Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...still on spring break.

Boy this felt like the longest non-summer break I've ever had!

Enjoy it while you can.

Myself as classes resumed, I already feel burnt. Then again my major course of study is not easy and the stress level is high. In general medical can be something else. Studying is hard, and the internships? Wow... it can wear you out even further. That said sleep and exercise is important, also making sure one lets him or herself do recreational activities here and there in a balanced way so as to cope with the stress for those in college taking intense majors such as nursing.

Sometimes I can end up with short term burnout and I have to force myself to go out for a run, or force myself to say hey have some fun a bit. Its needed. It will help a student majoring in one of the many healthcare professions actually perform better.

Enjoy it while you can.

Myself as classes resumed, I already feel burnt.  That said sleep and exercise is important, also making sure one lets him or herself do recreational activities here and there in a balanced way

Sometimes I can end up with short term burnout and I have to force myself to go out for a run, or force myself to say hey have some fun a bit.

Word...

Anywho...I was asked by my friend to name my [way] future child Jenna after her!? :huh::wacko:

Just realized the police activity 5 days ago by McDonald's in Coney Island was in response to 1 stabbing and a murder 6 days ago… a few blocks from my home at around the same time I was passing by the place. The real estate developers really need to price the riffraff out of the neighborhood.

Capturerrrrrrrr_zpsffb4ce94.jpgCapturerrr_zpsb09cff91.jpg

Medical marijuana could be legalized in New York this spring: advocates

BY GLENN BLAIN
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Sunday, April 27, 2014, 7:44 PM

Proponents of medical pot say newly revised legislation could be approved in Albany this year, which would make New York the 22nd state to legalize medical marijuana. Gov. Cuomo has hinted at his support, but opposition remains in the state Senate.

ALBANY — Medical marijuana may finally be growing on state lawmakers.

Bolstered by growing public acceptance and hints of support from Gov. Cuomo, proponents of pot as medicine believe newly re-drafted legislation will be approved in Albany this spring — making New York the 22nd state to legalize medical marijuana.

“We’re closer to this than we have ever been before,” said Gabriel Sayegh of Drug Policy Alliance.

Hoping to overcome the remaining opposition in the state Senate, advocates revised the legislation, placing tighter restrictions on how the drug can be used. The new version, introduced Friday, removed language that gave doctors freedom to prescribe pot for a wide array of symptoms.

Instead, the new version limits its use to about 20 serious conditions, including cancer, traumatic brain injury, AIDS, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and post-traumatic stress disorder.

The new version also prevents anyone under 21 from being able to smoke marijuana for medicinal purposes — though they could be prescribed the drug in other forms.

Link: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/medical-pot-approved-n-y-spring-advocates-article-1.1770928#ixzz30Bsq3Q9B

Edited by realizm

So the story goes that in my gym class, one person brings in music that plays on a radio. Lately, it's been the same person bringing in rap over and over again. I got tired of this, so I asked the teacher if I could bring in my own music to play, and he said yes (I brought in alt./pop rock music).

It happened today.

It lasted for 3 songs before some guy went and unplugged my phone in favor of his own, offering no explanation whatsoever after I confronted him about it (nor did he acknowledge I was speaking to him at all.)

Wow... :rolleyes:

So the story goes that in my gym class, one person brings in music that plays on a radio. Lately, it's been the same person bringing in rap over and over again. I got tired of this, so I asked the teacher if I could bring in my own music to play, and he said yes (I brought in alt./pop rock music).

It happened today.

It lasted for 3 songs before some guy went and unplugged my phone in favor of his own, offering no explanation whatsoever after I confronted him about it (nor did he acknowledge I was speaking to him at all.)

Man that was totally disrespectful on that. I would let the teacher know, that was just plain rude. With the prevalence of bullying in these parts, I would recommend that over confronting the student directly if he does that again. Stay safe.

It happened today.

This is the age of douchebaggery...

Man that was totally disrespectful on that. I would let the teacher know, that was just plain rude. With the prevalence of bullying in these parts, I would recommend that over confronting the student directly if he does that again.

You know, it never occured to me, but you're right, I guess it probably could be considered bullying. If he had at least bothered to tell me that he doesn't like the song, or acknowledged that I was speaking to him... :huh:

I'll bring in the songs again at some point (not up for a conflict just yet) and if a repeat of the event happens, I'll definitely notify the teacher.

Stay safe.

Thanks.

This is the age of douchebaggery...

Haha, I'll say. :lol:

It happened today.

People these days! I love rap, but this? He takes it so seriously like really?