Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

I never told you this. The last place I had in Jamaica Queens, I was about 19 years old. I had problems there with my landlord because well to make a long story short he's an abhorrent a**hole. Anyway, I ended up with an eviction notice.

Throw me out? What I did was throw all HIS stuff out the house and smashing crap. Then I left and moved out of state that night. It was planned. 

He lost the house, it got repossessed by the city agencies I learned a year or so later when I came back. Probably some sort of structural safety violations. Doors were padlocked with chains.

I believe it. More common now especially in situations where the landlord is eager to move out establish tenants in favor of those willing to pay more, or in some cases even selling the building to third parties altogether.

The market for leasing in general is skewed and full of flaw, though in highly populated urban areas such as NYC in may cases is worse. The choice is to basically move where the jobs are and pay for the convenience, move to the outer boroughs and deal with the commute, reside in public housing/assisted living where more than half the time it's complete hell, or most likely risk it and be a part of an unconventional living situation.

It's f**king hard out there man, I know.

Edited by Turbo19

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Paul walker death was sudden. I wonder how they will incorporate his death in FF7. I think he was still filming scenes and it would be a bit goulish if his character was say blown up in a car or something.

Damn... How about trying online? Maybe you'll find a good deal! What system are you trying to get it for?

xbox360. But I guess i'll wait till the after christmas day sale. If I waited this long, I can wait another few weeks. 

Since a certain someone doesn't wish to speak to me directly, I feel the need to express my opinions on the past few days in this open letter.

Some of you were not pleased with what I said. However, I do not feel that the responce I recived was fair. I did not attack anyone directly until I myself was attacked, and even then, I chose me words carfefully and at best implied a lack of understanding.

To defaime my character in a public forum simple becuase you do not agree with me is the sameful route this country has taken in the past few years. If you want to debate, that's one thing. I enjoy a good debate. But even when I provie outside sources to support the points I make, instead i get called a racist in the hopes that will shut me up. I get gang downvoted even though that's not the purpose of the downvote. If someone said something that I didn't agree with, I would attack the point itself, not drag their good name through the mud.

Meanwhile, no one has ever provded any counter evidence to my claims. No instead they're telling me I'm a bad person and I should stop posting here and stuff like that.Has it truely gotten to the point that peoply play the racist card simply to get someone to stop talking? You're supposed to try to prove me wrong. Now that thread is just evidence in a tottaly diffrent point I've been making to other people; that people, when faced with inforation they can't dispute, will take to attacking the person who presented that information.

Do I care what any of you say in responce to this? No. Do I care how many of you down vote it, no.

I've said my peace, I'm done with it.

have a good evening.

Homeboy, your dumbass is what closed that thread to begin with. To go and rebuttal this late in time with no constant medium to refute your points is not only lacking in consistency, but is also a disfavor to yourself and everyone who engaged in the discussion.

I have something to get off my chest and some aren't going to like it either. What really pisses me off the most on this site is that some a**hole users around here (you know who you are) outright post comments that are obviously racist or could start a flame war. They know this too, but still post it anyway, acting like no one is going to respond to it. 

After being caught with their hand in the cookie jar, those particular users flat out deny the post was offensive to anyone. Like if you're going to post something have the balls to stand by it for a change. Stop being a complete sycophant and be a damn man for once. Stop derailing topics and stop acting like you're God on here trying to force your beliefs down everyone's throats.

It's damn well insulting to everyone that wants to be here and it's insulting to me as a man. I actually feel embarrassed to be a man sometimes when certain users post crap like that. If you don't like it get the hell out of here and don't come back. I hope the mods are taking what I'm saying here into serious consideration, because too many threads with potential end up being closed because of these BS users. Anyone has a problem with what I said can kiss my ass while they're at it.

Edited by DJ MC

Since a certain someone doesn't wish to speak to me directly, I feel the need to express my opinions on the past few days in this open letter.

Some of you were not pleased with what I said. However, I do not feel that the responce I recived was fair. I did not attack anyone directly until I myself was attacked, and even then, I chose me words carfefully and at best implied a lack of understanding.

