Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

LOL. I'd probably have enough to end world hunger, and you and the rest of my friends (and relatives) would be set for life.

And that's actually what I was referring to: People in real life making stupid comments. The stuff on this forum is the least of it....

If only it were to happen lol...

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, if I had a penny for every stupid comment I've ever heard (or read), I'd probably be the wealthiest man in the world. Of course, this assumes that nobody else is also getting money for hearing/reading stupid comments, because I'm sure some have it a lot worse than me. I've had to deal with a lot of stupid comments lately, and I'm thinking back to how many I've heard over the years. 

Probably has to do with the fact that I've been interacting with more people lately.

The more people you interact with, the more prone you are to hearing these types of things.

Generally why the circumference of my "social circle" is real short......

Probably has to do with the fact that I've been interacting with more people lately. The more people you interact with, the more prone you are to hearing these types of things. (Of course, it's only a certain percentage of people, but say, 20% of 10 is a lot less than 20% of 100).

Generally why the circumference of my "social circle" is real short......

Yeah I hear you guys. Let me take this a step further......

With me I can say I have I have 4 social circles away from this internet community. 

First I have my family and my woman. Top priority is obviously my dear woman, family, aside from God himself.

Second, I have my circle of friends who I can actually trust, many of whom I grew up with over the years. 

Third, I can say I have a professional circle of acquaintances who are all professionals by trade, managers and co-workers who are related to my field and other such professionals, which I must keep in contact with for the sake of growing in my field (Definitely with the IT field it's a dog eat dog enviorment, it ain't something you would see in "Revenge of the Nerds" more like "Wall Street" and the dirty games people play in the industry. So you gotta have your alliances.) 

I can add a fourth one: My neighbors in my community. Where I live you have to know your ppl, in my opinion. Many of them even have kittens back. We are one of the only Asian American couples in a tough poorer middle class community, and everyone loves us, even the gangbangers. Truth. Ask for MQ the next time you come in my hood in the Bronx. Many people knows me and kitten, even the gangsters. I do that so that we're known and are cool with us.

It's good to have your alliances, friends and acquaintanceships  But I don't blame you guys for what you are saying, of course many ppl will stab you in the back within a heartbeat with a smile, and I am talking about all aspects of my chain of ppl I relate too. Even my professional connections. Better a few friends you can really trust  then a slew of two faced people who you may think are friends but will f**k you over in a second.

Me too! I read that originally, GTA IV was suppose to have buses as a method of transportation similar to the subway... There is a B/O model for said service too... The idea was scrapped along with a coach bus... The coach bus can be still seen in a in-game TV commercial... It looks similar to the coach bus in GTA III... Only the Orion V CNG look-alike was left...

Limo rides were also scrapped... Niko can be seen in the back of a limo in one of the GTA IV trailers... Forgot which one though... Only Taxi rides remained...

In GTA VIce City, If you were to drive a bus to bus stops, folks will get on and pay you $5 for each person who gets on... It was a hidden minigame...

Interesting. SA in San Fierro, I think they had buses making stops. Lol, to me they were sitting ducks for drive-bys.

I found GTA IV to be fun actually... GTA IV multiplayer was somewhat boring though... Rockstar says that they are focusing a lot on mutiplayer this time around (But they haven't forgotten single player of course) so you might just get your wish!

The thing I'm waiting for is to explore the map which is the first thing I'm going to do when I play seeing as this will be the first GTA V to have all of the areas unlocked from the beginning!

GTA4, I liked for the realistic take on NYC and exploring the area. The realistic cars and other things visually were also good. That said, the lack of variety of aerial vehicles was a major bummer and I was disappointed they chose a blackhawk type chopper over the superior apache gunship. At least the apache had a decent gun targeting system or was easier to aim. With the twin guns on the new chopper, you are lucky to hit the target when standing still.

I do hope they keep the same size as SA. To me SA still rocks because it's so big and I just love flying over the place.

Late posting this.....

Oh hell yeah! I gotta plan a youtube walkthrough project for this game soon! ^_^

That would be great to see! What will be the first thing you would do once you play GTA V?

Interesting. SA in San Fierro, I think they had buses making stops. Lol, to me they were sitting ducks for drive-bys.

GTA4, I liked for the realistic take on NYC and exploring the area. The realistic cars and other things visually were also good. That said, the lack of variety of aerial vehicles was a major bummer and I was disappointed they chose a blackhawk type chopper over the superior apache gunship. At least the apache had a decent gun targeting system or was easier to aim. With the twin guns on the new chopper, you are lucky to hit the target when standing still.

