Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Very true, reforms are needed. Many homeless shelters are reported to be even more dangerous then even the prisons, which indeed as you've said compels many of the homeless into the streets to escape the real dangers that pose in a men's homeless shelter. (Robbery and assault, such as theft, stabbings and the like) That is very significant. Also I am sure there is corruption within from the civil servants that oversee operations in the shelters funded by the Dept of Homeless Services.

This is where I become disconcerted because at least, do things in accordances with fair practices if this is what my tax dollars is going towards.

I always believed that it is absolutey soverienties that rips us off in terms of tax dollars, not necessarily the public. They have no power over laws passed unless a social movement, or community effort is started, aside from provisions in place where we can vote on candidates that never keep their promises.

Crazy articles:

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/03/07/home-m07.html

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324539404578340731809639210

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been all go in NSW at the moment. Quite a few large bushfires burning. Sadly a loss of houses has happened.
Emergency warning have been issused for 7 fires. Another 4 are on Watch and Act. A 20KM traffic jam is waiting to get into Sydney on the M31 Hume Motorway which is currently closed due to one of the fires.

Edited by Pakenhamtrain

Back in town guys, just want to say a quick sorry to anyone I've upset/offended and hope we can put this past us. Inside jokes that may offend/confuse some are best kept off the public domain. Leaving it at that, glad to be back.

Now while I'm preparing to post some pics, quick question. How is Flickr now compared to Photobucket? I know they give you much much more space, but how are the bandwidth/size limits? Getting sick of the Photobucket quotas...

By "bandwith/size limits" are you referring to the actual size of the photo in megabytes?

I use Flickr and have never had a problem with that, even though some of my photos are 2-3 MB.

Back in town guys, just want to say a quick sorry to anyone I've upset/offended and hope we can put this past us. Inside jokes that may offend/confuse some are best kept off the public domain. Leaving it at that, glad to be back.

Now while I'm preparing to post some pics, quick question. How is Flickr now compared to Photobucket? I know they give you much much more space, but how are the bandwidth/size limits? Getting sick of the Photobucket quotas...

I take it you just upload the image as is to flicker? I always edit my pics so it isn't so big and of course to copyright them, so I've still got some room on my PB account. Then again I haven't been taking as many pics as i used to.

I take it you just upload the image as is to flicker? I always edit my pics so it isn't so big and of course to copyright them, so I've still got some room on my PB account. Then again I haven't been taking as many pics as i used to.

You'll run into the PhotoBucket limit way faster than the flickr limit, even if you're pictures are small. I had about 11,000 bus photos in PB before they placed the limit. They gave me almost 3GB of space after that, and I ran out in about a month. Granted, most pictures there were about 4 MB in size. I've uploaded almost 3,000 photos (1 MB each), and I've used 0.31% of my space. I haven't even reached 1%. I'd recommend to anyone flickr.

Photobucket has become so bloated since 2010 it's not even funny.

I still have the weirdest luck with technology.  Last winter, my old iPod touch started bugging out and the next thing I knew, the headphone jack was busted.  I charged it up to back up the music I had and tried using a pair of headphones I've had for years now and they suddenly worked...

Photobucket has become so bloated since 2010 it's not even funny.

I still have the weirdest luck with technology.  Last winter, my old iPod touch started bugging out and the next thing I knew, the headphone jack was busted.  I charged it up to back up the music I had and tried using a pair of headphones I've had for years now and they suddenly worked...

Admit it... You and technology don't go together.

Gah, I just remembered I forgot to those isometric sketches for homework D:

Good thing I have a study hall today...

On a completely different thought;

Ok, so daylight savings was extended to november so that it would be safer for kids during halloween, right? But how is that safer than sending kids to school in darkness for 2 WEEKS?

Edited by CDTA

Ok, so daylight savings was extended to november so that it would be safer for kids during halloween, right? But how is that safer than sending kids to school in darkness for 2 WEEKS?

Would'nt make a difference, there will still be thugs trying to start trouble regardless in this so called spirit of halloween. I tend to be extremely cautious during this time. Kids throwing frozen eggs, or assaulting unsuspecting people.

Make a long story short in HS I was hanging out with a group of people. I saw a thug attack a older man with hammers. This all in the spirit of 'halloween'. Of course I could not do anything because this was a gang of 100+ ppl. Squad cars came within minutes but the damage was done.

This happened in broad daylight. I was on Queens Bvld when this happened.

