Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am i the only one who never knew that Switzerland's captial was bern and thought it was Zurich?

LOL.... Yep... :lol: That's why it's in German (Swiss German), French, Italian and the local Swiss language (Romansh).... (Bern, Berne, Berna and Berna)... Zurich oder (or) "Zürich" in German is in the Swiss German part of the country and is the largest city in Switzerland. Bern is second in population size... It's odd that Bern is the capital because Zurich stands out more for its beauty and is very wealthy as is Geneva, which is in the more French part of the country. Switzerland is one of the most expensive countries in the world to live in by far and they are consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in, as they have a very high standard of living similar to the Scandinavian countries like Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland. Bern is just sort of blah in terms of Swiss cities, but I would think that it could be the capital because it is more centralized. Similar to Madrid in Spain. Madrid is rather blah while everyone talks about Barcelona, but Madrid is the capital and is centrally located in the country. Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I lived up to the family motto yesterday of "If it isn't broken, fix it till it is." I was doing a remix that's 140BPM, while the background beat is 130BPM, and I got it synced up perfectly, but I said, "Ya know what? This transition sounds slightly off. Let me fix that." Needless to say, I did NOT end up fixing that.

LOL.... Yep... :lol: That's why it's in German (Swiss German), French, Italian and the local Swiss language (Romansh).... (Bern, Berne, Berna and Berna)... Zurich oder (or) "Zürich" in German is in the Swiss German part of the country and is the largest city in Switzerland. Bern is second in population size... It's odd that Bern is the capital because Zurich stands out more for its beauty and is very wealthy as is Geneva, which is in the more French part of the country. Switzerland is one of the most expensive countries in the world to live in by far and they are consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in, as they have a very high standard of living similar to the Scandinavian countries like Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland. Bern is just sort of blah in terms of Swiss cities, but I would think that it could be the capital because it is more centralized. Similar to Madrid in Spain. Madrid is rather blah while everyone talks about Barcelona, but Madrid is the capital and is centrally located in the country.

ha ha well i only thought it was zurich cause you hear about so much..

Well in exactly 2 weeks I'll be down in South Florida AKA Gilligland, gonna catch me some of Palm Tran's new D60LFRs and the other crap they, Broward County Transit, and Miami Dade Transit have. All 3 of them have a majority Gillig/NABI fleet with NF artics, and damn I hate when transit systems get 40ft buses from NABI/Gillig and only artics from NF. Eh, at least it'll be a change from the stuff we have up here, and I'll get to enjoy the nice warm weather too!

Anyway, take a look at how weird the front of this D60LFR looks (this is what Palm Tran has, pics by Palm Beach County and not me). Still lookin' FINE though!!!! I can't wait to ride this!

pt_articulated-Bus-2.jpg

DAT SIGN

Palm-Tran-Articulated-Bus.jpg

I see that they still have that 80's fusion scheme going on. Nice!

LOL... Tonight I saw some chick clutch her purse. I assume it was aimed at me... I had my own bags so I said to myself who is she supposed to be clutching her purse at? Before I knew it the prankster in me came out and I started acting like I had a bag on my shoulder and pretending like I was "clutching" it. I made a point to do it right in front of her and then turned around and started laughing at her to show her how stupid she looked. I could tell she felt stupid too. It's time for us men out here to start standing up to these idiotic women acting like every guy is out to rob or rape them. Whenever I do have my laptop bag when I see one of them attempting to clutch their purse I just do the exact same thing like yeah, feelings are mutual. They feel so cheap and I crack up laughing to myself. :lol:

Now that I've started to pay attention to it and have seen how they treat other guys, it's clear to me that many of them really aren't afraid at all and they just do that nonsense to call themselves being wise @sses as if to say let me show you what I think of you. It doesn't happen to me often but I have noticed it with me and other dudes (of all colors) of late and I must admit it is rather annoying. Like really they could clutch their purses to the cows came home because if a guy really wants to take their purse they'd just rip it off of their arms. That's what I find so silly about the whole thing. :lol:

How in the hell did you manage to do that?!

Ate in the QCM food court, left my backpack (with cam inside) under my seat and of course I f**king forget it. I get back there after only 5 minutes and someone took it, and security didn't have it. I'm putting up Craigslist ads and I'll check back with security tomorrow, if I don't get this shit back I'm gonna be REAL mad. Also checking eBay to see if these guys are selling my camera.

Laugh on, go on about my irresponsibility, whatever lol.

Ate in the QCM food court, left my backpack (with cam inside) under my seat and of course I f**king forget it. I get back there after only 5 minutes and someone took it, and security didn't have it. I'm putting up Craigslist ads and I'll check back with security tomorrow, if I don't get this shit back I'm gonna be REAL mad. Also checking eBay to see if these guys are selling my camera.

Laugh on, go on about my irresponsibility, whatever lol.

I'm sure the backpack was bigger than you so how in the hell did you forget it??? :huh:

I'm sure the backpack was bigger than you so how in the hell did you forget it??? :huh:

Pushcart Foamer and Ely (subwaymustang) showed up, and it's funny, we were about to go do this prank that involved something that was in the bag, we start going up the escalator from the ground floor to the 2nd floor and I'm about to get the thing we needed, then I realize I don't have the bag and I'm like OH SHIT and run down an up escalator then RUN to the food court, and of course I'm too late.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Pushcart Foamer and Ely (subwaymustang) showed up, and it's funny, we were about to go do this prank that involved something that was in the bag, we start going up the escalator from the ground floor to the 2nd floor and I'm about to get the thing we needed, then I realize I don't have the bag and I'm like OH SHIT and run down an up escalator then RUN to the food court, and of course I'm too late.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone was watching you the whole time... Got some real desperate freaks out here.

