Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm out here in San Bernardino, CA try to catch some rides on Omnitrans' XN40's and LFR's in the new livery and maybe snap a pic or two. No luck yet, though I must say I'm appalued at the condition some of the older buses (anything older than '09 really) are in. Scratchettied windows and seats along with broken request tapes. I can excuse the '00 LF's as they're near retirement, but the '05's as well? What pisses me off most is that not even Omnitrans' RTS's and Orion V's were in such horrid condition at near retirement. Either the passengers have gotten more destructive or maintainence has gone down, or a conbonation of both.

In retrospect I shouldn't be complaining as worse has come out of many depots in NYC, but come on, this very same agency is recieving a shitload of XN40's & XN60's in the near future and in my opinion it would be a shame if they were destroyed like nothing. Whatever, got to get back to catching some pics.

Not much luck with the pics. No matter, the actual reason I headed up there was to run some errands.

On a sidenote, I was able to secure time to attend this month's RTA board meeting. This is only the third time in my five years of residence I have attended such a function. From what I saw, the board was very surprised when I approached to leave some comments. I'm assuming they expected much less than what I said. For what it's worth I'll attempt to attend each future board meeting.

With a release of a new game that you really want, that's the best time to be single lol...

Totally. Nothing wrong with that. Even if you are in an LTR you'll need your space sometimes from your significant other. With kitty sometimes the way she does things it sends me out the door like a Al Bundy lol. Yeah I'll admit it, that's life. Love that girl, do anything for her but it's understood we need each other's space, so it's all good NYCtrainfan01. Enjoy life. I think that's what I'm trying to say.

I mean my apartment is riddled with dollies and these girly nic nacs everywhere and flowerly curtains, having to leave the seat down now, actually having to wash the dishes as opposed to letting the dishes pile up for a week when I was in bachelor mode  before she moved in having to deal with these lectures as to why she isn'tt interested in railfanning :rolleyes: and all of this jazz. I'm like WTF did I get myself into lol? But yeah, dude, personal time for urself is perfectly fine and healthy for the mind. It's when you isolate yourself for too long, that's a different story, not good.

I know you're not doing that, I'm just saying this in general. Being single has it's blessings, being in an intimate relationship with a woman that you love has it's blessings. They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Edited by realizm

Yesterday had to be one of the best days ever. Went to Mianus CT (if you ever saw the show Jackass, you'll know the reference) with some friends and my girl, a bunch of puns were thrown around the entire day, and even made a video about it (if you have me on fb, the video is there...I'll put it on YouTube later). Got back to the city and ride 885 on the Bx31 and a XD60 on the Bx12 SBS.

Went 27 hours without sleeping but it was worth it lol

Totally. Nothing wrong with that. Even if you are in an LTR you'll need your space sometimes from your significant other. With kitty sometimes the way she does things it sends me out the door lol. Yeah I'll admit it, that's life. Love that girl, do anything for her but it's understood we need each other's space, so it's all good NYCtrainfan01. Enjoy life. I think that's what I'm trying to say.

Pretty much

Yesterday had to be one of the best days ever. Went to Mianus CT (if you ever saw the show Jackass, you'll know the reference) with some friends and my girl, a bunch of puns were thrown around the entire day, and even made a video about it (if you have me on fb, the video is there...I'll put it on YouTube later). Got back to the city and ride 885 on the Bx31 and a XD60 on the Bx12 SBS.

Went 27 hours without sleeping but it was worth it lol

Pretty much

My god dude 27 hours no sleep? You and Ms. Fresh Pond need to get home and hit the sack n crash. Don't deprive yourself of sleep like that!

My god dude 27 hours no sleep? You and Ms. Fresh Pond need to get home and hit the sack n crash. Don't deprive yourself of sleep like that!

I'm the one that got no sleep...i meet up with everyone as soon as i got off work (after going home and changing

And here's the Mianus video

WARNING

Everything in this video can be taken COMPLETELY out of context, but who cares lol

Totally. Nothing wrong with that. Even if you are in an LTR you'll need your space sometimes from your significant other. With kitty sometimes the way she does things it sends me out the door like a Al Bundy lol. Yeah I'll admit it, that's life. Love that girl, do anything for her but it's understood we need each other's space, so it's all good NYCtrainfan01. Enjoy life. I think that's what I'm trying to say.

I mean my apartment is riddled with dollies and these girly nic nacs everywhere and flowerly curtains, having to leave the seat down now, actually having to wash the dishes as opposed to letting the dishes pile up for a week when I was in bachelor mode  before she moved in having to deal with these lectures as to why she isn'tt interested in railfanning :rolleyes: and all of this jazz. I'm like WTF did I get myself into lol? But yeah, dude, personal time for urself is perfectly fine and healthy for the mind. It's when you isolate yourself for too long, that's a different story, not good.

I know you're not doing that, I'm just saying this in general. Being single has it's blessings, being in an intimate relationship with a woman that you love has it's blessings. They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Very true... Everyone needs their space... Reminds me of that song "Hard to say I'm sorry" by Chicago... The first part goes "Everybody needs a little time away I heard her say, from each other. Even lovers need a holiday, far away from each other"

LOL at the Al Bundy part...

It's cool that you've found someone... Glad you found someone you care about and returns those feelings! I agree that both being single and in a relationship both have their pros and cons... There's a joke that I usually say like "Why do we always have to put the seat down? Why can't you ladies put the seat up for us when you're done?" Usually gets a few laughs...

So she has no interest in fanning at all? Not even knowing buses or trains? Some females I know actually got a bit of an interest in transit after I told them about it...

Speaking about sleep, my record for not sleeping is 34 hours... I don't sleep too well at nights... It's worse when folks either start blasting music or throw fireworks... When either two happens, I know i'm not going to get much sleep... It sucks royally I tell you...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

So she has no interest in fanning at all? Not even knowing buses or trains? Some females I know actually got a bit of an interest in transit after I told them about it...

Yeah, exactly. That's why I was saying that I may have to give the forums a break for a minute. As the saying goes a single pussy hair can throw down an entire army. I'm living that parable right about now lol.

What an idiot. Why complain that you got cut a break?

Back in January I got stopped by undercover cops for public urination by Princes Bay station on the SIR, they should've gave me a summons but they didn't...they just frisked me and we went our own ways. As weird as it was being frisked, I'm just glad I didn't get the ticket. So don't take it for granted if a cop gives you a break, they could be deuchebags and slap cuffs on you if they wanted to.

So don't take it for granted if a cop gives you a break, they could be deuchebags and slap cuffs on you if they wanted to.

Exactly. It's hard to predict what mood of the cop may be in. As a youth I was caught with a butterfly knife @ Broadway Junction (actually legal in NY as they are not considered gravity knives say like a switchblade)  and the PO was actually cool with it, told me to keep it concealed and let me goabout my business. He didn't even run a criminal background check! Actually he could have arrested me for carrying an unconcealed weapon, even though the defense knife is technically legal in NYS. I was fortunate he was a cool cat for a PO on the beat.

And that's why it's always better to be safe than sorry. Some POs may be desperately looking to fill their quotas and will bag you, or just in general assholish in personality to begin with. Now as an adult I take no chances with how I conduct myself in public for obvious reasons. Not messing up my federal clearance given the nature of my gigs I've performed in the past with tech jobs. Being careful in abiding by the law so there will be no reason for the police to even mess with me in the first place.

Next time make sure that if you know that you will be traveling for a good length of time to not drink too much fluids, (particularly coffee or tea) or otherwise have that unlimited metrocard ready and know where the restaurant or station bathrooms are in advance. That's what I do if I know that nature's calling, worse case scenario, and I gotta pee in the middle of a commute. Sounds funny but yeah that's what ppl gotta do unlike say in France where it's no big deal to urinate in public discreetly I've heard. When you gotta go you gotta go. 

SMH at this.

The police officer tries to be nice by avoiding giving him a ticket, and the guy reports the police officer saying he's getting preferential treatment. I hope he got the ticket he asked for (and I hope they added on a bunch of late fees and all that).

Of the 2x times I've been pulled over on the Belt, FDR, LIE, BQE and Ocean Parkway..I've been excused on site, dismissed at court 99% of the time.  Except for that one speeding ticket of 20 over the limit on the Belt.  But honestly I think I got robbed on that one.  I was following the flow of traffic and everyone there does 60-70 in the morning...but I get nabbed for me.  Tried to fight it, but with the lack of a dash cam and no proof..sadly I lost.  All in all, if a cop/highway patrol cuts me some slack, I take that with no questions asked!

If you do the speed limit here, you hold traffic up and pose a giant risk because everyone else is speeding.  If you speed like everyone else, the cops are on you like white on Thai rice.  I'd really rather not talk about this, just seeing other cars these days is enough to push me over the edge sometimes.  I'm nothing more than a bus bench racer.

Edited by Joel Up Front

Can't wait until this day is over...going to Mianus CT (yes its a real place lol) tomorrow morning

...just gotta get through this 8th day at work tonight

Shit, congrats to you lol

Man what's up with this double quoting again? Li's like I have to edit every other post.

Anyway, starting next week my main firm will reduce my scedule to P/T hrs so I can focus on the new consulting firm and their contract work they will assign me. So I decided not to quit. Gotta make that money, bills to pay. Probably going to put in 50 hrs a week total between both jobs, so it's not going to be bad. And I'll make OT as needed.

Edited by realizm