Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Yeah it is pretty simple overall but there were a few questions that almost got me. "How long does it take for the body to get rid of 12 ounces of beer" (not worded correctly) was a little tricky but everything was fresh in my mind since I had just read the important things while we were waiting. I think the body gets rid of .2 ounces of alcohol an hour but then again beer isn't 100% alcohol. I have a feeling I got that one wrong though, I chose "a whole day" (or was it 24 hours?).

They have these very questions online, as long as you remember them [and get the right answer], the test itself should be easy. I had no problems with it. I just took my time to make sure I didn't mess anything up as it was 'too easy'.

For the road test: if it is based on SI, I recommend that one, as it was pretty easy and not as many traffic to deal with. My cousin didn't do to well when he had to take the test in Queens.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oops, I tripped on the subway stair....time to sue :o

Lol its pointless to sue just cuz you fell on the stairs out of your own stupidity...now in my (hypothetical) case, a piece of their equipment fell on me without me knowing so that's a good case for a lawsuit right there :)

Lol its pointless to sue just cuz you fell on the stairs out of your own stupidity...now in my (hypothetical) case, a piece of their equipment fell on me without me knowing so that's a good case for a lawsuit right there :o

Well who said why I tripped. What if it was a broken stair? thought so :)

They have these very questions online, as long as you remember them [and get the right answer], the test itself should be easy. I had no problems with it. I just took my time to make sure I didn't mess anything up as it was 'too easy'.

For the road test: if it is based on SI, I recommend that one, as it was pretty easy and not as many traffic to deal with. My cousin didn't do to well when he had to take the test in Queens.

If I took the permit test in Queens (I did) does that mean the road test has to be in Queens?

I'd much rather prefer Long Island.

Carbon and harp from the trolley slider that is used on the R17 to take power from the trolley wires up at the Shore Line Trolley Museum. The one on the left is the one that was on it and replaced with the one on the right.

Ouch. Looks like it went to hell and came back.

If I took the permit test in Queens (I did) does that mean the road test has to be in Queens?

I'd much rather prefer Long Island.

I don't think so. I took my permit test at the DMV place at 34th-HS. There's a local driving school in my area and the teacher was the one who recommended SI and I picked it as well based on what my cousin told me.

They said love is like a toy. When it's new, it's so loved and don't want to lend it to others, doesn't want anybody touching it and don't want to let go of it. Yes, it's being taken care of, but the down side is, it's being played so many times.

This sounds like Bobby & Whitney B) Free Bobby Brown ....:pThats my perog..

I miss the summer's worth of photos I lost due to a failed hard drive

lastsmartreading.png

I noticed the WD name in the bar there... I've heard different things about different WD drives... and I'm looking into one to back up/keep stuff on because this PC's main HDD is running out of space and the disconnected spare 250 GB? How the hell will I connect that?

I'm trying to look for one but I don't want to have one s[Orion VII NG kneeler alarm] out on me.

I noticed the WD name in the bar there... I've heard different things about different WD drives... and I'm looking into one to back up/keep stuff on because this PC's main HDD is running out of space and the disconnected spare 250 GB? How the hell will I connect that?

I'm trying to look for one but I don't want to have one s[Orion VII NG kneeler alarm] out on me.

1) Screw the Western Digital Corporation. Their hard drives used to be good. I have one of them old Caviars that still work.

WD_AC31200.jpg

Call me old fashioned, whatever B)

2) You're looking for an external enclosure. You can find them cheap on various websites, or you could just go to a technology shop.

3) You think 1 WD drive is bad?

wdhell.png

how bout them apples?

4) Turn on laptop, see this:

deadbatt.png

What do you do?