Hallowwen isnt a time of festivities for me. halloween to me is a time where the streets are dangerous to walk and a time for me to watch my ass.

The lesser of two evils I suppose. Logic is probably that there would be a greater assembly of people out on the streets the 31st, and as such would be more suitable. In contrast leaving to class in the morning isn't as big of an issue as many factors are non existant in the early morning.

Truth be told I really can't say, and as usual I'm just being over analytical again.

Would'nt make a difference, there will still be thugs trying to start trouble regardless in this so called spirit of halloween. I tend to be extremely cautious during this time. Kids throwing frozen eggs, or assaulting unsuspecting people.

Make a long story short in HS I was hanging out with a group of people. I saw a thug attack a older man with hammers. This all in the spirit of 'halloween'. Of course I could not do anything because this was a gang of 100+ ppl. Squad cars came within minutes but the damage was done.

This happened in broad daylight. I was on Queens Bvld when this happened.

Hallowwen isnt a time of festivities for me. halloween to me is a time where the streets are dangerous to walk and a time for me to watch my ass.

You don't say.

Man, everyone knows that after a night of total inebriation and f**king around something is bound to happen. You'd know that, no question.

For what it's worth join in on the fun, (pumps keg).

You don't say.

Did I stutter?

Man, everyone knows that after a night of total inebriation and f**king around something is bound to happen. You'd know that, no question.

For what it's worth join in on the fun, (pumps keg).

I went through enough experiences where I have f**king punks in the ghetto in high school throw *frozen* eggs at me or try to rob me out only to regret it when I grab a broken bottle, rock or pull out the baligong or switchblade ready to hurt someone in retaliation. I was hit in the head with a rock before during a fight. What I didn't tell you in chat that night that was that was the week of Halloween, 1994. I don't forget.

As far as I'm concerned, that Thursday, school, work, then come home. And I will have a suprise for the hoodlums just in case someone tries to assault me that night.

I'm sure many kids are terrified to even come to school come Halloween because we have our delinquent a**holes who ruins it for people simply going about minding their business. I will be prepared to fight if anyone tries this time, trust me. realizm does not play, believe that.

You tell me why I should celebrate Devil's night?

Edited by realizm

@ Turbo, you are my boy so don't take it the wrong way however I have my my views on Halloween so do not take it to heart. So that is what I have said in the prior post and I am sticking by it. However again as you celebrate Halloween , do your thing, just realize why I view the day this way.

Now New Years is a different story. My favorite time of the year to celebrate. Thats when I party hard to the point I'm hung over for days.  Plenty of good memories I have had concerning new years eve. If I only told you the fun I've had and will this year into 2014....

(rethinking how I responded)

Well another thread got locked today.

And so life moves on the internet. It needed to be locked they way it was going.

Edited by realizm

That's what happens when people start acting immature and wanna hijack a thread with some nonsense no one should care about. What was the point of all that Q90 BS? Well so much for that Queens bus proposals thread.

If this is an attempt to try and get this thread locked too I got some news for you. We will not tolerate it.

So I had a score to settle on Facebook yesterday...I'll give a run-down of what happened:

My Instagram consists mostly of transit-related pictures. However, I do upload other photos of stuff such as sunrises/sunsets, random things in the street, and so on. Plenty of my pictures are shared on Facebook. One of my friends has the nerve to ask me "If I'm in love with trains"...then she has the nerve to come out of her face when I address people's behavior towards me and my hobby in a status I made telling others if they have a problem with my pictures, then just delete me off Facebook and unfollow me on Instagram. I don't need the headache of people downing me and my work just because it's unusual to see photos of trains and buses. These people are acting like they've never seen or rode a bus or train in their life before. I don't look down on others' hobbies or interests, so why look down on mine?

The way I see it, I consider my transit photography as an art form, and I take my work very seriously. People tell me every day my pictures are awesome, no matter what they are. So I think I do a damn good job when it comes to my work. My status got 50+ hits because I defended myself and my work. I'm not going to be put down by a whole bunch of ignorant f***tards who'd rather "turn up" or "get lit" every day in the week. Do something productive with your life. And before you criticize someone else, check yourself and see if what you are doing is any better than what anyone else is doing.

Does anyone else think I was wrong to back myself up? It's one thing to be criticized, but if you're going to talk out of your ass and spew out a blatant disrespectful comment then I'm not just going to stand there with my tail in between my legs...I'm going to address it in the best way that I see fit!

Edited by LRG