Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Part #1:

An epic FAIL on YouTube's part. The whole point of the "One" channel is to have the same channel among all devices. Well, I tried to upload a banner picture that said "I am expressing my dissatisfaction with the new layout" and it says that the pic is going to be cropped in all of the layouts except TV, and i'm like WTF?

Part #2: 

Went to the Rensselaer County DMV today, even though i live in Albany County to get my non-drivers ID for a school trip to Montreal, and the whole place smelled like cigarettes and ratchet, but I was in and out in less than an hour, so that's a plus. (The whole place was on a line system, and instead of being filled with stereotypical lazy DMV workers, it was filled with a bunch of hard-working productive Italians.)

Part #3: 

I am worried as hell for the Spanish speaking final tomorrow, and of course studying just makes me worry even more, so it's very counter-productive. I'm pretty sure I know the material, but damn, i'm scared. Ironically, i'm not even worried for the LE or Algebra Regents.

Part #4: (Regarding Breeds' post)

Wow.... That's why I hate this county

Well, I went to Coney Island last weekend...

We stopped at the aquarium, which the line to get in stretched from the door back to the board walk... thankfully we were members. There's really not much to see there since most of the place is still shut down... for those who were in line... I feel sorry for them.

We went around the amusement parks, and most of the stuff down there is up and running, which is pretty nice... I got a free 141 tickets off of a Deal or No Deal game...

Just felt like sharing that, not that anyone really should give a shit about my personal life.

Speaking of youtube, what is up with the constant automatic stopping & non playback of videos after like 1:30 into the video.....

Tired of having to refresh the page to (click on the point to) continue from where the video stopped playing at..... It's like they're doing this on purpose so they can have end-users see more ads.....

Speaking of youtube, what is up with the constant automatic stopping & non playback of videos after like 1:30 into the video.....

Tired of having to refresh the page to (click on the point to) continue from where the video stopped playing at..... It's like they're doing this on purpose so they can have end-users see more ads.....

I've been having a lot of issues with Youtube as well.  I think the issue that they're cramming too many ads into the videos now and they take forever to start.  

Adding on to those issues, on many occasions I find Youtube's video player tracker unresponsive, as in I can't rewind or fast forward.

At any rate I don't upload anything worthy to Youtube. I had an old Myspace I had some music on, but that's it.

My teacher was beyond an a**hole today. So, I missed 8 days of school, and she says "By the way, all three packets are due tomorrow" and the whole class is like "WHAT!?" and I only had ONE packet. So I raise my hand, so that I can get the two that I don't have, and she says to me "Put your hand down, i'm not giving you an extension, even if you're not here, you still have to make the work up" and i'm like "Um... I just need the other two packets" and she goes "Yeah, i'll give them to you, but i'm not giving you an extension, I'm tired of hearing your excuses" and then again I say "Um.... I don't want an extension, I just want the packets..." and she continues on this rant about how she's tired of my B.S. in front of the WHOLE CLASS. Keep in mind, this is coming out of our class time, and we only have 3 days until finals. It might not sound that bad, but it was bad enough that people immediately after kept asking if I was "ok" and that they couldn't believe she did that. (And normally when someone gets dished by a teacher they just sit and stare)

Also Turbo19, and ttcsubwayfan, THIS is why I would much rather have the office up my ass, instead of the teachers.

My teacher was beyond an a**hole today. So, I missed 8 days of school, and she says "By the way, all three packets are due tomorrow" and the whole class is like "WHAT!?" and I only had ONE packet. So I raise my hand, so that I can get the two that I don't have, and she says to me "Put your hand down, i'm not giving you an extension, even if you're not here, you still have to make the work up" and i'm like "Um... I just need the other two packets" and she goes "Yeah, i'll give them to you, but i'm not giving you an extension, I'm tired of hearing your excuses" and then again I say "Um.... I don't want an extension, I just want the packets..." and she continues on this rant about how she's tired of my B.S. in front of the WHOLE CLASS. Keep in mind, this is coming out of our class time, and we only have 3 days until finals. It might not sound that bad, but it was bad enough that people immediately after kept asking if I was "ok" and that they couldn't believe she did that. (And normally when someone gets dished by a teacher they just sit and stare)

Also Turbo19, and ttcsubwayfan, THIS is why I would much rather have the office up my ass, instead of the teachers.

Sorry to hear. If it makes you feel any better at all, I didn't attend school the two weeks before finals, which were last week. I aced those motherf**kers and got the hell out of there.

I got pansted today (outside of school that is) and it was a mistaken double layer. I have quick reflexes thankfully. lol

You shared enough in chat already. :lol:

why is it an over reaction. ive never ever, nor would i ever say i hate this country. since he is an ultra liberal who is a big supporter of obama, and obama has said he wants to "fundamentally chamge America' You dont fundamentally change anything you love, you might tweek it to make it better, you only fundamentally change what you dont like or hate, so therefore it is not an over reaction

joe

why is it an over reaction. ive never ever, nor would i ever say i hate this country. since he is an ultra liberal who is a big supporter of obama, and obama has said he wants to "fundamentally chamge America' You dont fundamentally change anything you love, you might tweek it to make it better, you only fundamentally change what you dont like or hate, so therefore it is not an over reaction

joe

you gotta be kidding me,it is an overreaction! and adam clarified what he meant by it, it is like when the dixie chicks were shamed into the oblivion by the 'murica crowd for critizing bush on the war. yet when Ted Nugent threatens Obama  the uber patriots were all 'murica and what not. The uber patriots need to just need to chill the heck out its an over reaction that shouldn't have happened, he clarified it now we move on. thats all i will say 

Edited by BreeddekalbL

I'm even luckier, because I deleted my Facebook years ago.  A lot of people of the 43 people who added me only knew my face.

Well I don't use Facebook in the "traditional" sense. I only use it to keep in contact with my friends and other social acquaintances when I don't want to bother using another form of communication.

Facebook is really more for maintaining status anyway, so I understand what you're saying.

lol... NYC Taxes... NYS Taxes... Federal Taxes... etc., etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.......................................................... 

etc... 

Seriously! But I still got a nice chunk from that check.

Great, Facebook updated again..... How original....

Hmm, It looks cool.

What's Facebook though?

--

Honestly, I feel 90% of the people use Facebook to social climb.

I've been having a lot of issues with Youtube as well.  I think the issue that they're cramming too many ads into the videos now and they take forever to start.  

Adding on to those issues, on many occasions I find Youtube's video player tracker unresponsive, as in I can't rewind or fast forward.

At any rate I don't upload anything worthy to Youtube. I had an old Myspace I had some music on, but that's it.

Any one of you guys have ad blocker? I recommend it... Since I got it a while back, I never had to deal with Youtube ads...