Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, I heard thunder and lightning, and it's late December. Dafuq??

I was scared as hell this morning, couldnt even sleep SMH.

The wind out here in Staten Island is terrifying!

The giant tree outside my window sound like its going to fall, and the house keep shaking!

Now im kinda rushing for Spring to come.

I was scared as hell this morning, couldnt even sleep SMH.

The wind out here in Staten Island is terrifying!

The giant tree outside my window sound like its going to fall, and the house keep shaking!

Now im kinda rushing for Spring to come.

The blizzard we had in 2010 made me start sleeping with earplugs... hell, now I don't even notice wind or thunder. Now I just wish I had an eye mask again.

been using instagram a lot lately...had an account at first, I took 2 pictures then deleted the whole account (seemed pointless to me). Then about a month ago, my girl talked me into making another one so I (reluctantly) did

Most of the crap I post on there is stuff ripped from my fb page lol

Edited by Fresh Pond

On the Frugal Living forum, I saw a discussion about how so much perfectly good food is wasted. A lot of stores get rid of food past the sell-by date because they don't want to deal with the liability, but I think they should have something set up where somebody in need of food could sign a waiver saying they won't sue if they get sick (and the store would do its best to inspect the food to make sure the food is uncontaminated. If there's any sign of rotting, or anything where the seal is broken when it shouldn't be, it gets tossed). Or the store could donate it to a food pantry, and they can take care of the waivers and everything.

I mean, certain foods like bread are still perfectly good long past their sell-by date, assuming you don't store it in a damp closet or anything stupid like that.

On the Frugal Living forum, I saw a discussion about how so much perfectly good food is wasted. A lot of stores get rid of food past the sell-by date because they don't want to deal with the liability, but I think they should have something set up where somebody in need of food could sign a waiver saying they won't sue if they get sick (and the store would do its best to inspect the food to make sure the food is uncontaminated. If there's any sign of rotting, or anything where the seal is broken when it shouldn't be, it gets tossed). Or the store could donate it to a food pantry, and they can take care of the waivers and everything.

I mean, certain foods like bread are still perfectly good long past their sell-by date, assuming you don't store it in a damp closet or anything stupid like that.

Quite lately, I've noticed that a lot of the food I buy expires way before the sell by, usually a week earlier. It could be due to the fact I've been buying natural foods more often (which has less preservatives) but I doubt they expire that soon. Last month alone I had to throw away items that had a fair portion in them still. There alone was probably $15.00 wasted. I was so pissed. Luckily most were on sale but still.

I now sell metrocard cubes for $1. Last night while heading home from the Bronx, I made about 10 and was just giving them out to whoever was watching, including this cute woman at 149-Concourse (if only I was single lol)

If you dont know what im talking about, its one of these...

255790453807325039_NTv2RnHR_b.jpg

Quite lately, I've noticed that a lot of the food I buy expires way before the sell by, usually a week earlier. It could be due to the fact I've been buying natural foods more often (which has less preservatives) but I doubt they expire that soon. Last month alone I had to throw away items that had a fair portion in them still. There alone was probably $15.00 wasted. I was so pissed. Luckily most were on sale but still.

Unopened food is good usually up to a month past its "expiration date" (depending on what said food is).

...worked in a supermarket for almost 3 years, I know the tricks of the trade lol

Edited by Fresh Pond

I now sell metrocard cubes for $1. Last night while heading home from the Bronx, I made about 10 and was just giving them out to whoever was watching, including this cute woman at 149-Concourse (if only I was single lol)

If you dont know what im talking about, its one of these...

255790453807325039_NTv2RnHR_b.jpg

I've made one of those before. Don't think many (at least here) would buy them though.

Unopened food is good usually up to a month past its "expiration date" (depending on what said food is).

...worked in a supermarket for almost 3 years, I know the tricks of the trade lol

Yeah, I think it's mainly a result of storing leftovers. I may even have to check the temp of my fridge.

Totally f'ed up:

http://cjonline.com/news/2012-12-28/court-case-query-topeka-man-sperm-donor-or-father

"A lesbian mom gets sperm from a donor off craigslist wants him to pay for her child support because the state she is in doesn't recognize gay marriage." I love the part about 'moral obligation'. smh, where does this stupidity end? Too bad for you lady, why not move to one of the other states that recognizes your marriage than to sue the donor? If this ends up with the guy having to pay, watch donations go way down after this...

Totally f'ed up:

http://cjonline.com/...donor-or-father

"A lesbian mom gets sperm from a donor off craigslist wants him to pay for her child support because the state she is in doesn't recognize gay marriage." I love the part about 'moral obligation'. smh, where does this stupidity end? Too bad for you lady, why not move to one of the other states that recognizes your marriage than to sue the donor? If this ends up with the guy having to pay, watch donations go way down after this...

This calls for multiple facepalms:

facepalm.gifsmack.gifahhhhhhh.gif

Well, hopefully the contract will protect him, since it says that he won't be held financially responsible for the child.

Anyone ever have those nights where you try to sleep, and you just can't? Like now for instance, I was trying to get some sleep and I couldn't, so I've been up for an hour now, but as I'm typing I feel tired. Ironically I'm leaving my house in nearly two hours so I find it ridiculous to sleep now.

I know I'll be up today until tommorrow, so it's going to be killer for me all until Tuesday morning. As with everything in life, f**k it.

(Sorry if I burden anyone with my insomnia).

Anyone ever have those nights where you try to sleep, and you just can't? Like now for instance, I was trying to get some sleep and I couldn't, so I've been up for an hour now, but as I'm typing I feel tired. Ironically I'm leaving my house in nearly two hours so I find it ridiculous to sleep now.

I know I'll be up today until tommorrow, so it's going to be killer for me all until Tuesday morning. As with everything in life, f**k it.

Welcome to the club...im usually at work at this time but since im off until Wednesday, im still in that work mentality in terms of being awake

...plus I gotta be awake in about 4 hours dont make it any better

Edited by Fresh Pond

Yeah, that's happened to me a bunch of times. A couple of days ago, though, I had a glass of eggnog a couple of hours before I went to bed, and I fell asleep quickly and woke up feeling more refreshed than I have in a while. Normally, I wake up with a headache (even if I got to sleep as long as I wanted), but that wasn't the case then. Maybe I should try it again.

SMH at this: http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1227307

Yeah, that was really brave of him, right? Not even making an attempt to get your son in the house.

What a f**king douchebag. I feel there was more behind his reasoning... <_<

P.S. On an unrelated note I've been up for 38 hours already. That shot of Tequila didn't help much either...