Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Reading B35's posts, he really sounds just like a youtuber I currently watch.

Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I guess I'll ask - Which YT-er is this?

I probably watch the guy's channel myself (if it's about the content matter I spoke on in the last couple pages in this thread)....

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I must be getting old when I can come to an off topic thread and no one except me comments on the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King's " I have a Dream" speech. I watched the CNN and MSNBC shows and it brought back memories for me. I'm in NY this week so I called mom in NC to talk about Wednesday, August 28, 1963 and she had to remind me that she was at work that day and didn't see the day's festivities. My brother and I had to sit next to grandma and watch the whole program back then. My friends also had to watch TV that day so nobody went to the Flatbush Boy's Club. People forget that Dr. King's 17 minute speech was the last of many that day and we saw it all. When the old folks told us to do something we did it. No questions asked. No matter which family's parents gave the order. Well, after talking with mom and a few of my friends we've come to the conclusion that some black youth are a disgrace to everything Dr. King strove for. It seems that some of us are marching to the beat of a different drummer these days. It seems that somewhere along the way many people have forgotten that part of his "dream" was about R-E-S-P-E-C-T, before Otis Redding or Aretha Franklin sang about it. I've been playing some Sam Cooke," A Change is Gonna Come", and some Curtis Mayfield ,"People get Ready", We're a Winner" in tribute. Carry on.

Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I guess I'll ask - Which YT-er is this?

I probably watch the guy's channel myself (if it's about the content matter I spoke on in the last couple pages in this thread)....

The dude's name is Tommy Sotomayor, dude got a gazillion channels but I just watch his stuff cause I find him very comical.

@ Orion: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23884313

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has said his country will defend itself against Western aggression, as the UK and US seek support for intervention.

The five permanent UN Security Council members held a short meeting, but diplomats said they were "far apart".

The US and UK say the Assad regime killed hundreds in recent poison gas attacks. Damascus, backed by Russia, blames the attacks on rebels.

In London, MPs voted against possible military action against Syria.

The government motion - to support in principle British involvement in military action - was defeated in by 285 votes to 272 late on Thursday.

Prime Minster David Cameron said it was clear the parliament does not want action and "the government will act accordingly".

Separately, the BBC has seen evidence of killings perpetrated by Syrian government forces in northern Aleppo province.

The incendiary bomb was dropped onto a school in Aleppo Province, northern Syria earlier this week. There was only a small explosion, but eyewitnesses describe huge columns of fire and smoke that left 10 dead and more than 30 with horrific burns.

We don't know what the substance inside was, but debris from the site as well as the injuries sustained by victims indicates it was a napalm or thermite-type substance. We witnessed the students, mainly teenagers, arriving at the local hospital. Their clothes were burnt, their bodies charred, with skin peeling away. In some cases their hair had melted and all had huge painful blisters. The hospital admitted 30 patients in all. Most had more than 50% burns which, according to the doctors, meant their chance of survival was less than half.

For many Syrians the arguments about chemical weapons miss the point. Whatever Britain, France and America decide, what matters here is not how people are dying but death itself.

The BBC's Ian Pannell visited a school playground that had been hit by napalm or another incendiary substance.

Hospital staff and witnesses said 10 people had been killed and many more left with horrific burns.

Please...  <_<

If only Mr. Obama actually did all that. Instead, it's help out the "rebels" because NATO or the UN told us to and leave them be once the military action is over, we were only there to help out the rebels in their military action because NATO and the UN said so. Let's also not forget what happened last time we helped these Al Qaeda rebels out (cough BENGHAZI cough). And think what you want about how Al Qaeda started, but the fact is today they are enemies of this nation, they have proven that, and there is absolutely no excuse for providing military aid to our enemies just because some bigshots who have nothing to do with running OUR country over at UN Plaza said so especially when we've done it before and have seen the deaths of US citizens because of it. We can't afford another Benghazi-style attack.

So thats the latest scoop dude

The dude's name is Tommy Sotomayor, dude got a gazillion channels but I just watch his stuff cause I find him very comical.

