Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

The thing is though most of them just do it to be wise asses and I see it occur mainly here in the city. I thought she was so ridiculous doing that when I was carrying bags. I was thinking what am I supposed to do? Drop my Whole Foods bags and take her purse in front of a mob of people? The other thing I like is when they start looking all around like they're looking for something. So lame. I see women and men doing that crap. I just play the game to show them how stupid they look.

When you "flex" do they look afraid or what? I've seen a few black women do it but they suck their teeth just to show that they're clutching their purse to try to send a message. One did it near Rockefeller center. Then she keeps walking near me with a smirk on her face. I said out loud pfft oh please like someone wants to rob her. lol

To be honest, I don't care what reason(s) they have for doing it (whether it's due to actual fear/nervousness or as you say, just them being wise asses).... Either way, clutching their personal belongings when I pass by (to me) sends a very clear message.... But to answer your question, they look more bewildered than afraid, I'd say.... when they see me shake my head, I tend to get either the rolling of the eyes or an evil stare.....

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, that reminds me of a time when I got off the S46 with another kid, and I'm walking relatively slowly, and the kid is fast-walking and gets ahead of me. The kid keeps turning his head back to look at me every 3 seconds (and he's being pretty obvious with it too, not just a quick glance, but basically turning his head completely around). I'm like, c'mon, man. <_< We're the only ones here, and I don't look particularly intimidating. I mean, I know you should always be aware of your surroundings, but that was just plain ridiculous.

On a side note, I just realized that I don't really hear girls getting catcalled too often. Friday evening, I got back from fanning, and there were 2 girls waiting for the S48 at Forest & South. The guy who got off the S90 with me shouts out "Pick it up!", at one of the girls, and then grins at her. I just realized it was the first time I heard a catcall in a while.

You know, that reminds me of a time when I got off the S46 with another kid, and I'm walking relatively slowly, and the kid is fast-walking and gets ahead of me. The kid keeps turning his head back to look at me every 3 seconds (and he's being pretty obvious with it too, not just a quick glance, but basically turning his head completely around). I'm like, c'mon, man. <_< We're the only ones here, and I don't look particularly intimidating. I mean, I know you should always be aware of your surroundings, but that was just plain ridiculous.

On a side note, I just realized that I don't really hear girls getting catcalled too often. Friday evening, I got back from fanning, and there were 2 girls waiting for the S48 at Forest & South. The guy who got off the S90 with me shouts out "Pick it up!", at one of the girls, and then grins at her. I just realized it was the first time I heard a catcall in a while.

That reminds me, I was on the Q85 going home friday night after hanging out with a B/O friend, and these two girls were in the back of the bus and these three guys. The guys started hollering at them and one went over and was like asking one of the girls "What's your name?" and all that other isht. She curved him HARD! it was like he didn't exist. It was pretty funny I must say :lol:

Edited by Astoria Line

What's the only thing worse than football season?

The pro bowl !

Days of cat calling are pretty much done.... "cats" are not caring these days anymore - they're walkin up to these girls & tryna get by with "swag", tryna eventually reach levels of doing so on a-hundred-million so they can get as many girls as possible (for obvious reasons)....

There's no "swag" in cat calling chicks.... lmao.....

p.s. I can't stand the term swag (that's why I have it in quotes)

I guess that explains it a little too, because that guy looked older. Maybe a little over 25, and the girls looked about my age (17-ish), and were average-looking. Now that I think about it, that was a little creepy because the age difference was a good 10 years.....

Maybe he thought they were 18+?

Days of cat calling are pretty much done.... "cats" are not caring these days anymore - they're walkin up to these girls & tryna get by with "swag", tryna eventually reach levels of doing so on a-hundred-million so they can get as many girls as possible (for obvious reasons)....

Very true bro... Catcalling is pretty much done...

Amen at the "swag" part... I hate the word myself...

A friend of my (Female) Used to annoy me by saying "swag" all the time... I told her that annoys me but she still says it anyways... *Nods head in disbelief*

One of my good friends also hates the term...

Maybe he thought they were 18+?

Well, it was dark, so that could've been it, but I have a feeling he wasn't really paying attention to how old they were (I mean, they could've been 18+, but I don't think so). I mean, it took me until just now to realize the age difference, so I doubt he was thinking of it at the time. (Aside from that, I don't think he was trying to pick them up or anything)

I guess while we're on a topic, I've always thought it was stupid to have 18 as this magical age. You have 15 year-olds who are more mature than some 30 year-olds. But I guess all the bureaucracy involved in determining what is the right age for everybody would just be too much.

