Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I currently have the DSL internet service. Speed is decent but I'm willing to try FIOS. That was the few things that I liked about Direct TV. The HD channels looked pretty good. Some even better than Cable. About that dish, The Direct TV guys did the same thing to me. I called about it and the response was "your landlord doesn't want to many dishes" I was upset. They eventually came with another dish for me after I told them constantly to get me my own dish. I really can't wait for FIOS though... You got to be careful on that roof bro.

Oh I know... I went up the little ladder fine although I was thinking hmm this ladder shakes a bit (nothing out of the norm but basically we were screwed if something happened to that ladder) and it wasn't until I got on the roof and saw how high up I was and how squishy the roof material felt (I don't like feeling like what I'm standing on isn't stable, but that's how the roof should feel) that I started thinking sh*t what if the damn ladder gives way because we had to go down the ladder in an awkward position so I had to sit there for a minute. The Direct TV (Dominican guy) was like what's wrong? You afraid of heights papi? Then he starts going up and down the ladder talking to me in Spanish and such and I'm like dude don't bother doing that. It just irritated me more seeing the ladder shaking and me being 6'4" and thinking about that thing giving way as I try to go down it, but after a few minutes I'm like f*ck it, I gotta be somewhere and I can't miss my express bus so I got on that ladder with it vibrating or whatever from me and the wind and came down. :lol: Seriously though construction is so shabby these days and done by folks who have no experience with construction that you really can't assume that everything is okay. That was my main gripe, not the whole heights thing.

As for DSL, it isn't terrible, but FiOS is like in a class of its own, so going back to DSL is like a kick in the face. I actually inquired about getting a 4G air card for my two laptops because I'm just not used to this speed.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

"Five times faster than Verizon's High Speed 3MBps internet."

Dumbasses at CV: Basic FiOS is 25/25. 25 MPBs is over 8 times as fast as what I can get... on a good day. The Optimum app is unstable and crashes half the time, the "original" channels suck, and Madison Square Garden's teams suck.

If I ever have to be around to watch them remove the boxes from my home, I'll just tell them "my parents can't afford it anymore."

Edited by Joel Up Front

"Five times faster than Verizon's High Speed 3MBps internet."

Dumbasses at CV: Basic FiOS is 25/25. 25 MPBs is over 8 times as fast as what I can get... on a good day. The Optimum app is unstable and crashes half the time, the "original" channels suck, and Madison Square Garden's teams suck.

If I ever have to be around to watch them remove the boxes from my home, I'll just tell them "my parents can't afford it anymore."

It's the same shyt for Time Warner Cable as well.

The only pro I can think of for Optimum is their "exclusive" offers. All you have to do is spook them and they'll convince you to stay with their shytty service. The exclusive 2-year deal that my mom accepted expires this October, and instead of paying the regular price, $25 more is discounted from the monthly bill which is really neat imo.

Their commercials are awful to be honest... paid actors "claiming" that they're "in love" with Cablevision's "high quality" services... smh.

The only pro I can think of for Optimum is their "exclusive" offers. All you have to do is spook them and they'll convince you to stay with their shytty service. The exclusive 2-year deal that my mom accepted expires this October, and instead of paying the regular price, $25 more is discounted from the monthly bill which is really neat imo.

Their commercials are awful to be honest... paid actors "claiming" that they're "in love" with Cablevision's "high quality" services... smh.

:lol:

I'm overall happy with Direct TV. I would just prefer faster Internet, and with no FiOS around, my only option would be a 4G data card, which would be comparable to the FiOS internet speed I had. <_<

On top of them giving out ishtty speeds, they dare throttle my Internet during peak hours... just tried to play MW3 and joined one lobby. Two seconds in, I just slow down and then start slingshotting over the place and then stop. When the game catches up, I'm already dead.

Guest Lance

I don't think it has to do with HD, but rather original aspect ratio. Either that or CineMax is taking the same approach some local and lower-tier cable stations are doing now and taking the HD feed and simply down-converted that to standard def to save a buck. Yeah, it's probably the latter.

Today I finally rode a M3A on Metro North, with that, I can say that been on every single railcar the MTA operates at least once! :D

But it wasn't easy though, those mostly run during rush hours so I had to go out of my way to find one, venturing around GCT on Both levels checking for Harlem line trains to see if they was M3s, this song was mind in my mind the whole time....

Utopia-An imaginary and indefinitely remote place. Why is this word, the word for ideal soceity? Why not create a new word for it? Why this word? Is this supposed to be some indication, that this is what we all want? That we want to be isolated, in our minds no less? Do we all want to be away? Away from the world? Or is the one thing we want to escape our mind? Our mind. The infinite tool. The center of the universe. The basic function of life. Are we just trying to escape this? Are we trying to escape out thoughts? Have we even been in there, and see what our thoughts truly are? There are so many things, that the brain can handle. Can know. Maybe just too many. When you start to overthink. When you start to know. When you start to really know. When you really start to know the in and outs of soceity. The in and outs of our universe. The ina ndo outs of life. Then when you think about it. You overthink. You overknow. Too much. You can't handle it any more, knowing these things. The problems overcome you. You continue to think, which will always lead to overthinking. You know. And you want other people too also. But that is not how it works. That what makes you overthink even more. The fact that well over 90% of soceity, will never know what you know. You want to tell them in some way. But you can't force them too. You just have to live with this fact. Which is unbearable. You want them to know. So they can prevent it. You keep thinking of some way, legal or not. But then you realize, this has already been told. It was just disregarded. So then, you turn and watch the countdown clock, knowing what will happen when it hits 0. On the way to graduation, we all die.

wow... So what's included in Obama's new health care bill? Every citizen is required to have RFID chips implanted in them. IBM even has a few commercials of this on YouTube (don't think it has officially aired thou).

There goes our 'freedom'...

Edited by Jamaica Line

I'm feeling a little bit mixed about iO now. The new Samsung HD digital box is a hell lot better than I thought. The HD channels are sharp-looking (little pixelation, but better than the Scientific HD box) and is on par with the HD DVR. Two issues; it freezes too much if i use the menu/options and it takes forever to change a channel. <_<

Also, all of a sudden, they started offering 3 new packages (just found out about it recently... lol): iO Economy, iO Value, and iO Preferred, while altering the iO Gold and Silver packages. My mom will downgrade to Economy b/c I don't give a hoot about most of the channels at all. That's a $20-25 difference, and it's worth it.