Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol @ the eBay pic.

Got some 35mm photos out the way today, mainly for a project I have for my photography class, but I also got some bus photos in too for my own collection. I developed the negatives, which came out great so hopefully the same goes for the photos when I develop them.

Hem, i should get around to scanning the images I took for my photo class if I ever remember. Self editing ftw, better than the P&S, imo.

Yeah if you find them post them up. I'd like to take a look at them.

I got the top rated comment of a 50 Cent song, about a month ago a story was in the news where this kid that was being bullied stabbed and killed the kid that was bullying him. I sort of made a joke about it in the comments section of this YT video and got the top rated comment!

Second time this has happened to me, first time was about Lebron James having the song "Hate me now" as his ringtone on a Nas video lol.

nql1k.jpg

I looked at an application for a summer internship in the medical field, and when they asked for race/ethnicity, they had the following options:

* Hispanic

* African-American

* Non-Indian Subcontinent Asian

* Native American

I was thinking "Hold on. Where's the space for Whites and Indians?". That's just plain discriminatory. :tdown:

I mean, I just put down Hispanic, and that can easily be verified, but still. I guess theoretically, somebody could put down Native American or Hispanic because it's possible to have a small amount of Native American blood and not be distinguishable from another White person, and I've seen Hispanics as light as any White person, but it shouldn't have to come down to that.

I mean, I could sort of understand giving those other groups priority, but Whites and Indians shouldn't be excluded just for their background.

Lesson of the day: if you're an off-duty RR employee, don't try to start shit with a passenger while wearing your ID card face-out.

;)

If your off duty, put your ID in your wallet. Even better, don't ride the train while off duty.

I looked at an application for a summer internship in the medical field, and when they asked for race/ethnicity, they had the following options:

* Hispanic

* African-American

* Non-Indian Subcontinent Asian

* Native American

I was thinking "Hold on. Where's the space for Whites and Indians?". That's just plain discriminatory. :tdown:

I mean, I just put down Hispanic, and that can easily be verified, but still. I guess theoretically, somebody could put down Native American or Hispanic because it's possible to have a small amount of Native American blood and not be distinguishable from another White person, and I've seen Hispanics as light as any White person, but it shouldn't have to come down to that.

I mean, I could sort of understand giving those other groups priority, but Whites and Indians shouldn't be excluded just for their background.

Maybe they forgot to put it? But I highly doubt that's the case..... I'm latino and partly Native American but people at times confused me for a white or italian person due to me being rather light-skinned. As far as I'm concerned about that application, that is discriminatory.