Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad speeds (and just got a speeding ticket on Sunday) and takes turns too aggressively, my mom is afraid of driving even around the block, neither would let me drive with them on a regular basis (my mom, not at all) and they wonder why I couldn't get my license.

Edited by Joel Up Front

Why are there two delete buttons on a Mac keyboard that do the exact opposite of the other.

So you can waste human resources and contribute to poverty and famine? If that's your intention, then go ahead...

Read Realism's post, I was joking.

If you see this a lot:

This reply has not been added as it has been posted too quickly

You might be slightly addicted to these forums.

Worked 6 days straight and i still got 2 more days until my next day off meaning i will have worked 8 days straight

...should've never have went in on my day off lol

Yeah never do that. You know if you are a hard worker that your manager will beg you to do a few hours on even your day off. Which becomes 8 hours.....

Myself I am always on call as a tech so my situation is different, but when I have my concrete, definite, established days off, I'm not even going to bother answering calls or voicemails or respond to emails or anything whatsoever until I am ready to come in the next day when I am sceduled to work, let alone show up when I'm not sceduled to work...... I'm MIA until I show up for the next sceduled day to work my 8 to 12 hours.

Saving these vacation days for this Spring Break was the greatest idea ever now...not so much during the days I should have taken them though.

What I'm trying to do is save all that time so I can take a month off during the upcoming summer, like I was saying before, that's what I'm trying to plan for. To travel out of state probably down south to chill, either North Carolina or Maryland. I'll have to time it right because of my girl's school scedule. May do this in most likely June or July. In fact I should let my supervisors know today that I may take 3 or 4 weeks off during the summer, so nobody else beats me to it when that time comes.

What I'm trying to do is save all that time so I can take a month off during the upcoming summer, like I was saying before, that's what I'm trying to plan for. To travel out of state probably down south to chill, either North Carolina or Maryland. I'll have to time it right because of my girl's school scedule. May do this in most likely June or July. In fact I should let my supervisors know today that I may take 3 or 4 weeks off during the summer, so nobody else beats me to it when that time comes.

I just came from an interview with a worldwide renowned IT services firm and got HIRED. Starting pay is as much as a T/O!!! This is awesome! Down side I can kiss the vacation goodbye and just collect my checks owed for vacation because I am putting in my two weeks notice if my current manager does'nt want to allow me to keep my Saturdays. First job requires building new networks on the NYSE trading floor as early as next week! In fact I am calling in sick tomm, and Friday......

@ $35.00 an hour starting, I can chill out with having to work two jobs at once finally! Sorry for spamming the heck out of this page but I'm so excited about this I don't know what to do!

Edited by realizm

Can't wait until this day is over...going to Mianus CT (yes its a real place lol) tomorrow morning

...just gotta get through this 8th day at work tonight

I just came from an interview with a worldwide renowned IT services firm and got HIRED. Starting pay is as much as a T/O!!! This is awesome! Down side I can kiss the vacation goodbye and just collect my checks owed for vacation because I am putting in my two weeks notice if my current manager does'nt want to allow me to keep my Saturdays. First job requires building new networks on the NYSE trading floor as early as next week! In fact I am calling in sick tomm, and Friday......

@ $35.00 an hour starting, I can chill out with having to work two jobs at once finally! Sorry for spamming the heck out of this page but I'm so excited about this I don't know what to do!

Shit, congrats to you lol Edited by Fresh Pond

The last saturday, they opened a new metro station in "suburb". I wrote suburb inside quotation marks because Montrouge has 60,000 inhabitants per sq mi, so in reality this is more a dense inner city district that happen to not be inside the absurdly small city limits of Paris than a real suburb.

Paris city proper is only 40 sq mile ! Smaller than the small city limits DC, San Francisco or Boston, even the the Bronx is larger.

I love this new station, not only the station is beautiful but it shortens my commute of more than 30 minutes everyday !!

This is just one new station but I don't have to be stuck in the bus in traffic jam anymore. 

This station was planned as far as the 20's, Montrouge has only waited 90 years to have its subway station.

The modern planning and the construction of this new 1.6 km or 1 mile of line just took almost 20 years. 

When I see that in Spain (before the crisis) they could plan and build an entire line in just 5 years, I want to cry.

Shit, congrats to you lol

Thanks man! This is like a godsend. K I'm going to disappear for a few days and really enjoy these days off, also study and prepare for the first assignment. I have to brush up on configuring switches since there is alot of Cisco knowhow involved in this. Taking kitty to applebee's @ Fordham Rd right now and we're gonna chill and celebrate, see u guys over the weekend!

I am so happy for spring break tomorrow! I've had a shitload of homework every night for the past month, AND i've had Lacrosse every day until 6-6:30 (Depending on how the buses are running) so iv'e had no free time at all since February. Granted i'll still be doing work 4-6 hours a day over break so that I can make up the work from the days I missed, but at least i'll still have time to do something else that's not sports related!