Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Prague, the entirety of their Skoda 14 T tram fleet, which has been in service since 2005, has been sidelined out of service since last week due to a variety of technical problems. There are 60 trams in the fleet and they are considering selling them all off to cities in the former Soviet Union.

9606758381_fd41f7cc0d.jpg
DPHMP 9114 - 01 by t6a5iii, on Flickr

Hilarious. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

pfuSct1.jpg?1
Some of you might know of Andre Holmes who plays as a wide receiver in the NFL for Oakland. His brother, Jason took a much different route. He's went down under to play Aussie rules. He was picked up by my club as a rookie. He's spend most of the year playing in the twos' for Sandringham as a ruckman.

For the last two months I have been wondering about the origins of this song.

I found out that it came with Garageband from 5 separate sources, and since I don't have a Mac I couldn't do anything about it. Now I have a class that has Macs and I searched around all class for the file, but I couldn't find it. Two folders full of stock tracks and loops... and the song above (called "Flapper's Ball) was not in it.

WHAT THE HELL?!

From my inside sources here I've been told a lot of disparaging remarks have been said and exchanged here in an attempt to defame and simply slander the standing of a collaberative effort of mine that is the formation of a new organization.

Yeah, that one. The one that has been criticized almost unanimously, yet those criticisms have to be funneled via non direct sources. The one that has been called dormant, yet is the only one to be actively engaged in various third party transit projects.

Sure, I'm the bad guy. The individual who is acused of allowing trolling members and trolling personally, the individual acused of creating a forum with an environment the promiotes tension, the individual acused of turning a blind eye to offenses made by the members under my administration, and so on; etc, etc, etc.

But am I the one one who disrespects members? No. Do I talk behind ohers backs? No. Do you know who does?

I thought I'd do you all a favor by posting this: **Link Removed**

Yeah...

Edited by SevenEleven

From my inside sources here I've been told a lot of disparaging remarks have been said and exchanged here in an attempt to defame and simply slander the standing of a collaberative effort of mine that is the formation of a new organization.

Yeah, that one. The one that has been criticized almost unanimously, yet those criticisms have to be funneled via non direct sources. The one that has been called dormant, yet is the only one to be actively engaged in various third party transit projects.

Sure, I'm the bad guy. The individual who is acused of allowing trolling members and trolling personally, the individual acused of creating a forum with an environment the promiotes tension, the individual acused of turning a blind eye to offenses made by the members under my administration, and so on; etc, etc, etc.

But am I the one one who disrespects members? No. Do I talk behind ohers backs? No. Do you know who does?

Yeah...

Do you really think that Harry is running that?

Unreal.

Do you really think that Harry is running that?

Unreal.

I think it's funny that the guy had to steal from Harry to create his own page.  I mean sure he's allowed to use a similar template but come on.  That site looks almost like a spitting image of this one and it irks me that he doesn't even see that.  If he wants to make his own site and start his own thing, more power to him but don't steal from others to do it! Smh  <_<

In a few years, he'll grow up and take down the site out of embarrassment.

I'm not bothered either way, tbh.

I think it's funny that the guy had to steal from Harry to create his own page.  I mean sure he's allowed to use a similar template but come on.  That site looks almost like a spitting image of this one and it irks me that he doesn't even see that.  If he wants to make his own site and start his own thing, more power to him but don't steal from others to do it! Smh  <_<

I'm glad that this is at a point where you guys realize that without us having to tell you that. Turbo (and only Turbo) has been trying to throw shade at NYCTF ever since he got FBT going. I usually don't engage in the back and forth but hear this:

Yeah, that one. The one that has been criticized almost unanimously, yet those criticisms have to be funneled via non direct sources.

Rumors and hearsay otherwise is of course, going to be a non-direct source. You want a direct source, VG8 just called you out and now I am. (Doesn't get more direct than that does it?)

The one that has been called dormant, yet is the only one to be actively engaged in various third party transit projects.

You've got that, I give you that. We have a thorough transit discussion section. You guys have your highlight, we have ours.

Side Note: Just because we aren't actively discussing preservation like you guys do, does not mean that members are not involved. I'm personally involved in several preservation projects with other members of the forum.

Sure, I'm the bad guy.

Victim Card.

he individual who is acused of allowing trolling members and trolling personally, the individual acused of creating a forum with an environment the promiotes tension, the individual acused of turning a blind eye to offenses made by the members under my administration, and so on; etc, etc, etc.

