Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've mentioned a few times around this forum that I wish to return to New York once more. This was originally supposed to happen over the (Canadian) Thanksgiving break, but due to financial problems my parents suggested we push it back to Easter, or some such time around there, so that is what we did.

However, my mom, lately has become very much opposed to the idea of me visiting New York again. She's paranoid that something will happen to me, mostly fuelled by the shootings, people being showed down into the trackway in the subway, and that whole bizzare episode of the bikers attacking that guy on the highway a few months back.

I've tried pointing out to her that there are hundreds of transit fans on this forum who have never had anything happen to them, but she remains unconvinced. Would anyone have any advice on how I am supposed to convince her?

NYC is one of the safest big cities in America...

Simply put, just don't go the residential areas in the hood and you'll be fine.

Also there's articles saying that NYC is one of the safest cities in America, you can find them via Google. So you could show her that in hopes it would change her mind.

Edited by trainfan22

Since when did a downvote become so serious anyway...

A wet monday evening...A peppermint cakepop...A grande cinnamon dolce frapp....A near empty bus uptown...Life's simple little pleasures...BEST. FRAPP. EVERRR.Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

The way i read it...

A wet monday evening...A peppermint cakepop...A grande cinnamon dolce fap....A near empty bus uptown...Life's simple little pleasures...BEST. FAP. EVERRR.Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Yeah i been working too much lol