Yeah, I watch his stuff too (ever since his "beef" with genieburlesque [who a female family friend of mine knows] about 2 years ago.... The both of them were in the wrong IMO)....

Anyway, regarding the gist of what he says, he spits truth with it.... also, his diss videos are funny (although he needs to stop w/ the wack ass wordplay & changing lyrics to songs), but the reasons he says what he does is out of pure vitriol (his so called care for the "community" is nothin more than a lie)..... A lot of his listeners tend to forget that he's panamanian - who, let's face it, aren't all that thrilled about american blacks anyway, man or woman....

There are 2 reasons he has an assload of channels:

1] He has a lot of channels now because he has different "themes" on certain channels....

2] Before that though, he was creating backup channels because he would lie & say that black women done gotten his previous channels shut down - When it was him that closed his own channels most the time, to try to put it out there that's how important/how much of a "celebrity" he is - so much so that he's that much of a target.... *shrugs*

Basic difference between me & this guy when it comes to the sistas, is that the hate is much deeper with him, on some personal shit... Me, I hate the system that got them feelin like the damn energizer bunny [or "terminatrix", as he refers to them as] (that got them thinkin they're runnin shit over black men & not realizing that said system is in place to pit black men & black women against each other; i.e. divide & conquer)......

The white woman worship TommySotomayor does in his videos, I can't ride with him on that.... That's why he gets called self hating....

I could go in on more of what I don't like about the guy, but I'll stop here for now....

side note:

Oh, and lmao at "squentin tarantino" - that's what he calls this one dude named stylistic, or "thepeoplestv1" as his YT channel is now... I used to listen to that dude's vids long before I started watchin Sotomayor's vids.... That MF-er is the quintessential street cat who you can't tell shit to, and tries to come at you on some ole philosophical shit (like the ex-convict that he is, like enough of them are good for doin anyway) - but when (or if) you're smart enough to decipher what he's really sayin, it really aint shit... Ole inner feelins, my mommy neglected me & now I'm on youtube ass nzzzz... lol....

Thing w/ this guy stylistic/mrmonstrosity/peoplestv1, his entire shtick is that he has it out for "educated" black men (in other words, a black man a notch above your average street nzzzzz).... When you hear dudes on that shit, all that is, is envy - Nothing more.... You don't hear no "educated" cat feeling regretful that he aint sold drugs, got into any fights, knocked off (or knocked up) a couple hoes, and did prison time, to validate hisself as a man.....

I'm glad Sotomayor went in on his ass.....

I've had nothing but issues with 8, MUH BOOT TIMES and the addition of a crappy-looking "Start" button won't change my opinion.  I would have done it last night but I still can't figure out this GPT crap.

Make sure you are doing a true shutdown. To access the BIOS press Fn + F2 since there is a problem with the Win 8 recovery image partition on the drive itself. Change the settings so that it will boot off a DVD. Then stick in the Windows 7 disk and let it run. This will be a clean installation of Windows 7 with NTFS formatting on a x64 system, must make sure of this when running installation. After that get on the Lenovo website and download drivers accordingly. (Go through device manager in control panel and check for driver errors then fix it one by one) It should work, I'm sure.

It should work because it does not sound like a hard drive failure.

**The deal is that previously before the faults and BIOS error messages the oversight is this: Windows 8 does not do true shutdowns like Windows 7 unless you force it to. To do that with a future Win 8 computer: alt + Ctrl + delete > task manager > touch sidebar > settings > power > shut down . Then Fn + F2 on cold boot after true shutdown to get into the BIOS to force bypass of Windows 8 startup for Windows 7 installation off USB drive, network drive, or DVD.

If that doesn't work get back to me.

Edited by realizm

Yeah, I watch his stuff too (ever since his "beef" with genieburlesque [who a female family friend of mine knows] about 2 years ago.... The both of them were in the wrong IMO)....

Anyway, regarding the gist of what he says, he spits truth with it.... also, his diss videos are funny (although he needs to stop w/ the wack ass wordplay & changing lyrics to songs), but the reasons he says what he does is out of pure vitriol (his so called care for the "community" is nothin more than a lie)..... A lot of his listeners tend to forget that he's panamanian - who, let's face it, aren't all that thrilled about american blacks anyway, man or woman....

