Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shit just keeps getting more ridiculous. One of the librarians is in such a hurry to get out that she insists that the computers be turned off before the end of the period, so she can leave as soon as the bell rings. The period ends at 2:47, and knowing these teachers' contracts, I guarantee you she's getting paid until 3PM.

The day before, she keeps whining about "The computers should all be shut off 15 minutes before the library closes, like they do in the colleges". (Never mind the fact that these college libraries are open until like midnight, whereas our HS library closes before 3PM) Then she keeps telling everybody to get off, and when there's like two minutes left in the period, she says "I want them off in two minutes". And then she starts telling the other librarian "They're not getting off. I'm going to make get off 15 minutes before the end". Like, damn 2 minutes means 2 minutes, not 2 seconds. -_-

So then on Friday, when the other librarian is somewhere else, she's like "I want you all off at 2:40, so I can have my coat on and just leave when the bell rings". And she's going to pull the plug at 2:40. Like, idiot, don't you realize these computers have to be shut down individually? If you pull the plug every day, you're going to damage the things. We'll see what she does next week. -_- And if you're in such a hurry to leave, just leave and have it so the door locks behind you. (Aside from that, the other librarian usually stays for a few minutes afterwards anyway). Anybody who's the type of student to stay in the library after school isn't going to do anything stupid anyway, so we can be left alone for 2 minutes. <_<

Shit just keeps getting more ridiculous. One of the librarians is in such a hurry to get out that she insists that the computers be turned off before the end of the period, so she can leave as soon as the bell rings. The period ends at 2:47, and knowing these teachers' contracts, I guarantee you she's getting paid until 3PM.

The day before, she keeps whining about "The computers should all be shut off 15 minutes before the library closes, like they do in the colleges". (Never mind the fact that these college libraries are open until like midnight, whereas our HS library closes before 3PM) Then she keeps telling everybody to get off, and when there's like two minutes left in the period, she says "I want them off in two minutes". And then she starts telling the other librarian "They're not getting off. I'm going to make get off 15 minutes before the end". Like, damn 2 minutes means 2 minutes, not 2 seconds. -_-

So then on Friday, when the other librarian is somewhere else, she's like "I want you all off at 2:40, so I can have my coat on and just leave when the bell rings". And she's going to pull the plug at 2:40. Like, idiot, don't you realize these computers have to be shut down individually? If you pull the plug every day, you're going to damage the things. We'll see what she does next week. -_- And if you're in such a hurry to leave, just leave and have it so the door locks behind you. (Aside from that, the other librarian usually stays for a few minutes afterwards anyway). Anybody who's the type of student to stay in the library after school isn't going to do anything stupid anyway, so we can be left alone for 2 minutes. <_<

Competition is a manly trait.... Comparing yourself to one, is not........

---------------------

The rapper Snoop Lion (formerly Snoop Dogg) admitted to smoking 81 blunts a day. That's just ridiculous. :o

lmao.... That nzzzz's lungs must be black as f***...... donate it to science or somethin...

His son (the oldest one) is heading down that same path.

^ You posted the same thing twice, just saying.

lol.... That's the second time someone's done that this week..... QJT did the same thing in the Manhattan bus ideas thread....

Edited by B35 via Church

^ You posted the same thing twice, just saying.

Yeah, when I hit "Post" the first time, it didn't take, so I copied it, refreshed the page, pasted it, and then hit "Post" again. I guess I must've clicked "Ctrl + V" twice or something, which made it double post. (Or maybe even though I refreshed it, it still had the text from the first time I typed it, so I posted the same thing twice).

I'm cracking up at this comment by "Someone". (On December 2nd).

http://secondavenuesagas.com/2012/11/27/the-600-million-south-ferry-conundrum/#comment-300115

$600 million to replace the tiles at South Ferry. Yes, forget about all the structural repair work that needs to be done. They're going to blow the whole budget on replacing the tiles. :rolleyes:

This should be in the subway random thoughts thread, imo.

But yeah I was at a loss for words at how the repair is going to cost more than it did to build it. It was bad enough they built it shoddily, but now to fix it will bring up the total to $1 billion for 1 effing station [ok 2 if it counts the (R) station at Whitehall], but still. That's way too much for one area. If it has to come out of the MTA's pocket then screw the station. $400 mil the first time around was absurd that was the boondoggle already. Let it stay abandoned and use the $650 mil for other projects/services.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Yeah, for some reason, I thought it would be a better fit here, because the comment was more about the tiles being replaced than the station.

