Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Don't feel like a new thread, so anyone have anything going on for this upcoming holiday?

I've personally never been traditional, so I can't say I look forward to any celebration, but because I'll likely be stuck in the house the specific Thursday I'll probably do something different for dinner, pour some liquor and that's about it.

Anyone else?

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't feel like a new thread, so anyone have anything going on for this upcoming holiday?

I've personally never been traditional, so I can't say I look forward to any celebration, but because I'll likely be stuck in the house the specific Thursday I'll probably do something different for dinner, pour some liquor and that's about it.

Anyone else?

Black Friday man, not gonna be going early though.

Only got real plans for Christmas, heading back to SoFlo, just gotta hope the weather's nice which it usually is

Black Friday man, not gonna be going early though.

Only got real plans for Christmas, heading back to SoFlo, just gotta hope the weather's nice which it usually is

Radical. I might (probably not, but whatever) go and browse for the hell of it, and perhaps I may come out with a good deal, but I'm weighing it out.

And nice. Stay cool down there, lol.

I don't believe in most holiday sales anymore.  They are just marked for more right before the holidays then marked down at holidays slightly below the normal mark up.  It's an illusion that most shoppers fall for. At least this goes for most clothing brands and a few electronic stores whom former employers have told me.

You can thank the internet for that... The internet offers so much more now than in the past... No obnoxious pushy sales people, no lines, no obnoxious nosy people looking in your cart and most importantly the prices are often better than what is offered in the store (naturally due to cheap rents (i.e. warehouse vs a store)), sometimes with free shipping... Can't be it...

Yea thou the thing is they usually have some good sales throughout November and December and one thing I heard is it wouldn't be uncommon for one to find an item on Black Friday that was actually cheaper on any other day.

Thou my impatience already got to me, around half an hour after I posted that question I decided to order it.. lol

lol... I always find that the really good stuff is either rarely on sale, or marked down when they want to get rid of it and bring in new stuff.

Well another one bites the dust....

HD failure on the desktop... Screeching & click click clicking & everything.... Happened out of nowhere too (usually HD failure is gradual)....

Odd thing is that the HP splash screen shows when the PC is turned on, but after that, zilch.... Can't boot from it or anything.....

Still have the laptop here, but I try not to use it much when I'm home.... Looks like that's about to change.

Well another one bites the dust....

HD failure on the desktop... Screeching & click click clicking & everything.... Happened out of nowhere too (usually HD failure is gradual)....

Odd thing is that the HP splash screen shows when the PC is turned on, but after that, zilch.... Can't boot from it or anything.....

Still have the laptop here, but I try not to use it much when I'm home.... Looks like that's about to change.

Funny you are posting this because I pretty much had the same thing a few days ago with my MacBook. I thought it was just a problem with my hard drive wire but I guess it was a lot more because they had to wipe my hard drive. Hopefully it doesn't happen again, and thankfully I got a nice new top case with the repair.

To each their own I suppose. Even as a nocturnal person bored most nights I don't go that early anymore though, not worth it.

Well, i used to go like 7am, but with the stores opened after thursday night, the crowds aren't as bad like when it was the 'running of the bulls'. So in a way the crowds seem more spread out. I don't expect much, but I pick out whatever stuff is left. $10 for a bluray dvd movie that would've been $20+ isn't too bad. A $60 game for $35, very good. So this year I'm hoping to get gta5 for something like that especially since it's been out for over 2months.

Anyone else?

Nothing on thursday. But usually it's a meal with the family and this year it'll be on the weekend since everyone's got their own plans with their family.

Well, i used to go like 7am, but with the stores opened after thursday night, the crowds aren't as bad like when it was the 'running of the bulls'. So in a way the crowds seem more spread out. I don't expect much, but I pick out whatever stuff is left. $10 for a bluray dvd movie that would've been $20+ isn't too bad. A $60 game for $35, very good. So this year I'm hoping to get gta5 for something like that especially since it's been out for over 2months.

Nothing on thursday. But usually it's a meal with the family and this year it'll be on the weekend since everyone's got their own plans with their family.

Sounds like a plan. Don't get trampled.

Tip from a worker in the inside.... the crowds die down from 4:30/5am to about 8am. They pick up after 8 to about 8pm or so. Was talking with a manager about our lack of floor coverage in the store (but 3 cashiers coming in with in a 2 hour period), and he explained it to me. Saw the numbers to back it up.