Was this thought constructed before or after the incident with ScreechyFlange? Let me know since I didn't know it was okay to impersonate the staff of this forum with the intent of stirring trouble. You were "clueless" as you claim and I had to not only work damage control on this side, I had to do the detective work on your very own forum.[And] you mean to tell me that Screechy is still a part of your staff? Fallacies are something you definitely believe in.

I busted your own staff with proof. Sling the proof that that's Harry. You're running a forum, do you not know that this is Trolling 101...or 102... 201 maybe? To be honest, you're just screwing it up for your own forum. I haven't batted an eyelash towards those who support FBT. I mean I'm cool with it. You're trying to throw all this shade but you see none of us coming on your site and doing the same.

Try it again.

I'm not bothered either way, tbh.

I'm glad that this is at a point where you guys realize that without us having to tell you that. Turbo (and only Turbo) has been trying to throw shade at NYCTF ever since he got FBT going. I usually don't engage in the back and forth but hear this:

Rumors and hearsay otherwise is of course, going to be a non-direct source. You want a direct source, VG8 just called you out and now I am. (Doesn't get more direct than that does it?)

You've got that, I give you that. We have a thorough transit discussion section. You guys have your highlight, we have ours.

Side Note: Just because we aren't actively discussing preservation like you guys do, does not mean that members are not involved. I'm personally involved in several preservation projects with other members of the forum.

Victim Card.

Was this thought constructed before or after the incident with ScreechyFlange? Let me know since I didn't know it was okay to impersonate the staff of this forum with the intent of stirring trouble. You were "clueless" as you claim and I had to not only work damage control on this side, I had to do the detective work on your very own forum.[And] you mean to tell me that Screechy is still a part of your staff? Fallacies are something you definitely believe in.

I busted your own staff with proof. Sling the proof that that's Harry. You're running a forum, do you not know that this is Trolling 101...or 102... 201 maybe? To be honest, you're just screwing it up for your own forum. I haven't batted an eyelash towards those who support FBT. I mean I'm cool with it. You're trying to throw all this shade but you see none of us coming on your site and doing the same.

Try it again.

As for the whole staff impersonation, that's been dealt with as I've reminded some on our place to chill out, before me and Friday have to take drastic measures. As for Screechy and Turbo, let's just say me and Friday shut both of them up over that garbage.

We also cut our ties with certain users in the process and it was wise to do so. They weren't helping our site and instigated many more issues that took place on the site further. For the last few months, it's been a learning experience when starting a site. It also makes you question who you trust and who you don't trust at all. 

As for whoever created that site, who knows who did it. None of my staff on FBT did it, otherwise I'd have their head for it. There is a lot of other people that don't like this site or the staff either.

Some have literally expressed that on other forums before. Had no idea that blog even existed until I saw it posted on a Facebook group, which was pretty much a WTF moment there. Whatever happens, happens for that situation.

As for the reason why we left, it wasn't because of any user here. Any users we've had issues with, we've either made amends with or moved on from them. We essentially left here on our own in that respect, since we wanted to branch out. For the most part, it's paid off despite not many users signing up. Ta ta for now everyone.

Edited by DJ MC

They did change up the template quite a bit, but it is the IP.Board software.

Funny how the old TTMG Forums used IP.Board but no one was saying anything there or here about how both used IP.B. In fact you could say NYCTF "stole" from them since they were first to use IP.B. Course NYCTF had to find a new forum software after the Vbulletin hacks, but by that logic since they picked IP.B they "stole" from TTMG.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

They did change up the template quite a bit, but it is the IP.Board software.

Funny how the old TTMG Forums used IP.Board but no one was saying anything there or here about how both used IP.B. In fact you could say NYCTF "stole" from them since they were first to use IP.B. Course NYCTF had to find a new forum software after the Vbulletin hacks, but by that logic since they picked IP.B they "stole" from TTMG.

Well from what I saw I'd say they stole quite a bit.  That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.  lol

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Why are we even talking about stuff that shouldn't affect our lives? Members left, made a forum, closed the forum, and may or may not have come back. Big f-----g deal.

Anyways....anyone know a store other than IKEA for like..office workstation type of desks? I've tried Office Depot but their selection seems....dull.

Anyways....anyone know a store other than IKEA for like..office workstation type of desks? I've tried Office Depot but their selection seems....dull.

One other place I can think of is Gothic Cabinet Craft. There's another place I had in mind but the name escapes me at the moment.

There's a Gothic Cabinet Craft right around the corner on my block with well built furniture. Prices are not bad at all. Definitely recommend it too.

Edited by realizm