Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

This unnecessary side topic ends here. I have developed a new thread as a personally written editorial that will touch upon all issues concerning social inequality and race relations based on Obama's recent speech. Thread can be found here: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/43547-president-obama-on-social-inequality/

We now return to our regularly scheduled program in the off topic random thoughts thread.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never knew a side topic was possible in an "off-topic random thought" thread. If it were, it defeats the purpose of an off-topic random though thread.

Just a random thought.

Yeah thanks for your enlightening knowledge shared in your post. Well appreciated. I must add, do you really understand what is going on here sometimes?

Edited by realizm

Of course I understand, this is a "Off-Topic Random Thought" thread.  I had a random though that was off-topic.  Are you sure you understand what is going on here sometimes?

Wake up, smell the coffee and get with the program. Many here don't appreciate undercover racist comments such as what we were reading here. In case you missed my point before, I would imagine you should now with my response.

Edited by realizm

Wake up, smell the coffee and get with the program. Many here don't appreciate undercover racist comments such as what we were reading here. In case you missed my point before, I would imagine you should now with my response.

All jokes aside, you obviously don't sense sarcasm in any of posts but since it's in text and not in person, I don't blame you.

Secondly of course people don't appreciate undercover racist or any racist comments for that matter.  Reason why I don't intervene in such topics anymore because they are entitled to their comments because of freedom of speech no matter how disgusting or retarded they may be. Someone's comment against another's comment won't change anything anymore in this technological world.  I would have assumed you would of gotten that by now.

*Edit - Furthermore, I rarely down-vote posts but of course I was impulsed by the first comment you left.  Only reason I didn't down-vote this one is because there is some relevance to what I was responding to.

Edited by peacemak3r

All jokes aside, you obviously don't sense sarcasm in any of posts but since it's in text and not in person, I don't blame you.

Funny you said that because many people here has already met me in person for rail-fanning and such. Ask around, they would gladly tell you.

Secondly of course people don't appreciate undercover racist or any racist comments for that matter.  Reason why I don't intervene in such topics anymore because they are entitled to their comments because of freedom of speech no matter how disgusting or retarded they may be. Someone's comment against another's comment won't change anything anymore in this technological world.  I would have assumed you would of gotten that by now.

*Edit - Furthermore, I rarely down-vote posts but of course I was impulsed by the first comment you left.  Only reason I didn't down-vote this one is because there is some relevance to what I was responding to.

You get 'impulsed' over the strangest things.

Freedom of speech may be protected by the First Amendment, but in adding to your line of reasoning keep in mind that the Civil Rights Act of 1964 also protects people from being subject to racial oppression. Check your college textbook(s) its all spelled out there for you.

Furthermore just as white supremacists have a right therefore to free speech (according to your jaded logic) so too those who despise racist terminology in all its forms subtle or overt, have just as much a right to speak against it. Protected by First Amendment rights I would imagine.

Edited by realizm

Cool story bro, but what you just said here has nothing to do with spotting sarcasm in a post.

Nice try. I just shattered your sarcasm.

BTW that was an off the top of my head random thought appropriate for this discussion I would think.

Edited by realizm

I have had a headache of Metra issues.

Yesterday, at union station, one of Amtraks switch frogs broke, alonm with a rail and a train blew a signal. All at rush hour. The Union pacific -west, the other line i take, was packed and delayed.

So what did I do? Called my dad and told him to grt me in Roselle, near his work. I made it home jn time. The delays on the Union Station lines were so bad, trains were 80 minutes late.

Now, im on a UP West train, with no power or heat. In 19 degree weather. Joy.

Sent from my iPhone 5c using Tapatalk

Keep telling yourself that buddy.

Now to relevant off-topic stuff. Mercedes-Benz, here I come. VG8 should appreciate that! Ha!

Ok very well. I'll tell myself that its best to simply disregard the intelligence lacking things that internet tough say in their egotistical overprojections of falsely conceived toughness, and hypermasculinity. With that in mind let start to make that resolve by not continuing to respond to your posts.

Mercedes-Benz, yes... Maybach, no... One of the ugliest "luxury" cars I've ever seen...

Indeed. Just an oversized Mercedes. I hope that line was discontinued. Lol, I think someone said the value of the car sinks rapidly in just a few years (no way anyone is making money from selling it used). They should stick with what works. Leave the luxury to Rolls Royce and Bentley.