To defaime my character in a public forum simple becuase you do not agree with me is the sameful route this country has taken in the past few years. If you want to debate, that's one thing. I enjoy a good debate. But even when I provie outside sources to support the points I make, instead i get called a racist in the hopes that will shut me up. I get gang downvoted even though that's not the purpose of the downvote. If someone said something that I didn't agree with, I would attack the point itself, not drag their good name through the mud.

Meanwhile, no one has ever provded any counter evidence to my claims. No instead they're telling me I'm a bad person and I should stop posting here and stuff like that.Has it truely gotten to the point that peoply play the racist card simply to get someone to stop talking? You're supposed to try to prove me wrong. Now that thread is just evidence in a tottaly diffrent point I've been making to other people; that people, when faced with inforation they can't dispute, will take to attacking the person who presented that information.

Do I care what any of you say in responce to this? No. Do I care how many of you down vote it, no.

I've said my peace, I'm done with it.

have a good evening.

What? This?

56po.jpg

5e9b.jpg

Exactly. Get over it.

BTW, -1.

Edited by realizm

Before I get flamed, my upvote for him was not in agreement with ANYTHING he has said in those other posts/threads.

Well I just upvoted him too since I agree with some points he made so there. lol  The one thing I don't like is when one person is ganged up on intentionally to make them feel pressured about presenting a point of view that others disagree with.  So childish.  That's the whole point discussions is to share different points of view otherwise we can all agree with each other just for the sake of agreeing.

Before I get flamed, my upvote for him was not in agreement with ANYTHING he has said in those other posts/threads.

What he said was a regurgitation of everything he said in that thread. Minus the outright utter disrespect shown in the name calling and profanity, everything short of outright racial slurs.

Well I just upvoted him too since I agree with some points he made so there. lol  The one thing I don't like is when one person is ganged up on intentionally to make them feel pressured about presenting a point of view that others disagree with.  So childish.  That's the whole point discussions is to share different points of view otherwise we can all agree with each other just for the sake of agreeing.

If I called you by offensive names using profane vocabulary in a discussion would that be appropriate? Thats the issue here.

Edited by realizm

If I called you by offensive names using vulgur vocabulary and made threats in a discussion would that be appropriate? Thats the issue here.

I didn't see the thread/post, so I'm not commenting on that, nor did I in my post above.  I just referenced one point he made that I agreed with that happens around here which is that others gang up on one member when they disagree with their point of view. If what you said happened, then I suppose the mods will handle it since it is against the forum rules to attack other members.  I have nothing else to add otherwise.

I didn't see the thread/post, so I'm not commenting on that, nor did I in my post above.  I just referenced one point he made that I agreed with that happens around here which is that others gang up on one member when they disagree with their point of view. If what you said happened, then I suppose the mods will handle it since it is against the forum rules to attack other members.  I have nothing else to add otherwise.

except I never used vulger or racist terms directed at anyone. the worst thing I implied was lack of inteligence. the worst i got was when realizm, once again, misunderstood an anglogy i made back in june, but I never stooped to real vulgarity, no matter how much I wanted to, I had the consitution to not use those words. I find it odd Turbo says this in the thread"As with everything there is criticism by others who will try to bring you down. Best thing to do is stand your ground, just like you would offline irl"

Meanwhile, Turbo and MVH were calling people some rather rude names. IE "You Sick f-word" " You're a racist f-word". I only got involved in that thread becuase I felt Turbo was not being fair to Tokkemon when he said this to Tokkemon "You're a horrible, miserable person. Go find something worth your time." When all I did was define graffiti and illiect from Oxford, MVH responds with "An a**hole is defined as a part of the body, but you seem to be acting like one right now. Seems contrary to the definition, really."

By the time realizm tells me I have to "live with it", I snapped. all the images from the past few months of our previous arguments flooded back in. and when you have a memory as sharp as mine can be, they come in in 1080p. Stop and Frisk. The finger print locks on the NYCHA buildings. Getting ridducled just for have a diffrent opinion. I had HAD IT.

BUT, I kept myself under control. I wanted to say mean and nasty things. But I didn't.

I only PM'ed realizm because he challenged me to directly defend myself, but I was busy and couldn't post before the thread was locked. I gave him a clear, consise version of my points going back the last six months, but he goes and proverbily tosses it aside without reading it and tells me to get over it. Not considering that his responce might only succede in getting me even MORE mad at him, and more likely to make posts such as this. Ignoreing a problem and hoping it's going to go away is only going to make it worse.

