Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Alright my yout, mi and dis fine gyal decide we waan fi go park, we went pon swing, pon slide, and even have good time a bounce pon teeter-totter. Buoy, it fun mi tell yuh. Been long since we frolic ina park. We sit dung a ground fi have lunch, afta lunch she waan fi go home, so we went to her house fi watch movie and sinting. Mi tell you, the gyal mus be one freak, cause she jump pon my lap and start suck out mi face. After 5 minute the blood clot phone ring and mi answer. One rated man come yell ina mi ear, man was livid! Him say sumthing like 'YO STAR, A WEH YOU A DO WIT MI PICKEY?' Mi just give one sour look pon my girl face and ask a wuh dis man business? Gyal tell me her dad ded, him ina ground, ded, ded, ded. A WHO DI BUMBACLOT DEH PON MY PHONE?

Edited by Joel Up Front

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Daily News:

Capture_zps1e020536.jpg

"A TV news reporter who blamed "anti-cop mentality" on "young black men growing up without fathers" in a shocking on-air report has reportedly been suspended.

Jersey City police officer Melvin Santiago was shot and killed responding to an armed robbery.

The comments made by News 12 reporter Sean Bergin followed Sunday's tragic shooting death of New Jersey police officer, Melvin Santiago. The suspected cop killer was described as boasting that he was "going to be famous" moments after the killing.

"We were besieged, flooded with calls from police officers furious that we would give coverage to the life of a cop killer," said Bergin at the start of his surprise editorial.

His retort to the outrage, however, was to blame it on the suspect's race.

"The underlying cause for all of this, of course: young black men growing up without fathers. Unfortunately, no one in the news media has the courage to touch that subject," he said."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/reporter-suspended-young-black-men-comments-report-article-1.1868069#ixzz37qICptTm

"The underlying cause for all of this, of course: young black men growing up without fathers. Unfortunately, no one in the news media has the courage to touch that subject," he said."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/reporter-suspended-young-black-men-comments-report-article-1.1868069#ixzz37qICptTm

He's right about the media not having balls to say things. The media should offend, but perhaps on more important issues. That's why Snowden chose to leak to overseas news outlets rather than US-based ones.

I have not been on here in ages :o

Finally left nASSau county. Why people find suburbia appealing is beyond me...

Levittown and by extension LI was almost like the archetype for post-war America.  Calmer and quieter than a city... that's all it was.  It was probably better when there was something anyone could call "industry" here, but when that all shut down, the surrounding towns went to shit.  Roosevelt was home to some sort of aircraft part manufacturer in WWII but when that closed, look what happened...

Just wondering if anyone recognizes this music? I was watching a programme tonight and this music was played in the background several times during the course of the episode. I KNOW I have heard it somewhere before, I was showered with waves of recognition but I have absolutely no idea where I've heard it from. Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/Legendary/status/493117010532786176

Follow

TFom52DO_bigger.pngLegendary

@Legendary

It's the news you've been waiting for. Monarch confirm Godzilla is not alone. Rodan! Mothra! King Ghidorah! #LegendarySDCC #SDCC

https://twitter.com/Legendary/status/493117150148583424

Follow

TFom52DO_bigger.pngLegendary

@Legendary

Joining #Godzilla in future franchise installments will be several other classic monsters from Toho Co. #LegendarySDCC #SDCC

What is with this guy Michael Bay & his fixation with pyrotechnics & explosions.... Jesus Christ....

I'm still cringing on what the new TMNT movie looks like. I know transformers has done well, but not everything from the 80s needs to be re imagined.  Some things are best left alone.

Edited by Grand Concourse

Why do carmakers of every make and model have to make shit so complicated?  Why do I have to remove the glovebox to get to an air filter?  Why is there no reset switch for the tire pressure?  Why do I have to remove half the engine to replace a hose the length of my thumb?

This and maintenance would be far more preferable than waiting 30-45 minutes for a bus out here.  The end of that chapter?  Work-in-progress....

• 2 weeks later...