I was thought the Fisker Karma was ugly in terms of "luxury" cars.  Maybach is eh...it's just an over-exaggerated S600 or something.

It doesn't look that bad (karma), but being a hybrid, it screams issue problems. It resembles more like a ferrari type than pure luxury.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Indeed. Just an oversized Mercedes. I hope that line was discontinued. Lol, I think someone said the value of the car sinks rapidly in just a few years (no way anyone is making money from selling it used). They should stick with what works. Leave the luxury to Rolls Royce and Bentley.

It doesn't look that bad (karma), but being a hybrid, it screams issue problems. It resembles more like a ferrari type than pure luxury.

Yes.  I've saw a few Rolls Royce and Bentley's in my time and they've all been in Midtown along 5th or Madison Avenue.  I have also seen a Lamborghini in Riverdale and several Maserati's on Staten Island near the Todt Hill area.

No I think the Karma is a full electric car no?

The Karma is a Hybrid... You can drive it in full electric mode or sport mode which has the engine and battery running it...

Speaking of the Karma, It's in GTA V known as the khamelion... (Any one get a reference that Rockstar did?) Only available in full electric though... It's only available for people who bought the Collector's Edition! It's a fun vehicle to drive but it's to quiet for me... I like to hear the power from a vehicle's engine when I drive vehicles...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01

I take it for the ability to sneak up on someone? I want the game badly, but at this point I'm waiting for the price to drop. I waited 2months+, the very least I want the price to go down $20. I'm not paying the $60 when I could've gotten it earlier. I may love the series, I'm not in any hurry to get it if the price isn't reasonable.

Yes.  I've saw a few Rolls Royce and Bentley's in my time and they've all been in Midtown along 5th or Madison Avenue.  I have also seen a Lamborghini in Riverdale and several Maserati's on Staten Island near the Todt Hill area.

To date, and in various places: Manhattan- RR (from classics to modern), Ferraris, 1 Maybach around the Madison sq park area.

Brooklyn- Bentley, Lamborgini (including the aventador that was sadly split into 2 a few months ago in the mill basin area), Maserati, 1 fisker karma.

Sometimes i see the same vehicle twice, but for the most part they've been by chance. The day I see a bugatti veyron on the city streets (driving down, not just for show), I'll be shocked. That's something I might chase after if i could lol.

For american cars, for years I've still yet to see a viper around other than in a showroom. But of course, there's no shortage of corvettes. I would love to see the Ford GT (based on the gt40), just love the design of that car. Pity Ford keeps pumping out their mustang line. I mean it was cool at the start, but now it's just so boring. Camero is ok and starting to grow on me the way the new Dodge Charger did when that started (i still do double stares if i see an nypd dodge charger).

No I think the Karma is a full electric car no?

I saw it featured on UK top gear, I think it's diesel powering the motors, Iirc.

Me neither. I guess with the GT Continental being 'sporty' it could be a cross b/w a Royce or a Ferrari. Basically the ppl that don't really fit in either category and wants something of both parts. Me personally [if i ever had the money], I'd take the Ferrari and run it on a track. With a Rolls Royce, i'd have to hire someone to drive it because the amenities are at the back even though I paid the money to buy the damn thing to drive. For that I may as well buy a regular lincoln/cadillac limo.

Speaking of overrated, what about the Jag F type? Supposed to be great, but with the high costs and stuff, it's just not worth it. I'd rather get an Aston Martin instead.

Speaking of overrated, what about the Jag F type? Supposed to be great, but with the high costs and stuff, it's just not worth it. I'd rather get an Aston Martin instead.

From what I've seen it looks great! But of course! Who wouldn't take an Aston Martin over a Jaguar? I for sure would definitely take the Aston!

Before leaning towards Mercedes, I was contemplating on picking up an old DB7 but my wallet would not maintain a V12 unfortunately.

It's freezing cold over there. Snowing and what not. This is how my Football team deals with the situation on thier training camp in Boulder:

Now there's another football team over at Boulder doing a training camp aswell. This is thier response to the snow:
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-12-05/dons-forced-inside-in-boulder
They've been doing thier fair share of ducking. They're the team thats currently under investigation for using performance enhancing drugs

Edited by Pakenhamtrain