Here, for everyone else to read easily, is what I wrote.

Sorry, I've been working.

To answer the accusation, it because anytime anyone says anything that can be constued as negative, some people instantly play the race card. It's to the point that some people are using it to quash desent from thier opinions.

On friday, as I mentioned, I was working in Jamaica. A group of muslim women walk into the store I was guarding. about five steps behind them was an african american woman. The muslim women let the front door close behind them. the woman who was following opens the door, walks in, and starts making a rather racist statment about "foringers" for not holding the door.

I am only being labeled as a racist because my life exprinces have left me with oppinions that differ from everyone else. however, I do have one thing on my side, the "Zenger defense". As much as you guys don't like it, I have proof backing up my statements. I've posted it several times, from several sources. You never seem comment on that information, you and your allies allways respond by attacking me directly. You act as if your are unwilling, or unable, to refute the claims I'm making, so you fall back on undermining my charactor instead. By your logic, is the Daily News racist? They reported the very information I'v been trying to get across to you and the others and keep getting blown off.

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1522917

Here's my primary issue. If I am expected to treat someone as my equal, should I not expect them to act as much? Peaceful? Freindly? Considerate to those around them? I would never resort to violence, let alone deadly violence, to resolve a petty despute. Yet far too many times you see in the news about such things happening in the african american community in this city. If the Bloods and Crips can ever learn to solve thier problems with something as simple a game of chess, the city would be a much happier and nicer place.

I told you, I want to live in a city where stop and frisk would never be nessiary in the first place. my arguments build upon each other. until those who would resort to violence learn that there are other ways, why should I, or anyone else, respect them if they are unwilling to respect others. Respect is a two way street. You've got to give it to get it. And most people have been giving it for a long time, and not getting it in return. If they don't want to respect others, or the laws and rules of this city, why should anyone be expected to respect them in return?

Which do you feel is greater;

the right to not have your pockets turned inside out?

or the right to not have a hole in your head?

There is a young man who just wanted to ice skate at Byant Park who might never even walk again, because someone would not give someone else thier jacket when they tried to take it, they peppered the ice with bullets, hitting the poor kid right in the spine.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/bryant-park-shooting-thwarted-jacket-theft-kelly-article-1.1513645

If you had to look that kid in the eye, would you say half the stuff you've said to me? who's rights would have been violated greater, the shooter if he'd been stopped, or the kid who now can't even stand because he got caught in something he had nothing to do with..?

I spent nearly an hour writting that.

except I never used vulger or racist terms directed at anyone. the worst thing I implied was lack of inteligence. the worst i got was when realizm, once again, misunderstood an anglogy i made back in june, but I never stooped to real vulgarity, no matter how much I wanted to, I had the consitution to not use those words. I find it odd Turbo says this in the thread"As with everything there is criticism by others who will try to bring you down. Best thing to do is stand your ground, just like you would offline irl"

Meanwhile, Turbo and MVH were calling people some rather rude names. IE "You Sick f-word" " You're a racist f-word". I only got involved in that thread becuase I felt Turbo was not being fair to Tokkemon when he said this to Tokkemon "You're a horrible, miserable person. Go find something worth your time." When all I did was define graffiti and illiect from Oxford, MVH responds with "An a**hole is defined as a part of the body, but you seem to be acting like one right now. Seems contrary to the definition, really."

By the time realizm tells me I have to "live with it", I snapped. all the images from the past few months of our previous arguments flooded back in. and when you have a memory as sharp as mine can be, they come in in 1080p. Stop and Frisk. The finger print locks on the NYCHA buildings. Getting ridducled just for have a diffrent opinion. I had HAD IT.

BUT, I kept myself under control. I wanted to say mean and nasty things. But I didn't.

I only PM'ed realizm because he challenged me to directly defend myself, but I was busy and couldn't post before the thread was locked. I gave him a clear, consise version of my points going back the last six months, but he goes and proverbily tosses it aside without reading it and tells me to get over it. Not considering that his responce might only succede in getting me even MORE mad at him, and more likely to make posts such as this. Ignoreing a problem and hoping it's going to go away is only going to make it worse.

Let me clarify some things here again since you keep on going with this beat a dead horse issue in regards to insuboordinate racial pride.

