been diagnosed with stomach cancer. I don't know the stage, and I don't know him that well, but it shocked me, especially since the dude's a great contributor and a great person to talk to.

Get better soon, Daz!

That's why I don't buy HP laptops anymore. HP desktops are far better.

Invest in an external HDD and save your stuff before the rest of the laptop derps.

Funny you should mention HP laptops. Mine is running pretty slow as crap now. THe only comfort I have is most of my important stuff is on an external HD, so it's not like I'm gonna lose much on the laptop.

Generally what's a good 'life' out of a laptop? 4-5 yrs? I think mine is 2-3 years now.

I have an old 8600 dell inspiron laptop [slow as hell now - i think got that in 2004], but still works to this day and I never had any problems with it. THis HP laptop had some power issues where it would just shut down randomly and I had to send it out before the warranty expired. but at least the HP laptop has been fine ever since then.