I do hope they keep the same size as SA. To me SA still rocks because it's so big and I just love flying over the place.

I know they had buses park near missionary hill in San Fierro that you could take... I don't recall buses making stops in SA though... They do travel the streets sometimes... Then again, I haven't played SA in a while... GTA Vice City for a fact had buses stop at bus stops...

I like how GTA IV's Liberty City resembled NYC better than GTA III's Liberty City... Rockstar had originally planned on making the entire Liberty state not just Liberty City but they wanted to focus more on game play rather than map size... The reason for the lack of air vehicles according to Rockstar was because the map wasn't big enough for airplanes and all that... I personally prefer the Hind MI-24A over the Blackhawk and the Apache... I wish the Hind MI-24A was in a GTA game... Between the Blackhawk and the Apache, I prefer the Apache too...

Rockstar says the GTA V's map will be bigger than GTA SA, GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, combined with room to spare!

Like I asked Metro, What will be the first thing you would do once you start playing GTA V? My answer to that question is to explore the map first!

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

Oic.

Agreed! Way better than generic buildings. I haven't played gTA3 in a while because I just couldn't stand how bland the city was. Plus I got rusty with that game and couldn't do the stunts I had to do and visit areas without taking out one of the bulletproof truck/suv.

true about the small map size. Storyline was pretty good, but pity about sacrificing the space. Would've been cool to visit both baseball stadiums or drive the subway (and crash it :D )...

Never played Red Dead, but SA+GTA4 alone is pretty damn impressive. I wonder what they are going to add since SA was pretty big itself. I mean are they going to expand the existing cities or are they adding a new city/'wasteland'?

Also agreed that if I can find the cheats, I am exploring the whole map (assuming no invisible barriers) first.

Hind MI-24A, nice choice. It looked menacing in the original Red dawn film. Also good if you can carry a few ppl on as well.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Oic.

Agreed! Way better than generic buildings. I haven't played gTA3 in a while because I just couldn't stand how bland the city was. Plus I got rusty with that game and couldn't do the stunts I had to do and visit areas without taking out one of the bulletproof truck/suv.

true about the small map size. Storyline was pretty good, but pity about sacrificing the space. Would've been cool to visit both baseball stadiums or drive the subway (and crash it :D )...

Never played Red Dead, but SA+GTA4 alone is pretty damn impressive. I wonder what they are going to add since SA was pretty big itself. I mean are they going to expand the existing cities or are they adding a new city/'wasteland'?

Also agreed that if I can find the cheats, I am exploring the whole map (assuming no invisible barriers) first.

Hind MI-24A, nice choice. It looked menacing in the original Red dawn film. Also good if you can carry a few ppl on as well.

I hated that in GTA III also... That's why I always drove a tank in enemy areas... Especially in Leone territory... That's one thing I miss from GTA SA... That you can operate trains...

GTA IV's Liberty City had a baseball team but oddly had no baseball stadium...

You should really play Read Dead Redemption! It's a really great game! Both story and gameplay wise... Red Dead's map size was a little smaller than GTA SA's map... There are no usable cars in Red Dead... You have to use horses to get around or if you're lazy, pay for a stage coach...

I don't know if Rockstar would add new areas but they only confirmed Los Santos, The countryside and the desert as explorable areas In GTA V... They brought back diving underwater now!

Rockstar also says that every area will be unlock from the beginning! A first for any GTA game...

Not sure if you seen these photos but these were photos Rockstar released on GTA V not to long ago: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/49181/sunsets-seas-skies-and-so-on.html

I so can't wait!

Awesomeness! Well, exploring I shall do. If they still have cheats for the planes, I'm using that because I can't stand driving in the crappy cars at the beginning.

LOL... I hope they do have cheats for the airplanes... Like GTA SA did... I just wish Rockstar released a picture of the map... I know that's not happening anytime soon though...

LOL... Don't mind him.... He needs his coffee... lol

As for my random thought, I love the smell of new calfskin shoes... Got several pairs to replace the old ones beaten up by the winter.  What I don't love is having to break them in...

Ohh I hate that, when you have to break in new shoes. What I do is take it to the show repair shop and have my shoes stretched.

I'm shocked I didn't get a double quote problem this time with this post. It happens everywhere, in status updates, shoutbox, everywhere. Posting in BB Code mode, it works to avoid that from happening. Guess I'll just live with it until we get the new IP Board update.