Tell me about it.

On a side note, I found this site with some funny sayings. I'm not into those types of T-shirts, but buy 3, get 6 free sounds like a pretty good deal. It looks like the average price is around $18 or so, so that means that you get 9 shirts for $54, which is $6 a shirt.

To be honest, I don't care what reason(s) they have for doing it (whether it's due to actual fear/nervousness or as you say, just them being wise asses).... Either way, clutching their personal belongings when I pass by (to me) sends a very clear message.... But to answer your question, they look more bewildered than afraid, I'd say.... when they see me shake my head, I tend to get either the rolling of the eyes or an evil stare.....

LMAO... And I wonder what they're supposed to be saying with that? Is that the oh boy look or the who does he think he is look? LOL

LOL... Cat calls... They're still pretty popular, just not in some parts of the states... I remember when I was living back in Italy... I needed to get some cash out from one of the bancomats there in Florence (the equivalent of our ATM though most of them in Italy on the street). So anyway I get my Euros out and proceed to start up again down the street and I see this what appeared to be either a tall, fair and blond English, German or Scandinavian chick based on her features and style walking further up ahead. This older guy is looking her over and before I knew it, WHAM! Smacked her right on the @ss and she ran into a store or something further down the street. I crack up every time I think about it but that was probably the most direct example of "cat calling" that I've seen. It was rather surprising though because Florence is pretty upscale and in the North. I would've expected to see something like that moreso in Southern Italy or maybe even Rome.

Italy has some blond chicks but they're still a rarity to a degree so the Italian men there get crazed by them, so I wasn't too shocked that he was gawking at her like a piece of meat.

I still see it here and there mainly during the summertime here when there is a construction site. Guys usually will stare like dogs with their toungues out or perhaps even whistle. An ex-coworker or mine once got so hynotized by this lady's @ss that he literally ran into some guy as he was running trying to see what she looked like. :lol: Of course everyone was looking (men and women) but something that big and nasty (jiggling and such) is not at all appealing to me, but I thought the whole thing was hilarious. Don't get me wrong I love curves, but that was just nasty.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

I guess that explains it a little too, because that guy looked older. Maybe a little over 25, and the girls looked about my age (17-ish), and were average-looking. Now that I think about it, that was a little creepy because the age difference was a good 10 years.....

Oh, so basically one of these punk asses that go out targeting high school aged girls @ high schools? I thought dudes stopped doing that corny shit..... Used to go on when I was in HS; I knew a couple girls back then that went around talkin all types of major shit, walkin around like they had diplomatic immunity b/c of who how much bigger & older the dudes they were with were......

Very true bro... Catcalling is pretty much done...

A friend of my (Female) Used to annoy me by saying "swag" all the time... I told her that annoys me but she still says it anyways... *Nods head in disbelief*

One of my good friends also hates the term...

Not that swag is a male term, but it sounds that much more stupid when chicks say it....

Just like when they refer to some dude having gave them "head"..... Some things just don't sound right coming out of a female's mouth....

LMAO... And I wonder what they're supposed to be saying with that? Is that the oh boy look or the who does he think he is look? LOL

LOL... Cat calls... They're still pretty popular, just not in some parts of the states... I remember when I was living back in Italy... I needed to get some cash out from one of the bancomats there in Florence (the equivalent of our ATM though most of them in Italy on the street). So anyway I get my Euros out and proceed to start up again down the street and I see this what appeared to be either a tall, fair and blond English, German or Scandinavian chick based on her features and style walking further up ahead. This older guy is looking her over and before I knew it, WHAM! Smacked her right on the @ss and she ran into a store or something further down the street. I crack up every time I think about it but that was probably the most direct example of "cat calling" that I've seen. It was rather surprising though because Florence is pretty upscale and in the North. I would've expected to see something like that moreso in Southern Italy or maybe even Rome.

Italy has some blond chicks but they're still a rarity to a degree so the Italian men there get crazed by them, so I wasn't too shocked that he was gawking at her like a piece of meat.

I still see it here and there mainly during the summertime here when there is a construction site. Guys usually will stare like dogs with their toungues out or perhaps even whistle. An ex-coworker or mine once got so hynotized by this lady's @ss that he literally ran into some guy as he was running trying to see what she looked like. :lol: Of course everyone was looking (men and women) but something that big and nasty (jiggling and such) is not at all appealing to me, but I thought the whole thing was hilarious. Don't get me wrong I love curves, but that was just nasty.

So it seems the thirst is real across the oceans.... good to know.

