Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LMAO.... No comment "young man"...

Uh... ¿¿Qué?? :confused: The only "Drake" I know is Drakes the food company that sold snacks years ago. I don't know if they still do since I don't eat that stuff.

3195_drake-grammy.jpg

You're joking right? You don't even need to listen to music to have heard about him.

No, I'm serious. Never saw the guy before. You're joking if you seriously think everyone has heard of this guy. What's so spectacular about him anyway?? :confused:

One of the most talked about rapper/hip hop artist these days. I'm not crazy on music, but there are a few of his songs that I like in which I think are pretty deep compared to many of the new songs from current big time artist.

One of the most talked about rapper/hip hop artist these days. I'm not crazy on music, but there are a few of his songs that I like in which I think are pretty deep compared to many of the new songs from current big time artist.

lol... Well that explains it. I don't listen to hip hop/rap music. That's like expecting me to know country singers when I listen to mainly heavy metal. LOL \m/ :rock:

With how horrid music is, we'd all be better off not knowing about Drake. "Last name ever, first name greatest" has to be one of the corniest lines I've ever heard.

This :tup:

---------

I don't know much about music of today nor do I care, but music from 60's 70's and 80's are my favorites. They have that "feel" of good music that I just don't "feel" from music of today.... Most people my age would usually question my choice of music because It's not today's music. I tell them I much prefer music from back then. It's sad when the youth of today won't try to listen to the oldies. I only know two other people my age who likes oldies like I do.... This is just my opinion on the subject.

This :tup:

---------

I don't know much about music of today nor do I care, but music from 60's 70's and 80's are my favorites. They have that "feel" of good music that I just don't "feel" from music of today.... Most people my age would usually question my choice of music because It's not today's music. I tell them I much prefer music from back then. It's sad when the youth of today won't try to listen to the oldies. I only know two other people my age who likes oldies like I do.... This is just my opinion on the subject.

Please don't even go there. If you were to look at my playlist you'd see I have songs dating back to the '70s. I'd listen to anything 'n everything, as long as it sounds good. :cool:

I need new friends...a majority of my current friends, or should I say "friends", suck. Too much nonsense left and right that I don't need to be around. They keep advocating change yet they're the ones part of the problem. Not to mention making New Years Resolutions and breaking them three days afterwards. People can be full of shit, I swear. I'm at the point I really need to cut down who I talk to and who I hang out with. The less people in my circle, the better.

Please don't even go there. If you were to look at my playlist you'd see I have songs dating back to the '70s. I'd listen to anything 'n everything, as long as it sounds good. :cool:

No worries, that was a general statement about people around our age who won't give the oldies a chance and wasn't in anyway an attack towards you. I respect the fact that you listen to the oldies as well :cool: Hmm I'm interested in your playlist. What's in your playlist bro?

No worries, that was a general statement about people around our age who won't give the oldies a chance and wasn't in anyway an attack towards you. I respect the fact that you listen to the oldies as well :cool: Hmm I'm interested in your playlist. What's in your playlist bro?

Gotcha :P

Pre 2000 songs. Most you probably wouldn't considered oldies thou.

"Oh What A Night" 1975 The Four Seasons

"Lovely Day" 1977 Bill Withers

"I Would Die 4 You" 1984 Prince

"Time After Time" 1984 Cyndi Lauper

"This Is How We Do It" 1995 Montell Jordan

"Ambitionz Az A Rider" Tupac

"I Get Around" Tupac

"I'm A Scatman" 1995 Scatman

"Just A Small Town Girl" 1981

I have a few more but nothing significant.

I need new friends...a majority of my current friends, or should I say "friends", suck. Too much nonsense left and right that I don't need to be around. They keep advocating change yet they're the ones part of the problem. Not to mention making New Years Resolutions and breaking them three days afterwards. People can be full of shit, I swear. I'm at the point I really need to cut down who I talk to and who I hang out with. The less people in my circle, the better.

LOL... Hey less is the new black. :P

"I Get Around" Tupac

The songs I bolded are on my playlist too. :cool: I consider anything from the 60's 70's and 80's oldies. Although, the 90's are becoming oldies too in my opinion.

Examples of my playlist are as follows:

"Waiting for a girl like you" -Foreigner 1981

"Keep on loving you" -REO Speedwagon 1980

"If you leave me now" -Chicago 1976

"California dreaming" -The Mamas and Papas 1965

"Miracles"- Jefferson Starship 1975

"Open arms" -Journey 1982

"Never knew love like this before" -Stephanie Mills 1979

"Big Log" -Robert Plant 1983

"Into the night"- Benny Mardones 1980

"When doves cry and Purple rain" - Prince 1984

LOL... Hey less is the new black. :P

LMAO! It's so true.

But really though I've just about had it...I'm sure you went through that stage in your life when you've decided to drop people like a bad habit. If they're weighing you down and preventing you from making progress then what's the point of keeping them around? In the hope that things work?

I turned my Facebook page off at the moment until further notice because I don't feel like hearing stories about who has issues with who. I could really give a rats ass less. I'm starting to have trust issues all over again with certain people and I'm not putting up with it anymore so time to cut people loose.

"I Get Around" Tupac

Really? You have Journey in your playlist?

Ah just teasing. At my job in SI they were playing classic rock songs from the 1970s and 80s a few months ago, songs from Billy Squier, Cold War Kids, the Ramones, Guns N Roses...I could go on. They need to go back to that cuz right now the current playlist sucks.

Two stupid kids were riding their bicycles in the middle of the street, and almost went right into the oncoming traffic. The next thing one of the kids did was ride by me and slap me in the head (twice). I could've chased him down and beat him to a pulp, but I didn't want to miss the bus (turned out the bus just went MIA).

I should've stuck my arm out and pushed him into the fence as he rode by (I wouldn't push him into the street. I don't want to get charged with manslaughter), but I missed my chance. :)

Damn that sucks...I remember two years ago I was skateboarding in my area and these two kids tried to hit me with a basketball. I was going fast enough so it missed me, but if I caught it, they'd never see it again.

You get out on that board. Can't believe you skated the whole (G) shuttle that day, both ways and that quick.