Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

My mom got the 5C upgrading from an old flip phone lol.

I'm upgrading to the 5S from the 5, my 5 has been in the toilet 3 times (don't ask, but it survived and still works great for the most part), Applecare's expired and I'm due for an upgrade. Might as well.

Also I'm in NJ until Friday, gonna try and get up early and either line up or reserve one at the Apple Store before they sell out.

Well okay, then yeah, that is an upgrade for your mom. Haha!

Bold: Well damn, then in your case I guess it would justify to get the 5S, but still i hardly call them an upgrade anyway.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

iPhone users need to come out of the dark ages and seek onto the light with Androids. These innovative features on the S3 are just far more superior.

Always gonna be people who like iPhones over Androids including myself, and most fans of both won't make the switch or if they try to they'll end up going back to what they're used to. My cousin got a GS4 (upgrading from a 4S) and returned it after a few days for a 5, just goes to show. I got nothing against people getting whatever phone they want though, so (not saying you are, goes for everyone) don't have a problem with what I buy.

Always gonna be people who like iPhones over Androids including myself, and most fans of both won't make the switch or if they try to they'll end up going back to what they're used to. My cousin got a GS4 (upgrading from a 4S) and returned it after a few days for a 5, just goes to show. I got nothing against people getting whatever phone they want though, so (not saying you are, goes for everyone) don't have a problem with what I buy.

I just find them overrated and overpriced. 

I find windows phone being better than android and ios. Used to love ios, gave android multiple chances, but WP8 is ghr best. App sellection is improving, performance is great, better than ios at times. And we have lots of updates coming

Sent from my Nokia 521 using Tapatalk

I find windows phone being better than android and ios. Used to love ios, gave android multiple chances, but WP8 is ghr best. App sellection is improving, performance is great, better than ios at times. And we have lots of updates comingSent from my Nokia 521 using Tapatalk

Between Android and ios, Windows was the worst I ever had. Hardley any good apps, a lot of the ones even worth downloading they had the nerve to add an expensive price tag to them. Don't even get me started on those bs facebook and youtube "apps". They were practically the same as going on facebook and youtube through the phone's browser. But of course, like Orion stated, to each his own.

Windows is so lack of apps and sucks. There was only 3rd-Party Apps for popular apps like Youtube. Microsoft made a YouTube app officially from Microsoft Developer but only lasted for 2 Weeks and then they took it down to the original webpage shortcut fake YouTube app from them.

Edited by queenspapi

Went to the apple store the other day and had some fun with some of their iPhones...

1459846_10201796631231828_1512428096_n.j

1454808_10201796635311930_408794055_n.jp

In your face Apple lol

I DO NOT APPROVE OF THIS! Just for that I'm gonna "have fun with" some Samshit next time I'm in Bestbuy or something, that is if I can even figure out how to change the damn screen. You started ima finish lol.

But speaking of the iPhone, looks like I might be able to reserve my 5S for pickup today. Plenty of stores have it now, hope it stays that way through the morning since I can't reserve just yet, got stuff going on and don't know where we'll be tomorrow so I have no idea what store to pick yet.

In the blink of an eye, words spilled from a guy's mouth: "Chinese boy you got 50 cents on you? Motherf**ker."

That wasn't even enough time to reach for my pockets to throw change at him. Did he need that 50 cents or was he showing resentment that I looked rich?

In the blink of an eye, words spilled from a guy's mouth: "Chinese boy you got 50 cents on you? Motherf**ker."

That wasn't even enough time to reach for my pockets to throw change at him. Did he need that 50 cents or was he showing resentment that I looked rich?

You'll be surprised by how many kids of non Asian ethnic groups are gassed up in the head by the model minority myth in general.

I would have told him straight either you get out of my face or I will f**k you up. Period.

Cant get anymore brutally honest then that.

Edited by realizm

I would have told him straight either you get out of my face or I will f**k you up. Period.

If I didn't have to guarantee that I would be awake by 9am tomorrow morning (instead of being at a police station all night), I would be willing to go through a bit of trouble. It was the perfect opportunity to do the talk-down routine.

In case anyone was wondering, the guy was "white"—probably Latino as he did have purely European features. If I get trouble, it's usually from black kids.

After the first word I would have decked him straight in the face.

Props to your tolerance.

You'll be surprised by how many kids of non Asian ethnic groups are gassed up in the head by the model minority myth in general.

Cant get anymore brutally honest then that.

And alas, it's true to an extent. Perpetuated stereotypes of Asian in comparison to other minorities isn't helping the status quo either.

Course, now that I get my iPhone my Mac decides to spaz out on me and not let me into OSX... now I can't restore this to my iTunes backup from my old phone.

First thing I'm doing when I'm able to get into OSX is upgrading to Mavericks... brand-new OS and glitchy but I got Snow Leopard now and I've been having this problem for a while with a grey progress bar showing up when I turn on my Mac and eventually it loads halfway and shuts down, but after a few tries or loading into Bootcamp and restarting it usually logs me in, now it won't work at all. Even better is I can't load in safe mode or boot from my install disc to run Disk Utility, damn install disc is too scratched up and it's never even been used. So I'm stuck with Windows 7 in Boot Camp until I can figure this all out.