Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my AP Calculus class, we watched the movie Stand And Deliver. Here's one of the funniest scenes from the movie.

....and another one:

Not really funny, but memorable:

On a side note, I noticed Google Streetview finally updated a lot of SI images from 2007 (now they're 2012-2013), and they expanded their coverage into a lot of areas of Long Island.

Edited by checkmatechamp13

"Eduard Nogay, the Fort Hamilton HS volleyball player who persevered through a sarcoma that led to the amputation of his right arm and caused his lungs to collapse twice before he helped the Tigers reach the semifinals of the PSAL playoffs, died shortly after midnight Tuesday morning, his coach said.

Monday was Nogay's 18th birthday.

Nogay had been at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in Manhattan since May 19 after a low hemoglobin level left him anemic. He was receiving blood transfusions daily and had a tube into his lungs through his stomach draining bloody fluid following his most recent lung collapse in April.

Nogay was surrounded by his family, his three best friends and his volleyball coaches when he passed."

Eduard ,even though I never met him was a constant second thought in the hearts of us fellow students at the Fort and it is with great sadness that I type this...

Guess who graduated from college today !!!

A bit late on this but congrats!

Good to be back man. Been a while since I visited. I have no idea what's going on lol.

I need a vacation

Deadass, this year is looking long and we're barely halfway into it...

Yeah I hear you. On vacation now you can say. Transistioning to a new state actually......

Another (non-licensed) Long Island teen crashed and died because he thought his Camry was a racecar... of course, like last year's (only he had an Impreza), his friends got out without a scratch.

Kids.... I wish they would use more foresight and better judgement sometimes. Hindsight is 20/20.

But yeah,  the next car I might consider purchasing (eventually, maybe... as soon as I finish getting my credit straightened out, in the works as I speak.....)  but some people say that with it's 4 cylinder engine it lags on the highway or when climbing up steep upgrades. The all wheel drive feature is a definite plus though.

Still thinking about it.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Subaru_Impreza/

2013_subaru_impreza_sedan_angularfront.j

Kids.... I wish they would use more foresight and better judgement sometimes. Hindsight is 20/20.

But yeah,  the next car I might consider purchasing (eventually, maybe... as soon as I finish getting my credit straightened out, in the works as I speak.....)  but some people say that with it's 4 cylinder engine it lags on the highway or when climbing up steep upgrades. The all wheel drive feature is a definite plus though.

Still thinking about it.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Subaru_Impreza/

2013_subaru_impreza_sedan_angularfront.j

For under 22K, if you need/want AWD that is by far the best car you can get. Also i'll 1-up on the vacation.... Got the regents in a few days, but after that i'm sure it's gonna be feel like school's over in a few days. I have to say, I originally thought i'd be really upset that these are my last few weeks at Hackett, but this year has been so bad, i'm glad i'm going to the high school next year... (of course I say that now....)

Dead tired from cleaning up the house yesterday. Had to throw out an electric mouse trap as the body was decomposing in it. F'ed up part was it was empty (bait still there) the week before. 2 other traps were empty (bait eaten up but no body) So I dunno if it was the same mouse and it had some immunity, but damn ... down 1 trap now, but at least 1 less mouse. I've seen a mouse like few months ago, but I wasn't sure if it is the same one. Also been seeing some more spiders lately, some tiny and one like the size of a quarter. I just see it out of the blue on the wall. Good thing I wear slippers = whack!

Not everyone lives in areas as well-connected as Manhattan, you know.

Thank you. Where I am at now, I must rely on automobile travel to get where I have to go. As much as I am a transit enthusiast, I have no choice. I cannot think of a city in a state yet that can even come close to the MTA transit system we have in New York. Really I miss it in a way, now I must drive by car everywhere even to get just a stupid carton of milk for my cereal.

Thank you. Where I am at now, I must rely on automobile travel to get where I have to go. As much as I am a transit enthusiast, I have no choice. I cannot think of a city in a state yet that can even come close to the MTA transit system we have in New York. Really I miss it in a way, now I must drive by car everywhere even to get just a stupid carton of milk for my cereal.

Speaking of which, knowing that you used your personal vehicle even back in NYC, public transit in MD would be a tough sell for you.

Regardless, if you by chance have a rare day to yourself perhaps you may consider getting slightly familiar with the Maryland Transit Administration. With any luck you'll be able to do something in town for the evening and make it back home that same night. At $3.60 for a entire day fare it may be worth checking out.

Just a suggestion. Travel at your own discretion of course.