LOL... Tonight I saw some chick clutch her purse. I assume it was aimed at me... I had my own bags so I said to myself who is she supposed to be clutching her purse at? Before I knew it the prankster in me came out and I started acting like I had a bag on my shoulder and pretending like I was "clutching" it. I made a point to do it right in front of her and then turned around and started laughing at her to show her how stupid she looked. I could tell she felt stupid too. It's time for us men out here to start standing up to these idiotic women acting like every guy is out to rob or rape them. Whenever I do have my laptop bag when I see one of them attempting to clutch their purse I just do the exact same thing like yeah, feelings are mutual. They feel so cheap and I crack up laughing to myself. :lol:

Now that I've started to pay attention to it and have seen how they treat other guys, it's clear to me that many of them really aren't afraid at all and they just do that nonsense to call themselves being wise @sses as if to say let me show you what I think of you. It doesn't happen to me often but I have noticed it with me and other dudes (of all colors) of late and I must admit it is rather annoying. Like really they could clutch their purses to the cows came home because if a guy really wants to take their purse they'd just rip it off of their arms. That's what I find so silly about the whole thing. :lol:

Depending on my mood, I either:

-flex on them & shake my head (it's funny to see their shoulders jerk back when I do that)

-simply shake my head

-simply chuckle & shake my head, or

-say "aint nobody thinkin bout you" in a moderate enough tone so they can hear it...

For me, it aint so much a prank because I'm dead serious with the intent behind those reactions - To make them feel just as stupid.

Goes for these scary/scaredy ass dudes out here too....

Got a year with my girlfriend as of today! (Actually, yesterday, I don't know why the post didn't go through then)

Also, a few days ago, I was at a friends house (friend A) with another friend (friend B), and Friend A is talking on the phone with her grandmother, and Friend B shouts into the phone VOOOODDDDDDKKKKKAAA! Needless to say, her grandmother was not amused. (BTW, we weren't actually doing anything like that)

Depending on my mood, I either:

-flex on them & shake my head (it's funny to see their shoulders jerk back when I do that)

-simply shake my head

-simply chuckle & shake my head, or

-say "aint nobody thinkin bout you" in a moderate enough tone so they can hear it...

For me, it aint so much a prank because I'm dead serious with the intent behind those reactions - To make them feel just as stupid.

Goes for these scary/scaredy ass dudes out here too....

The thing is though most of them just do it to be wise asses and I see it occur mainly here in the city. I thought she was so ridiculous doing that when I was carrying bags. I was thinking what am I supposed to do? Drop my Whole Foods bags and take her purse in front of a mob of people? The other thing I like is when they start looking all around like they're looking for something. So lame. I see women and men doing that crap. I just play the game to show them how stupid they look. When you "flex" do they look afraid or what? I've seen a few black women do it but they suck their teeth just to show that they're clutching their purse to try to send a message. One did it near Rockefeller center. Then she keeps walking near me with a smirk on her face. I said out loud pfft oh please like someone wants to rob her. lol Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

The fact that Ely was there made me die laughing! LOLOL

I see the problems that arose in the situation. :lol:

Anyway, you'd think your homeboys would notify you with something like that.

Got a year with my girlfriend as of today! (Actually, yesterday, I don't know why the post didn't go through then)

Also, a few days ago, I was at a friends house (friend A) with another friend (friend B), and Friend A is talking on the phone with her grandmother, and Friend B shouts into the phone VOOOODDDDDDKKKKKAAA! Needless to say, her grandmother was not amused. (BTW, we weren't actually doing anything like that)

Congrats! I'm in my 3rd relationship in 2 months.. lolol

I see the problems that arose in the situation. :lol:

Anyway, you'd think your homeboys would notify you with something like that.

If you knew these guys in person, you wouldn't be surprised.. lol

Congrats! I'm in my 3rd relationship in 2 months.. lolol

If you knew these guys in person, you wouldn't be surprised.. lol

Are your girls disposable or something. I would think one night stands would be in your best interest, but what do I know?

Actually, been in three relationships this year. My most active year (if you catch my drift).

Are your girls disposable or something. I would think one night stands would be in your best interest, but what do I know?

Actually, been in three relationships this year. My most active year (if you catch my drift).

Nope.

1st GF - transferred schools

2nd GF- mutual breakup due to a personal event that happened to her

3rd GF - going strong so far.

Lol I'm only 17, so it isn't as bad as it could be..

Yeah I catch your drift! LMAO

Nope.

1st GF - transferred schools

2nd GF- mutual breakup due to a personal event that happened to her

3rd GF - going strong so far.

Lol I'm only 17, so it isn't as bad as it could be..

Yeah I catch your drift! LMAO

Damn, no worries though. Like most things in life, just get up and move on. Sadly much easier said then done. But you're young, there are other priorities in my opinion.

Lol, I sound like Shortline in this post, and I'm actually younger than you. :blink: