Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

In my AP Calculus class, we were using an old test that was released to review for this year's test. They had Part I as questions 1-28, and then Part II started from #76. So if somebody bubbled in the answers starting from #29, they'd get Part II wrong. I know you're supposed to read the directions and everything, but that's just stupid to purposely make it complicated like that.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just hope that game isn't as cheesey as GTA 4 and it's expansion packs. One thing I hope Rockstar does is increase the amout of players that can be in free-roam- because SA as you know is huge.

I found GTA IV to be fun actually... GTA IV multiplayer was somewhat boring though... Rockstar says that they are focusing a lot on mutiplayer this time around (But they haven't forgotten single player of course) so you might just get your wish!

The thing I'm waiting for is to explore the map which is the first thing I'm going to do when I play seeing as this will be the first GTA V to have all of the areas unlocked from the beginning!

I found GTA IV to be fun actually... GTA IV multiplayer was somewhat boring though... Rockstar says that they are focusing a lot on mutiplayer this time around (But they haven't forgotten single player of course) so you might just get your wish!

The thing I'm waiting for is to explore the map which is the first thing I'm going to do when I play seeing as this will be the first GTA V to have all of the areas unlocked from the beginning!

I'm looking foward to the trains and buses. Hopefully, they've added a bus system, or at least some game where you can drive the bus and pick up people.

I'm looking foward to the trains and buses. Hopefully, they've added a bus system, or at least some game where you can drive the bus and pick up people.

Me too! I read that originally, GTA IV was suppose to have buses as a method of transportation similar to the subway... There is a B/O model for said service too... The idea was scrapped along with a coach bus... The coach bus can be still seen in a in-game TV commercial... It looks similar to the coach bus in GTA III... Only the Orion V CNG look-alike was left...

Limo rides were also scrapped... Niko can be seen in the back of a limo in one of the GTA IV trailers... Forgot which one though... Only Taxi rides remained...

In GTA VIce City, If you were to drive a bus to bus stops, folks will get on and pay you $5 for each person who gets on... It was a hidden minigame...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

If you do the speed limit here, you hold traffic up and pose a giant risk because everyone else is speeding.  If you speed like everyone else, the cops are on you like white on Thai rice.  I'd really rather not talk about this, just seeing other cars these days is enough to push me over the edge sometimes.  I'm nothing more than a bus bench racer.

...High on caffeine to boot... 

I remember I worked a week straight...probably longer (eight or nine days). They weren't all eight-hour shifts, more like a combination of four, six and eight-hour shifts. Either way I was exhausted from working every single day !

Yeah I'll admit I didn't do jack squat today either. After getting hired at the new IT consulting firm, I decided to actually keep my other job (I was originally going to quit) and keep it full time while I see how this new gig goes. So for now it looks like I'll be working alot of weekends for a minute.

I may not have to do graveyard shifts anymore either, thank goodness. It's taking its toll. I was doing 75-80 hrs a week. What helped is that my girl is working P/T now and went from F/T school to P/T. Unfortunately she just had to drop a class to do it.

Woke up, drove kitty to work, came back home, got a quick bacon egg n cheese at the bodega and coffee (of course), log in here and run my mouth on the forums =D, fell asleep. Then woke up to pick her up again. Then we cooked dinner together, I went ahead and cleaned up the kitchen real quick and washed the dishes for her cause I know she's mad tired. Now I'm here having a few beers writing this post, feet kicked back on the sofa. I think honey fell asleep already.

I got to do it again in the morning and get back to work and see what tickets must had piled up for me to do. Prolly not much, usually IT dept is pretty slow on Saturdays unlike during the week when it's total chaos as usual.

The way my schedule is now with the way my supervisor hooked it up, at least I can spend more time with her now, and get more sleep while now having more time to grab the contractual IT work with the new firm.

Working two full time jobs was bringing me to the point my psychiatrist ordered me to stop (Telling me I'm nuts for leaving myself sleep deprived like that with my bipolar condition) and kitty was getting worried. Go figure. Yeah we live a tough life but it's getting better now. And I feel alot better now much more rested.

Anyway, I'm getting older now I guess so I'm not as much into hitting the clubs as I used to. You youngbloods will see once you ppl settle down and live in the prime of your life in the years to come, that's it's good to cherish those memories of your youth when you all was all wilding lol, but as you mature to slow down a bit and chill. You only have one life to live so enjoy yourselves. 

I wish it was easier to come by those coupons that you could download to your store card (versus having to print them out and hand them to the cashier, and then you have to worry about forgetting the coupon). I think today's the first time I actually used one of them, because in the past, none of them were for things I actually needed.