There are 2 reasons he has an assload of channels:

1] He has a lot of channels now because he has different "themes" on certain channels....

2] Before that though, he was creating backup channels because he would lie & say that black women done gotten his previous channels shut down - When it was him that closed his own channels most the time, to try to put it out there that's how important/how much of a "celebrity" he is - so much so that he's that much of a target.... *shrugs*

Basic difference between me & this guy when it comes to the sistas, is that the hate is much deeper with him, on some personal shit... Me, I hate the system that got them feelin like the damn energizer bunny [or "terminatrix", as he refers to them as] (that got them thinkin they're runnin shit over black men & not realizing that said system is in place to pit black men & black women against each other; i.e. divide & conquer)......

The white woman worship TommySotomayor does in his videos, I can't ride with him on that.... That's why he gets called self hating....

I could go in on more of what I don't like about the guy, but I'll stop here for now....

side note:

Oh, and lmao at "squentin tarantino" - that's what he calls this one dude named stylistic, or "thepeoplestv1" as his YT channel is now... I used to listen to that dude's vids long before I started watchin Sotomayor's vids.... That MF-er is the quintessential street cat who you can't tell shit to, and tries to come at you on some ole philosophical shit (like the ex-convict that he is, like enough of them are good for doin anyway) - but when (or if) you're smart enough to decipher what he's really sayin, it really aint shit... Ole inner feelins, my mommy neglected me & now I'm on youtube ass nzzzz... lol....

Thing w/ this guy stylistic/mrmonstrosity/peoplestv1, his entire shtick is that he has it out for "educated" black men (in other words, a black man a notch above your average street nzzzzz).... When you hear dudes on that shit, all that is, is envy - Nothing more.... You don't hear no "educated" cat feeling regretful that he aint sold drugs, got into any fights, knocked off (or knocked up) a couple hoes, and did prison time, to validate hisself as a man.....

I'm glad Sotomayor went in on his ass.....

I just saw a picture of the guy... Dark skinned black guy right? I'd be angry too if I were that ugly.   :lol: I'm trying to figure out how he got a name like Tommy Sotomayor? Is that his real name??  :huh:

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Fn + F2 brought me to the BIOS (thanks), but when it comes to where I used to be able to change the boot order, all I see is:

Boot Mode [uEFI]

USB Boot [Enabled]

And then

EFI

EFI Network 0 for IPv4 (MAC Address for this )

EFI Network 0 for IPv6 etc.

If I remember, the boot device menu was under the EFI listing.  This disappeared around the same time I started looking up tutorials again around Tuesday.  The same tutorial that told me to delete the partitions my OS needed in order to work did tell me to turn off Secure Boot so W7 would work.

I'm damn glad I backed my important stuff up and that most of my programs are on another drive.

Edited by Joel Up Front

if you can get into BIOS,  disable UEFI. Then assign the DVD/CD ROM drive the first position (promary) in booting device order in the firmware. When you boot now from the Windows 7 DVD, delete all the partitions, everything and format the entire hard disk before the software begind installing the image to the new partitions) created. 

What I am seeing is that Windows is still there but the MPR is wrecked. So format the HDD, wipe it clean. The Windows 7 disk will guide you through it. There's tutorials on it on youtube if you need a fast refresher.

I just saw a picture of the guy... Dark skinned black guy right? I'd be angry too if I were that ugly.   :lol: I'm trying to figure out how he got a name like Tommy Sotomayor? Is that his real name??  :huh:

Yup... He even has videos where he disclosed what girls (and boys too) used to call him when he was in grade school or w/e....

I don't remember them all, but the one that stood out to me (b/c it was the funniest one to me) is "smoke"....

How f'n black do you have to be, for a MF-er to call you smoke.... God damn.

As far as his real name... There's a whole thing about that, about him also....

What it is is that, someone (or some group) got real pissed at him or w/e & doc dropped him on a YT video - Criminal record, how much he owe in back child support, place of residence, mother's place of residence, his baby's mother's place of residence, all that....