And it's stupid that they spent $530 million the first time around, and they couldn't even make it so it withstood the hurricane. Now they're spending $650 million just to rebuild it, which is what they probably would've spent if they had done it right in the first place.

I dunno, I know it isn't cheap to build a brand new station from scratch, but $400 mil is still a lot even if it had been built properly.

You know, I just realized that with that the North Shore Rail Line would cost about $400 million to build as a heavy rail line. With $530 million, you could build that whole line out to Arlington (flood-proof, of course). Ridership of the North Shore Rail Line is actually comparable to the ridership of the (1) platform at South Ferry, because the NSRR would get about 15,000 riders a day (I'm pretty sure it's actual riders, not trips made), the South Ferry station gets around 30,000, but probably over half are using the (R), because it goes to Brooklyn as well as Midtown.

I mean, of course, you have riders transferring from the (1) to the (R) to take into account, but still.

What's wrong with this picture..... Lmao...

15103135.gif

Well it has been established out of the two diners, one was a "fat girl", so by using the process of eliminaton, three soft drinks and three entrees were ordered, but one of each will remain if each guest eat/drinks one of each. Logic would dictate the "fat girl" would have eaten two TriTip sandwiches (with the fries) and two soft drinks as well (likely both Cokes).

Lastly, the party of 3 2 didn't tip.

Well it has been established out of the two diners, one was a "fat girl", so by using the process of eliminaton, three soft drinks and three entrees were ordered, but one of each will remain if each guest eat/drinks one of each. Logic would dictate the "fat girl" would have eaten two TriTip sandwiches (with the fries) and two soft drinks as well (likely both Cokes).

Lastly, the party of 3 2 didn't tip.

It was 3 girls, so that's why they had 3 sandwiches and 3 drinks.

In any case, I just found out how some people have managed to double post in the same post. Sometimes you click "Post", and the page sort of reloads, but the "Post" icon is still there. If you click it again, it'll post the message twice in the same post.

It was 3 girls, so that's why they had 3 sandwiches and 3 drinks.

In any case, I just found out how some people have managed to double post in the same post. Sometimes you click "Post", and the page sort of reloads, but the "Post" icon is still there. If you click it again, it'll post the message twice in the same post.

And where does it state that?

As for the latter, just be patient.

You know, I just realized that with that the North Shore Rail Line would cost about $400 million to build as a heavy rail line. With $530 million, you could build that whole line out to Arlington (flood-proof, of course). Ridership of the North Shore Rail Line is actually comparable to the ridership of the (1) platform at South Ferry, because the NSRR would get about 15,000 riders a day (I'm pretty sure it's actual riders, not trips made), the South Ferry station gets around 30,000, but probably over half are using the (R), because it goes to Brooklyn as well as Midtown.

I mean, of course, you have riders transferring from the (1) to the (R) to take into account, but still.

See, that's what I mean. That huge sum of money could've been better used for other projects other than to 'modernize' and make the (1) more ADA friendly. Total sham imo. But before I face Snowblock's wrath, yeah the loop was out of date and needed to go, but not for a $400 mil boondoggle.

Well in exactly 2 weeks I'll be down in South Florida AKA Gilligland, gonna catch me some of Palm Tran's new D60LFRs and the other crap they, Broward County Transit, and Miami Dade Transit have. All 3 of them have a majority Gillig/NABI fleet with NF artics, and damn I hate when transit systems get 40ft buses from NABI/Gillig and only artics from NF. Eh, at least it'll be a change from the stuff we have up here, and I'll get to enjoy the nice warm weather too!

Anyway, take a look at how weird the front of this D60LFR looks (this is what Palm Tran has, pics by Palm Beach County and not me). Still lookin' FINE though!!!! I can't wait to ride this!

pt_articulated-Bus-2.jpg

DAT SIGN

Palm-Tran-Articulated-Bus.jpg

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Well in exactly 2 weeks I'll be down in South Florida AKA Gilligland, gonna catch me some of Palm Tran's new D60LFRs and the other crap they, Broward County Transit, and Miami Dade Transit have. All 3 of them have a majority Gillig/NABI fleet with NF artics, and damn I hate when transit systems get 40ft buses from NABI/Gillig and only artics from NF. Eh, at least it'll be a change from the stuff we have up here, and I'll get to enjoy the nice warm weather too!

Anyway, take a look at how weird the front of this D60LFR looks (this is what Palm Tran has, pics by Palm Beach County and not me). Still lookin' FINE though!!!! I can't wait to ride this!

DAT SIGN

They look longer than our artics... Maybe it's because there are only two doors....