Reminds me of the time some thirsty idiot T-bone'd a car over on f'bush & church looking at these 3 chicks walking with their @ss cheeks all exposed (I was in a dollar cab a couple cars back when it happened).....

As for the eye rolling & evil stares I get as a result of that, probably what they're sayin is *what an a**hole/what a loser/what a douche*...

Tell me about it.

On a side note, I found this site with some funny sayings. I'm not into those types of T-shirts, but buy 3, get 6 free sounds like a pretty good deal. It looks like the average price is around $18 or so, so that means that you get 9 shirts for $54, which is $6 a shirt.

LOL at the shirt designs they have there...

Not that swag is a male term, but it sounds that much more stupid when chicks say it....

Just like when they refer to some dude having gave them "head"..... Some things just don't sound right coming out of a female's mouth....

Yeah I agree... I hate it when females say "Suck my you know" I'm like "Oh, so I didn't know you had a penis"... They sound so stupid when they say stuff like that...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

So it seems the thirst is real across the oceans.... good to know.

Reminds me of the time some thirsty idiot T-bone'd a car over on f'bush & church looking at these 3 chicks walking with their @ss cheeks all exposed (I was in a dollar cab a couple cars back when it happened).....

Yeah cat calling in Italy is a machismo thing and they're quite blatant with it too... I had heard stories of guys grabbing chicks or smacking their rear but didn't believe it was true until I saw it. Even as women have progressed in terms of breaking through the notion of being the casalinga (housewife) if you will, cat calling is one of those things that in most places is still alive and well. I'm not too sure how it is in Spain, France or other European countries with a flare of machismo, but it is probably by far the worst in Italy in terms of cat calling.

As for the eye rolling & evil stares I get as a result of that, probably what they're sayin is *what an a**hole/what a loser/what a douche*...

Yeah I know... I think they really think that they can do that sh*t and that it's okay and not expect to be checked on it. Like I said though I have fun with all of it. Then you have the folks that like to gawk so I just get into a staring contest with them and then they start trying to look somewhere else. My favorite thing to do is if I get some a-hole constantly gawking at me on the express bus, I turn on my video recorder on my phone and start recording them and one time I did it and the guy almost jumped out of his seat. LMAO I said to myself that'll teach your @ss to keep looking back here. Freaking weirdo. I replayed the video for a few laughs to see the stupified look on his face and then deleted it, but you know what that's all about. The let me stare him down to get under his skin but I've got it all down pat now so I come prepared for the game. Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Yeah I agree... I hate it when females say "Suck my you know" I'm like "Oh, so I didn't know you had a penis"... They sound so stupid when they say stuff like that...

I remember a video where two girls were arguing, and one of them said "You can suck my pussy on a bloody day". (I'm trying not to crack up as I type this). Well, at least it's biologically correct. LOL.

Though I don't know why she would want that, unless she's lesbian or something.

I remember a video where two girls were arguing, and one of them said "You can suck my pussy on a bloody day". (I'm trying not to crack up as I type this). Well, at least it's biologically correct. LOL.

LOL! Yeah, it's correct to say that gender wise but they shouldn't be saying crap like that at all... Unlady like but then again, there aren't many lady-like females anymore...

I swear people (females mainly) don't consider how stupid they sound when they speak profanely and their words are interpreted literally.

And in regards to cat calling, all the stories that were shared makes the stunts my friends and I would pull seem very innocent in comparison.

I hear you, but that's not even about being lesbian, that's just plain ole everyday stupidity.... I've heard grown women make asinine statements of the sort also.... I mean, not that telling a chick to suck my d*ck (as a substitute to saying STFU or GFY) exudes any more class, but IMO to tell a dude to suck on a bloody tampon or such nonsense of sorts is rather crass..... Similar when a jamaican tells you to go "suck yuh madda" (although this is more said by men).... Good way to get yourself phucked up sayin that.

Edited by B35 via Church

I hear you, but that's not even about being lesbian, that's just plain ole everyday stupidity.... I've heard grown women make asinine statements of the sort also.... I mean, not that telling a chick to suck my d*ck (as a substitute to saying STFU or GFY) exudes any more class, but IMO to tell a dude to suck on a bloody tampon or such nonsense of sorts is rather crass..... Similar when a jamaican tells you to go "suck yuh madda" (although this is more said by men).... Good way to get yourself phucked up sayin that.

Truth! Lots of stupidity these days...

Reminds me when I was ROFL-ing when some old chick was all like "suck on these saggy titties, punk", because she said I was "undressing her with my eyes". I think these chicks just want to feel better about themselves, but what do I know?