But to answer your question, his real first name is "Thomas", but his real last name is not Sotomayor - He took "sotomayor" from that supreme court justice chick, sonia sotomayor.....He has a regular/common last name, of which is not Panamanian (like he says he is).....

Yup... He even has videos where he disclosed what girls (and boys too) used to call him when he was in grade school or w/e....

I don't remember them all, but the one that stood out to me (b/c it was the funniest one to me) is "smoke"....

What it is is that, someone (or some group) got real pissed at him or w/e & doc dropped him on a YT video - Criminal record, how much he owe in back child support, place of residence, mother's place of residence, his baby's mother's place of residence, all that....

But to answer your question, his real first name is "Thomas", but his real last name is not Sotomayor - He took "sotomayor" from that supreme court justice chick, sonia sotomayor.....He has a regular/common last name, of which is not Panamanian (like he says he is).....

I was just about to say that about the sit imagine part. But seriously lol he seems to have a miserable off YouTube.

His last name is Harris. There's a video out there where he admits he was sexually abused as a kid. If you hear him go off on black women especially a dark skinned and a fat one, you'll know why. Not only smoke, there was some other dude who called him a "tar baby" "crispy" "burnt" which I find really f'd up for a black man to call another black man. Edited by alejr88

Lol, I was gonna ask if there was any relation to that SCotus person.

I'd bet Sonia Sotomayor would be embarrassed if she had a family member that's on the shit this tommysotomayor dude is on, online.... Compare a radio show host to a supreme court judge (not to say that a radio show host is anything to sneeze at, but you're not this self made MF-er ballin outta control {which is something too many BM on YT try to convey - It's to try to combat this "all black men are broke, uneducated, and been to jail" rhetoric}.... Too many of these dudes go too far fakin the funk....})

I was just about to say that about the sit imagine part. But seriously lol he seems to have a miserable off YouTube.

I don't know what you're trying to say here... Care to clarify?

His last name is Harris. There's a video out there where he admits he was sexually abused as a kid. If you hear him go off on black women especially a dark skinned and a fat one, you'll know why. Not only smoke, there was some other dude who called him a "tar baby" "crispy" "burnt" which I find really f'd up for a black man to call another black man.

- Yeah, I know what his last name is; I saw the video where his info was released.... I just didn't wanna bother to say it on here.....

- He's always going off on darkskin black women, what else is new.... Like I stated earlier, his hatred for black women runs deep.... He tends to say shit like, white women will bend over backwards to do (whatever) for a black man, as opposed to a black woman will do her best to tear down a black man.... That is that white woman worshipping bit I was referring to.... He throws in mixed chicks to add to that equation here & there, but IMO, that's usually to shut his "haters" up (that calls him out on his overpraising white women).....

- As far as what he was called, yeah, I didn't remember the gauntlet of insults that was hurled his way, but those were some of em.....

side note:

You listen to enough of these black male YT-ers (tommysotomayor, darkonesun, harveysuperboy, kaptansolo, akwesi100, longloxx82, daniggawiththetattoos (some shit like that), blackauthority, avenuerants, stylistic/mrmonstrosity, madvoodooman/theiceman, guess I'll include TariqNasheed & SrgtWilliePete (both got their own sites, SWP was booted off YT for a # of reasons), etc., etc.... Even though they have valid points, Man, ALL these MF-ers got agenda's - that aint got a got damn thing to do with black women either..... Right off the bat, I can tell you exactly what they are for each & every single one of em - it's that evident.....

It's gotten to the point where BM "bashing" black women is the "in" thing to do online for the sole sake of it... Granted, BW have been throwing BM under the goddamn bus in the media for over 40+ years, so BM with the "tube" sites finally have a place to vent or w/e..... But IMO, it's to the point where BM are bitching about BW, like bitches themselves..... It's all part of this role reversal that's goin on IMO..... I couldn't see myself being on any site just up & bitching about one particular group of people almost daily for YEARS like that (this includes BW).... You get MF-ers like SWP & TommySotomayor (I don't believe him when he says he doesn't go lookin for shit to rant about; 100% of the shit he rants about aren't all sent to him by someone else - that's all part of his act to make like how important he is again) intentionally lookin for shit to rant about.... The commentaries are funny, I'll give em that, but the core/gist/focal point of what's being said, the same message about BW is being reiterated over & over again.....