Interms of sales... we make 3-4x as much as we would a typical busy day, but then we are open from 10pm Thursday to midnight friday. Plus some one had the brigt idea to up our sales goals, when we have never made them before... usually make 80k, some one wants us to make 100k. hahahahah..no.

Edited by rosskin92

You really should! :)

Sounds like a plan. Don't get trampled.

Thanks, no worries. I've been thru a few of these. I just mind my surroundings. Plus by the time I'm there, the crowds probably picked off the main stuff already and are gone.

You really should! :)

Oh of course. I plan on playing it all December if/when I get it. I'm going to buy it eventually, but only when the price goes down. I love the series, but I can wait for it.

Tip from a worker in the inside.... the crowds die down from 4:30/5am to about 8am. They pick up after 8 to about 8pm or so. Was talking with a manager about our lack of floor coverage in the store (but 3 cashiers coming in with in a 2 hour period), and he explained it to me. Saw the numbers to back it up.

Interms of sales... we make 3-4x as much as we would a typical busy day, but then we are open from 10pm Thursday to midnight friday. Plus some one had the brigt idea to up our sales goals, when we have never made them before... usually make 80k, some one wants us to make 100k. hahahahah..no.

Yup, that's about the time I'm out there anyway. Good tips.

I've been tutoring uptown for a few weeks now.  Let's just say the folks don't care for me in their neighborhood up there. lol I just get in and get out and go back Downtown... There's a weird vibe up there that's for sure.  Almost like the people living there feel as if the yuppies and hipsters are taking over and I guess I'm another one of those outsiders "infiltrating" their neighborhood. Saturday I was in another neighborhood where I'm not cared for.  A black lady saw me and sucked her teeth as if to say what in the hell is he doing around here?  :lol: I chuckled because I thought it was cute.   

I've been tutoring uptown for a few weeks now.  Let's just say the folks don't care for me in their neighborhood up there. lol I just get in and get out and go back Downtown... There's a weird vibe up there that's for sure.  Almost like the people living there feel as if the yuppies and hipsters are taking over and I guess I'm another one of those outsiders "infiltrating" their neighborhood. Saturday I was in another neighborhood where I'm not cared for.  A black lady saw me and sucked her teeth as if to say what in the hell is he doing around here?  :lol: I chuckled because I thought it was cute.   

You narcissist you, always thinking about yourself. How conceited, lol.

You know it's funny when some deny they have an obsession with something and deny it all together. Then they go as far as acting like they misinterpreted what they said. What a crying shame. If you're going to say something at least stand by what you said, don't act like a damn politician when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. That's all for DJ's Thoughts.

You know it's funny when some deny they have an obsession with something and deny it all together. Then they go as far as acting like they misinterpreted what they said. What a crying shame. If you're going to say something at least stand by what you said, don't act like a damn politician when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. That's all for DJ's Thoughts.

True, very true.

One common reason for that, denial. Why, because these fools know they're wrong to begin with.

Sigh...

So in my 8th period Painting class,I sit next to two girls.They are very friendly and we'll often chat in class.Last week the one who sits behind me(and is Asian) and I decided to start a poking game where we constantly poke each other and the last person to poke before the bell wins.Others in the class noticed and are now calling me an "Asiaphile" because "it looks like you like her" and "your all boyfriend and girl friend" when in reality we are just good friends. SMH... <_<  :ph34r:

Sigh...

So in my 8th period Painting class,I sit next to two girls.They are very friendly and we'll often chat in class.Last week the one who sits behind me(and is Asian) and I decided to start a poking game where we constantly poke each other and the last person to poke before the bell wins.Others in the class noticed and are now calling me an "Asiaphile" because "it looks like you like her" and "your all boyfriend and girl friend" when in reality we are just good friends. SMH... <_<  :ph34r:

Um...Asiaphile, christ that's a new one.  I thought it use to be Golden Fever.

Personal opinion: You and her brought that upon yourselves. Either you like her or she likes you, done deal.

Good guy comment: Screw 'em.

Sigh...

So in my 8th period Painting class,I sit next to two girls.They are very friendly and we'll often chat in class.Last week the one who sits behind me(and is Asian) and I decided to start a poking game where we constantly poke each other and the last person to poke before the bell wins.Others in the class noticed and are now calling me an "Asiaphile" because "it looks like you like her" and "your you're all boyfriend and girl friend" when in reality we are just good friends. SMH... <_<  :ph34r:

lol... Aww... How cute...  :lol: