Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

I guess probably best not to say anything about it as it is technically tresspassing if the MTA still owns it. *I think.

today, spent the day in Queens to test out a camera that had some issues lately. Went from the (A) to the (J) to (L) to (M). basically southern queens and northern Brooklyn Used the Q53 to get b/w the lines on Woodhaven Blvd and finally got to ride an ex-BL O5 on the Q53.

At Howard beach, I snapped a shot of the turnstiles at the PA side and one worker there said 'no pictures'. I didn't feel like arguing and just walked by without trying to provoke them. But just to show how paranoid the PA is. smh.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess probably best not to say anything about it as it is technically tresspassing if the MTA still owns it. *I think.

today, spent the day in Queens to test out a camera that had some issues lately. Went from the (A) to the (J) to (L) to (M). basically southern queens and northern Brooklyn Used the Q53 to get b/w the lines on Woodhaven Blvd and finally got to ride an ex-BL O5 on the Q53.

At Howard beach, I snapped a shot of the turnstiles at the PA side and one worker there said 'no pictures'. I didn't feel like arguing and just walked by without trying to provoke them. But just to show how paranoid the PA is. smh.

I was out in the rockaways the saturday before last... after taking the Q35, I was gonna take the 53, but I had just missed a nexgen hybrid & a remaining ex-BL was @ the terminal... so I stopped at the chinese food store on B 116th (plus I was hungry at the time anyway)...

after I got my order, I just went ahead & took the Q22 that was a handful of blocks away.....

Long story short, it's gotten to the point where I avoid taking the ex BL's if I don't have first dibs on the back seating....

Lol...you like the back seats too?

I've recently got accustomed to sitting in the back seats on the Orion 5s in SI. I used to sit in the front where the door is because I wiuld aleays lean my head against the plexiglass window and take a nap. The only time I sit in the front is if the back seats are taken or my B/O friend is driving, so I stay in the front and talk with them. On the low floors, I always sit in the back. I rarely sit in the front unless my B/O friend is driving, which I usually stand next to them and talk.

While I don't like the Next Gen Hybrids I do like the fact that my feet sorta dangle when I sit in the back seats on the high part of the bus facing forward because the seats are extra high off the ground. On the Original Orion 7s as well as the Third Gens, my feet meet the ground evenly and don't dangle.

I took a seat at the back of the O5 mainly since I knew it was going to get crowded and I wanted as few ppl around me so I could get a few vids of the engine sounds. Otherwise I wouldn't have had a problem with the middle of the bus.

@ GC I highly doubt some thing would become of it thou.

Love that trestle over Park Lane South thou. Would be a nice spot to roll up if I did smoke.

Photos to come soon...

Oh I wasn't worried about the worker, plus I think I saw a guy in a military uniform there and he didn't say anything. I just snapped one pick and stopped. They can't do anything if I don't provoke them.

Lol...you like the back seats too?

I've recently got accustomed to sitting in the back seats on the Orion 5s in SI. I used to sit in the front where the door is because I wiuld aleays lean my head against the plexiglass window and take a nap. The only time I sit in the front is if the back seats are taken or my B/O friend is driving, so I stay in the front and talk with them. On the low floors, I always sit in the back. I rarely sit in the front unless my B/O friend is driving, which I usually stand next to them and talk.

While I don't like the Next Gen Hybrids I do like the fact that my feet sorta dangle when I sit in the back seats on the high part of the bus facing forward because the seats are extra high off the ground. On the Original Orion 7s as well as the Third Gens, my feet meet the ground evenly and don't dangle.

Yup, shoal do !

I'm simply too tall to sit in the front.... guaranteed someone's gonna end up bumping into my leg after paying their fare & what not, so I make my way to the back.... I don't tend to sit in the middle seats (paired or singular) b/c I can't fit into them comfortably... Bad enough just about everytime I get up, you hear crackling bones... lol.... Only time I'll sit in those suckers is if the bus is jammed, and I get lucky enough to catch a seat upon someone having occupied that seat about to get off.....

the back most seating is where I can comfortably sit down, & doze off if I'm tired enough.... only thing that kinda sucks is that you have the USA flag on either side that impedes your view as you're lookin out the window.....

yep, the little things you'll hardly hear anyone talk about (but, do), I have no problem posting about it :cool:

Whether I'm on an Orion 5 or Orion 7, there's this bump on Hylan Boulevard one stop before Bay Terrace heading to Brooklyn...if you're going fast enough and you're sitting in the back you'll go flying. Hell, I was on a NG on the S79 and since my friend was driving, I stood in the front. When we hit that bump, my head almost touched the ceiling.

