Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are we even talking about stuff that shouldn't affect our lives? Members left, made a forum, closed the forum, and may or may not have come back. Big f-----g deal.

Anyways....anyone know a store other than IKEA for like..office workstation type of desks? I've tried Office Depot but their selection seems....dull.

National Liquidators on Northern in Woodside has good stuff. Pretty sure they have other locations too.

Azusa-Yamamoto-desktopsky-75906_zps62234

Dear kitten:

Why are you so hot damn beautiful? Yes you are my shining light...

If only I could just touch your lips That would mean I’m within arms length of you...
If just only I could just kiss your lips That would mean I’m within lips length of you..
If I could be inside your lips... That would mean...Umm nevermind...
Yes, you gorgeous little kitten, my heart aches for you,

My love...

Edited by realizm

Dear kitten:

Why are you so hot damn beautiful? Yes you are my shining light...

If only I could just touch your lips That would mean I’m within arms length of you...

If just only I could just kiss your lips That would mean I’m within lips length of you..

If I could be inside your lips... That would mean...Umm nevermind...

Yes, you gorgeous little kitten, my heart aches for you,

My love...

God damn dude. You go nuts over asians no joke! 

WHY?

If you referring to me,

Hey, it's an off topic section. We can comment, post whatever the hell we feel if it isn't extreme -.-

I'm saying this as a good friend, so dont take this the wrong way, but you do realize I am Asian, so I would imagine as if its really an issue that I would be naturally attracted to Asian women. You saw my status on Facebook.

I guess one of the reasons why I had a surge of Asian pride as of late was because I did find old family photos which I shared on Facebook. Its been years since I ever looked at my grandfather. The lady on the right is my aunt and his daughter, shes also mixed Asian (Indian/Chinese) much like myself.

10698457_302994713225580_629664521290826

10702117_302994709892247_283000048618812

Edited by realizm

If you referring to me,

Hey, it's an off topic section. We can comment, post whatever the hell we feel if it isn't extreme -.-

Since you quoted me, you're referring to me. But hey, it's an off topic section, I ALSO can comment and post whatever the hell I want.

I should start posting up sarcasm tags as some of you guys are obviously oblivious to them.

Verizon Fi0S is now available for me. Yay!!

I don't know if I should stay with Optimum until next year because I have a one year deal with them. But then again, HBO, Cinemax and HD DVR combined made my bill too expensive... I pay bills anyways, so...  :mellow:

Total up the costs of staying and the costs of switching. Work it out any you'll get your answer.

Also factor in the cost of slower speed. Slower speed costs you time (and possibly money). I utilize a lot of upload bandwidth, so FiOS' symmetrical speeds (equal download and upload) are a must-have for me.

I don't know if I should stay with Optimum until next year because I have a one year deal with them. But then again, HBO, Cinemax and HD DVR combined made my bill too expensive... I pay bills anyways, so...  :mellow:

Screw Optimum. I'm fine keeping TWC here over FiOS but if I was in Optimum country I'd get FiOS in a heartbeat. Awful company, awful service, don't understand why everyone in Optimum country chooses them over FiOS while everyone in TWC country gets FiOS.

From my inside sources here I've been told a lot of disparaging remarks have been said and exchanged here in an attempt to defame and simply slander the standing of a collaberative effort of mine that is the formation of a new organization.

Yeah, that one. The one that has been criticized almost unanimously, yet those criticisms have to be funneled via non direct sources. The one that has been called dormant, yet is the only one to be actively engaged in various third party transit projects.

Sure, I'm the bad guy. The individual who is acused of allowing trolling members and trolling personally, the individual acused of creating a forum with an environment the promiotes tension, the individual acused of turning a blind eye to offenses made by the members under my administration, and so on; etc, etc, etc.

But am I the one one who disrespects members? No. Do I talk behind ohers backs? No. Do you know who does?

I thought I'd do you all a favor by posting this: **Link Removed**

Yeah...

Well well I think we have a problem...

I have Optimum and have FiOS available but I'm staying with Optimum. Why? Majority of my block switched to FiOS so that's clear bandwidth for me. Plus the rate I'm paying for is far less  than FiOS and the speed is double. Yeah fiber optics is better but, I'm comfortable with my speed.

Screw Optimum. I'm fine keeping TWC here over FiOS but if I was in Optimum country I'd get FiOS in a heartbeat. Awful company, awful service, don't understand why everyone in Optimum country chooses them over FiOS while everyone in TWC country gets FiOS.

Don't let this opinion defer your decision. I've actually had good customer service and good service overall. Another thing, I've worked for Verizon for some time and you've just been lucky to hit some "good" customer support, most of customer support tech I know are dicks and just plays by the book with no wiggle room.

I have Optimum and have FiOS available but I'm staying with Optimum. Why? Majority of my block switched to FiOS so that's clear bandwidth for me. Plus the rate I'm paying for is far less  than FiOS and the speed is double. Yeah fiber optics is better but, I'm comfortable with my speed.

Don't let this opinion defer your decision. I've actually had good customer service and good service overall. Another thing, I've worked for Verizon for some time and you've just been lucky to hit some "good" customer support, most of customer support tech I know are dicks and just plays by the book with no wiggle room.

That's the same situation in my building. Majority of the building has FiOS now and I don't have any issues with TWC as far as speed and whatnot go. We never did even before FiOS was wired, but with the recent speed upgrades TWC's never been better here.

Meanwhile where my mom lives (NJ) it's a development of 90+ homes with only about 3 (hers included) on FiOS, the rest Optimum. Optimum was sh*t there, slow and went out all the time and no matter how many times the guy would come out to swap out the modem or whatever it would still be the same sh*t. They said it was the wiring in the house and not their end, but FiOS works fine over the same wiring so I'm leaning towards their network being overloaded with all the idiots there who stick by them even with the bills constantly going up and sh*t service that they see and complain about but pretend there's no other option. The customer service was sh*t too and were complete a**holes especially when we called to cancel and went in to bring back the boxes, they kept bringing up offers even after we said the decision was final and to just cut the service. I'm just happy they've never sent back door to door sales (hear horror stories about their harassment) after we told the guy to get out and not come back or sent anything in the mail for a while.

As a former technical support, changing out the modem does not always fix things. It actually could be the wiring in the home and/or outside. Also, if cable doesn't work well at one's home but FiOS does, you have to remember they are two totally different connections. That's like saying, yeah, this Manhattan clam chowder isn't cooked right, but this New England chowder is perfect. It's completely. different.

And like I've said before, just because you've had a bad experience with customer support does not mean the entire company has bad customer support. I've also noted that Verizon has shit customer support.