Ohh I hate that, when you have to break in new shoes. What I do is take it to the show repair shop and have my shoes stretched.

I'm shocked I didn't get a double quote problem this time with this post. It happens everywhere, in status updates, shoutbox, everywhere. Posting in BB Code mode, it works to avoid that from happening. Guess I'll just live with it until we get the new IP Board update.

LOL.... I did that years ago with a less expensive pair of Italian shoes and the so called shoe "experts" stretched them too much and ripped the leather...  <_<  I have two pairs of calfskin shoes that have to be broken in and these are not exactly cheap so I'm going to use a few techniques at home.  I've worn both pairs in the office only and have some old comfy Italian loafers for when my feet bother me, but there is nothing better than good quality cap toe calfskin leather shoes.  I have two other pairs coming as well.... A pair of Ferragamo drivers for the weekends when I'm out and about or on Fridays and some sport shoes but those I'm sure will be comfy so you have to balance it out I guess.  

And yes yes, I know drivers are supposed to be used for driving technically speaking or indoors mainly, but they're so fashion forward yet comfortable that I couldn't resist.  I had a pair of dark brown Bally's drivers from Switzerland previously and just loved them to death and had them until it got cold. lol I just make sure that I get drivers with thick bottoms and that the rubbers cover the very front and back of the shoe this way they don't get messed up when walking outdoors, but with just casual walking and for short distances they're fine.  I mean like I wouldn't wear them on the subway though or in a spot with rought sidewalks or streets, but I've used them when going to the city on the express bus and coming from car service and they were fine.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

There's a shoe repairman in Bay Ridge on 11th Ave that I used to go to when I buy new shoes but are too narrow when on my feet on the job, or if the heels needs to be replaced. He went out of business so now I go to this other place on 5th Ave in the same area. They do a decent job on shoe repair for men's shoes. I hate wearing shoes at it is. I'll rather come in to work in ripped Levi's jeans, Jordans, and a t-shirt. But no, gotta come in in shirt and tie.

Particularly now that we are in 80 degree weather....

Edited by realizm

There's a shoe repairman in Bay Ridge on 11th Ave that I used to go to when I buy new shoes but are too narrow when on my feet on the job, or if the heels needs to be replaced. He went out of business so now I go to this other place on 5th Ave in the same area. They do a decent job on shoe repair for men's shoes. I hate wearing shoes at it is. I'll rather come in to work in ripped Levi's jeans, Jordans, and a t-shirt. But no, gotta come in in shirt and tie.

Particularly now that we are in 80 degree weather....

lol... Well my boss knows that I dress well even when I'm dressed down in the summer so once it gets hot no tie.  Just a good quality Italian cotton dress shirt, straight leg pants and some Italian loafers or oxfords or something comfy.  I like to dress well but be comfortable in the process. I'm only required to wear suits when visiting clients, otherwise dress shirt, tie, slacks and dress shoes are fine.  What I do hate to see are guys that have to dress like that but everything looks so cheap and poorly made. lol The shirt looks like crap with an oversized collar, the tie isn't tied properly and is far too short (your tie should fall by your belt, not by your chest  <_<) and the oversized pants that are two sizes too big, with those hideous plastic looking black square shoes with no shape or style.  <_<  I know I'm fashion forward, but hey my mom went to F.I.T. for a reason, so it's in the blood.

Yeah no doubt. That's exactly what pertains to proper business casual or formal dress. You described it perfectly.

As for cheap clothing what I always tell people that are a bit on hard times with money, that it's always much better to buy a few expensive and good quality pieces of clothing as outfits, that lasts, rather then a ton of cheap clothing with the same money that they will have to toss in the garbage a week after buying it.

Yeah no doubt. That's exactly what pertains to proper business casual or formal dress. You described it perfectly.

As for cheap clothing what I always tell people that are a bit on hard times with money, that it's always much better to buy a few expensive and good quality pieces of clothing as outfits, that lasts, rather then a ton of cheap clothing with the same money that they will have to toss in the garbage a week after buying it.

lol.... Very true... Also everything doesn't have to be pricey... I get $20.00 American made t-shirts from American Apparel and wear them with an expensive pair of jeans and it looks great, but the cut is perfect so I get people staring at me even when I'm dressed down on the weekends. lol The one thing I will NOT do is wear flip flops... Just NO NO NO!! 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8