Why pay a crapload of money at Six Flags when you can just hop on an MTA bus for $2.25 and take a flying course? :(

yep, the little things you'll hardly hear anyone talk about (but, do), I have no problem posting about it :cool:

LOL... Yeah I'm the same way... I have no problem talking about dirty buses and folks stinking on the bus. Some folks don't like mentioning it but it grosses me out since I'm a bit of a germ phobe. As for those flags, I agree that they are rather annoying. They should find a better spot for those flags so that they're not blocking any views from the window.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8
Typo

Whether I'm on an Orion 5 or Orion 7, there's this bump on Hylan Boulevard one stop before Bay Terrace heading to Brooklyn...if you're going fast enough and you're sitting in the back you'll go flying. Hell, I was on a NG on the S79 and since my friend was driving, I stood in the front. When we hit that bump, my head almost touched the ceiling.

Why pay a crapload of money at Six Flags when you can just hop on an MTA bus for $2.25 and take a flying course? :(

Lol! I was thinking the same thing after my bus hit a bump and caused me to fly off a few inches off the seat.

I'm surprised anyone can nap on a bus especially if it goes over bumpy roads.

hey, when you're tired enough, you aint thinkin about the road conditions along w/e route you're (traveling) on..... lol....

I know exactly what bump you're talking about.... there's a series of grossly uneven patches along hylan around bay terrace, but that one in particular... smh.... and the (local) b/o's don't slow down upon approaching it either..... you even feel it while on the (MTA's) expresses.... the x24 though, not so much...

LOL... Yeah I'm the same way... I have no problem talking about dirty buses and folks stinking on the bus. Some folks don't like mentioning it but it grosses me out since I'm a bit of a germ phobe. As for those flags, I agree that they are rather annoying. They should find a better spot for those flags so that they're not blocking any views from the window.

A dirty bus is a dirty fu**in bus; that I have zero problem bringing up....

Not one of these ppl. that wanna pretend like our buses (and trains) aren't "that" dirty..... they are only lyin to themselves.....

I'm far from a germaphobe, but nasty is nasty no matter how you slice it.....

The flags, yep... thing is though, where else can they be put....

I know exactly what bump you're talking about.... there's a series of grossly uneven patches along hylan around bay terrace, but that one in particular... smh.... and the (local) b/o's don't slow down upon approaching it either..... you even feel it while on the (MTA's) expresses.... the x24 though, not so much...

lol... Sometimes I wonder what in the world those B/Os are sitting in. You'll be almost flying out of your seat hitting the potholes and they're flying down the street like everything is peachy creamie. Must be the seat belts that keep them in place.

A dirty bus is a dirty fu**in bus; that I have zero problem bringing up....

Not one of these ppl. that wanna pretend like our buses (and trains) aren't "that" dirty..... they are only lyin to themselves.....

I'm far from a germaphobe, but nasty is nasty no matter how you slice it.....

The flags, yep... thing is though, where else can they be put....

lol... Some folks don't like hearing the truth... As for the flags, I thought about that myself. They could just have one of them and maybe place it on the back on the bus somewhere and make it a bit smaller.

Nooo! That's even worse than the split screen. Damn starz, damn them! I know which channels I'm not keeping for the future.

IMG_1266.jpg

Courtesy of ti-triodes & mike1977 (previous pic) from AVS Forum. That was from 2010, but the ad banners now are... bland. It's just like the black infobox that appears on the ending credits, but still intrusive.

Guest lance25

Don't let it be a free preview weekend. Every ten minutes or so, they feel the need to remind you of this "factoid", as if you weren't aware of that when you turned to that channel and it didn't say something along the lines of "you don't have this channel". How about letting us know when you're not showing 2012 for the 18,000th time this month. Now that would be useful.