I wish it was easier to come by those coupons that you could download to your store card (versus having to print them out and hand them to the cashier, and then you have to worry about forgetting the coupon). I think today's the first time I actually used one of them, because in the past, none of them were for things I actually needed.

Coming from Mr. Cheapskate himself! lol... ;) Trying to be more cheap eh? lol...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

Isn't this like your first day off after 8 days or something? In any case, working all those days straight, you deserve some time to unwind.

That was last week...since i usually start work at 11 pm, i usually stay home and sleep and be lazy in my pajamas until about 9 then i get ready for work

Boy, if I had a penny for every stupid comment I've ever heard (or read), I'd probably be the wealthiest man in the world. Of course, this assumes that nobody else is also getting money for hearing/reading stupid comments, because I'm sure some have it a lot worse than me. I've had to deal with a lot of stupid comments lately, and I'm thinking back to how many I've heard over the years. 

Probably has to do with the fact that I've been interacting with more people lately. The more people you interact with, the more prone you are to hearing these types of things. (Of course, it's only a certain percentage of people, but say, 20% of 10 is a lot less than 20% of 100).

Coming from Mr. Cheapskate himself! lol... ;) Trying to be more cheap eh? lol...

LOL. Well, I guess you could say that. Being cheap with time in addition to money.

That was last week...since i usually start work at 11 pm, i usually stay home and sleep and be lazy in my pajamas until about 9 then i get ready for work

I see....

I'm going to have to agree on this. That was my observation too. Nothing wrong with taking advantage of coupons and special deals. It shows a person is actually smart enough to know how to budget his or her hard earned dollars. 

No doubt. Everyone needs a time out and just sit back and have a lazy day now and then. Particularly you with all the hrs you put in on the job.

Some companies actually endorse such practices; Yahoo, for example, forbids employees from working at home, and I know there are a few IT companies that make vacations mandatory (all expenses paid). It's a waste of money from an average joe's perspective, but they seem to be made up for in productivity. I've experienced it myself.

Some companies actually endorse such practices; Yahoo, for example, forbids employees from working at home, and I know there are a few IT companies that make vacations mandatory (all expenses paid). It's a waste of money from an average joe's perspective, but they seem to be made up for in productivity. I've experienced it myself.

Indeed. Much scientific research was put into this to conclude the obvious: People need time off so they can recuperate and continue to perform at their full potential. Thus increasing productivity as you were saying. Fortunately my IT manager sees this himself (even as vacations in the two consulting firms I'm working for are not mandatory) and gives me time off as needed. As the saying goes, hard work pays off. I desperately needed this past Friday off to recuperate and he granted it without question.

So i'm doing the June 2009 LE Regents (was assigned over spring break) and this shit is EASY. I don't get why everybody thinks this is going to be such a difficult test. (Except for our teachers)

Also, just a fun side note, out of the three middle schools, and one high school in the district, my school has the highest regents scores.

Realizing the pursuit of love is almost like pursuing victory in a game of chess: carefully calculated moves, diversions, and sacrifice. Would I do better if I stopped putting so much thought into it?

Edited by CenSin

Boy, if I had a penny for every stupid comment I've ever heard (or read), I'd probably be the wealthiest man in the world. Of course, this assumes that nobody else is also getting money for hearing/reading stupid comments, because I'm sure some have it a lot worse than me. I've had to deal with a lot of stupid comments lately, and I'm thinking back to how many I've heard over the years. 

Probably has to do with the fact that I've been interacting with more people lately. The more people you interact with, the more prone you are to hearing these types of things. (Of course, it's only a certain percentage of people, but say, 20% of 10 is a lot less than 20% of 100).

You'll have to be sharing some of that money with me lol... I see stupid comments pop up everywhere... Not just here...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

You'll have to be sharing some of that money with me lol... I see stupid comments pop up everywhere... Not just here...

LOL. I'd probably have enough to end world hunger, and you and the rest of my friends (and relatives) would be set for life.

And that's actually what I was referring to: People in real life making stupid comments. The stuff on this forum is the least of it....

Realizing the pursuit of love is almost like pursuing victory in a game of chess: carefully calculated moves, diversions, and sacrifice. Would I do better if I stopped putting so much thought into it?

Yeah, just take it casually. Because you would not want the thought to consume your time. You have to worry about yourself first. If the relationship progresses to the point that she really loves you and you love her, then It's on and you will have to make sacrifices even. Being in a LTR is serious business and it takes work. Learning this as I speak.

But for now, yeah you are on the right track otherwise. I agree. I'm prolly older than you so dude for now enjoy life. You know there's lots of women out there from all over the world. You know that. You already got your career going big time in the IT industry more than I do even considering your credentials and experience. That should be your main priority, and as for women in your life yeah do your thing bro.