Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

My personal favorite 90's cartoons were South Park & Beavis & Butthead hands down.

I agree. And hell, even the new South Park episodes are, well,...........not funny.

The crap luck I get with my Xbox 360

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvwBufYPOAI

*note: profanity in the subtitling. I was pissed off.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disney sucks for their lame editing of the 90s shows like Superman, etc. They made random cuts cuz some scenes were too violent. Total Bs.
Anything presented on Network Television, especially movies with objectionable content excised, sucks, which is why I prefer to watch them on premium channels. :tup:

Disney Channel is notorious for editing minor stuff out.

Sadly, television is not the same as it used to be :P
Yep, crappy cartoons, excessive advertising, editing movies for time for content, etc. That says everything.

I gave up watching network television channels since they went down the drain. As for cartoons themselves, they are of inferior quality, especially Pokemon.

Its a beaytiful day outside and im stuck babysitting...damn

Okay what's faster, the Q24 or Q56?

depends on the time of the day, but most of the time its the Q24

And does the B25 go slow?

take the (A) or (C)...the B25 is a nightmare between Franklin Av & Utica Av/Malcolm X Blvd cuz of the double parked cars and school kids

Trying to be there and back in 3.5 hours.

I'm tempted to try the J train (then transfer) but I never rode it plus I hate outside subways.

you'll be better off taking the (J) to the (A)...the (J) is a nice trip and goes by some pretty neat places like ENY depot/yard, Crescent St S-curve, Franklin Lane H.S (the school that's literally in Bklyn & Queens), and the old LIRR Woodhaven branch (I think that's what its called) between Woodhaven Blvd and 104 St

Replies in bold...I use the (J)/Q24 whenever im comming from Queens and I used to take the B25 to/from school.

Today's main 3 of kids shows = shit. [Adult swim is the only good thing about CN]

Disney XD = shit. It was fine when it was Toon Disney, but apparently ABC Family and Disney channel aren't enough for them. The only good thing about XD is the new Avengers series, but nothing else.

Although the new network the Hub, is too kiddie, I do love them for bringing back: MIB, Batman Beyond and the original Transformers shows. Other than that, not really that big a deal.

Also bought a skull mask and a scythe for the hell of it. Not sure if i'm going out on Halloween [some costume party], but at least I have something to go out in.

Guest lance25

@GC: If I recall correctly, the reason behind the rebranding of Toon Disney to DisneyXD was to attract prepubescent boys because apparently little girls don't watch cartoons. The fact that The Proud Family and Kim Possible lasted for several years was obviously a coincidence. Idiots.;)

I don't know if anyone has checked out the new Hub channel (rebranded Discovery Kids), but don't let the kiddie aspect of the channel fool you. Apparently, after 6pm, the network turns into a combo of what Nick @ Nite tries to be (but fails miserably at) and early 2000s Cartoon Network.