You aint catchin me dead goin on no clutch magazine or lipstick alley (both female dominated sites), esp. for the purpose of looking of some illogical shit some new-age (I call em quasi) feminist done said on one of these sites, to rant about.... This is SWP.

As for Tommy, You aint catchin me getting my BP (blood pressure) all raised up, rantin about some random ratchet shit that happened 5,6+ years ago like the shit just happened yesterday... I find that dude rants on some old ass news stories that I remember hearing about, before I became a member on this board! (2007).... That tells you he's running out of new material.... That tells you he's intentionally looking for a reason to keep saying the (same) shit he says about black women (with which he emphasizes the darkskinned ones)...

Both of these dudes are seeking female validation in (very) different ways... That's how I see it.

That tells you that there's a lack of patriarchy in the black collective/community.... In laymen's, these dudes are blaming BW because they aren't doing shit themselves - the part I don't think they're getting is that it isn't all their fault either.... But hell, let em keep bitching like bitches - Makes for great entertainment value...

...and for now, I am out.

Edited by B35 via Church

I don't know, I'm not liking this Windows 8 that much. Might as well downgrade to 7 Ultimate.

I don't get Windows 8 at all... especially the fact that you pretty much need a touchscreen PC to use it. Glad I made the switch to Mac and don't have to deal with either, but 8 looks like something that could really kill Windows for good.

I don't get Windows 8 at all... especially the fact that you pretty much need a touchscreen PC to use it. Glad I made the switch to Mac and don't have to deal with either, but 8 looks like something that could really kill Windows for good.

I've noticed, even though I'm a big fan of windows, that every other Windows software is shit ever since XP, I can admit that; XP was great, Vista was pretty crappy, 7 was great, but 8 is too complex.

Hell, they even got rid of the start menu on Windows 8, and the layout is really confusing too.

Yes, Windows 8 as it is now requires at the very least a touchscreen for a more ease of use.  I have a MBA and right now, it's not working out for me.  But of course I'm coming from a business orientated point of view and not a consumer like yourself.  Mac's are nice indeed for portability and but to me that's about it.

I've noticed, even though I'm a big fan of windows, that every other Windows software is shit ever since XP, I can admit that; XP was great, Vista was pretty crappy, 7 was great, but 8 is too complex.

Hell, they even got rid of the start menu on Windows 8, and the layout is really confusing too.

95 > XP  :rolleyes:

Windows 8 is not complex.  The only reason why most people say it's complex because of 1) touchscreen makes it very easy to use and 2) it's brand new, no one is used to it and too used to Windows 7.

Start menu, yeah it was a bad idea for them to get rid of it.  Too bad not too many people know that they are bringing it back in 8.1 which I believe comes out in sometime mid-September or October of 2013.

Did microsoft offer a free upgrade on the os? I had this prompt to download something from microsoft and the screen icons changed a little. Yeah, I'm def not a tech person, so can't really describe this in detail.

IIRC, it was $15, last year, if you already have a W7 computer....

Windows 8 lacks the versatility in the business sector that Windows 7 offers and the reasons obvious, Microsoft is aiming at the consumer market, not the business IT sector with the newest OS. I never deal with Windows 8 at my firm(s) when IT consulting. Strictly Windows 7 and Windows XP OS's with Server 2008 or Microsoft Exchange NOS's. More computer tech friendly. More client friendly. Plus network administrators and software engineers don't like it either because it does not work well for image deployment nor works well with software development. To add in the business sector it obviously will not work well with desktop computers and older laptops lacking touchscreen capabilities.

I know Windows 8 very well, and understand touchscreen. I can tell you the functions in the control panel is pretty much exactly the same as Windows 7 I have no problems understanding it however yes touchscreen makes for unnecessary steps for computer maintenance and it incompatible in a office WAN setting. 

Call Windows 8 the new Windows Vista.