First off in the stop and frisk thread you kept on alluding to the idea that all middleeastern persons must be considered terrorists, and that all blacks must be subject to search by default because they are black. This was despite all of the links and references and hard stats I have presented to you. 

Second, moving on to the new thread, namely the 5Pointz thread, you stated that graffiti is illicit. Fine. I did not call you out for it other then yes think out of the box a bit and debated your viewpoint. That was until you came out with this reference alluding to the biased notion that Jews and Italians are better then some of us minorities are. Along with stereotypical statements. Hence the reactions as a result. As a review, this was what you stated:

"I've already had one black guy threaten to shoot me for something stupid, I was trying to cross a street and was going too fast for his comfort.because his so called "culture" allows people to jump each other over minor crap, and then in responce shoot each other."

"The culture line is an end result of the stop and frisk argument from last summer. Un-realizm says cops need to be more "culturally sensitve". meanwhile the ones being stoped and frisked are the ones who fit the description of the people who would shoot up Bryant park over a jacket. Or attack a father, and end up shooting a one year old in the head."

"The only reason they are even in poverty it thay've gotten themsevles into a positve feedback loop of not giving a sh!t in life. thye can go to school, study hard, get good grades, get a good job and be happy. Or just stick to abject squalor. thier choice. All I want out of them is to pick the former, and run with it. obviously you don't."

"I don't remeber the italians or jews writing songs glorfying murder, rape and violence. meanwhile, turn on hot 97 and that makes up a sizable chunk of what they play."

I think its obvious to me why you received responses like that. See you need to recognize that your stormfront.org style of careful and subtle wording to explain overty racist thinking will NOT make the final cut in a discussion where it alludes to race . Look you got even the status update section on the homepage lit up now.

You brought this on yourself. Many others in two threads stated their views on grafitti art which is contrary to mine. However it was YOU that brought race into this one. 

Awaiting your response as I am seeking closure to this unnecessary discussion. 

Edited by realizm

Listen, you get yourself way too worked up on these things and there are some other members that do the same thing.  This is a forum.  I don't take any of this stuff too seriously.  The only time I got really worked up was when one member was trying to post where I lived at which was certainly crossing the line.  I've said it before, but it's my belief that some folks are a bit too sensitive with certain things and have a hard time allowing others to present their point of view without jumping all over them and ganging up on them as if to make them feel like sh*t for voicing a point of view that differs from the "majority" as if we're supposed to post based on whether or not everyone agrees with their point of view.  That's the one thing that I find very childish and it makes no sense.  

Do guess which neighborhood i went walking through today...

1453351_10202014378755380_510716847_n.jp

lol... You came all the way to Riverdale from Brownsville... Quite a hike...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Listen, you get yourself way too worked up on these things and there are some other members that do the same thing.  This is a forum.  I don't take any of this stuff too seriously.  The only time I got really worked up was when one member was trying to post where I lived at which was certainly crossing the line.  I've said it before, but it's my belief that some folks are a bit too sensitive with certain things and have a hard time allowing others to present their point of view without jumping all over them and ganging up on them as if to make them feel like sh*t for voicing a point of view that differs from the "majority" as if we're supposed to post based on whether or not everyone agrees with their point of view.  That's the one thing that I find very childish and it makes no sense.  

lol... You came all the way to Riverdale from Brownsville... Quite a hike...

I can understand what you are saying. It can be fustrating when you are expressing views that is only held in agreement in the minority. I have experienced situations like that myself. However it makes sense to me why Kamen Rider keeps on bringing this subject up literally as trollbait. Someone here is deliberately trying to create divisions among us here on the forums. Something that I will never endorse nor entertain. Speaking for myself and myself only, I will not tolerate it.

Edited by realizm

I can understand what you are saying. It can be fustrating when you are expressing views that is only held in agreement in the minority. I have experienced situations like that myself. However it makes sense to me why Kamen Rider keeps on bringing this subject up literally as trollbait. Someone here is deliberately trying to create divisions among us here on the forums. Something that I will never endorse nor entertain. Speaking for myself and myself only, I will not tolerate it.

Well I don't know anything about that so I can't and won't comment on it. Kamen has been around I believe prior to me joining.  He's outspoken to say the least, but I haven't seen anything to indicate to me at least that he's trying to do that.