Off-topic Random Thoughts Thread

EE Broadway Local

Some T/Os will do that. Switches have a limit, and may have been right at that limit, if he was going 40mph its safe to say you guys would have derailed.

The switches in the subway arent high speed swtiches. Now PATCO they take swtiches pretty fast and you wont even notice it unless your paying attention.

• Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was in the last car on the (F) heading N/B when the t/o raced through that switch between Bergen St and Jay St. Everybody in that packed car went flying, I thought the train was going to derail. I mean from the sounds the wheels made as it hit the switch was unforgettable.

TSS are going to start banging guys in for that. There's a reason why the switch speed is what it is and what's the point to going so fast, get to the terminal early?

TSS are going to start banging guys in for that. There's a reason why the switch speed is what it is and what's the point to going so fast, get to the terminal early?

I always thought that to be a t/o, you must have some patience. For ex when some t/o's go through a turn they abide by the speed limit but two cars or so before the resume speed marker they put the train into full throttle. Doesn't that affect the rails or flanges?

I always thought that to be a t/o, you must have some patience. For ex when some t/o's go through a turn they abide by the speed limit but two cars or so before the resume speed marker they put the train into full throttle. Doesn't that affect the rails or flanges?

I think that grinds down the rails, not too sure. But on the subject of speeding....West Farms Sq. curve - 20 MPH

I accidentally ripped the top of a bag of Goldfish a bit too much. If I leave it alone, they'll go stale, but if I eat them all and then my sister, who needs them for snacks for track, finds out, I won't really give a shit.

I hate Goldfish. They have no flavor, and my mouth feels dry after I eat them.

Smh I thought someone really drowned. I mean I'm glad no one did but you shouldn't title a thread like that.

In other news my pattern of sleep is completely thrown off (ex: I'm up at 4:48 AM). Goodnight/morning.

Ignore those stupid threads. People just love to stir up trouble unnecessarily. I'm glad that thread got locked.

Going fast through a switch beats the sh*t out of the rails and if it becomes a big problem, they will start putting timers in the area. Sometimes, the even send out a TSS with a radar gun to get trains going too fast.

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/4.6.1.259 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Is this glitch or photoshop?

Lol its real...I found this at Penn Station on the uptown (1) platform after I got off work today. the time also said 6 a.m but I didn't get a picture of that since the train was comming

RIP

1973 (April 29th)

70(8) :cry: :cry:

1988 (December 11th)

70(AA)-(K)

1976 (Friday August 27th)

70(EE) :cry:

(H)(S) Rockaway Park Shuttle will always be (H) to 70(EE) :tup:

1976 (Friday August 227th)

70(K)

2010 (Friday June 25th)

(Mx)

<Q>

(Q6Av)

<R>

1975 (Sunday May 11th)

70(SS)-Culver

1978(not sure) (Sunday January 13, 1977)

70(SS)-South Ferry

2010 (Friday June 25th)

(W) :cry:

2010 (Friday June 25th)

(V)

2010 (Friday June 25th)

Montague Street Tunnel (Broad Street to Court Street)

(C) was switched to 168th Street-Broadway; (B) was switched to Bedford Park Boulevard/145th Street

70(E) was switched to World Trade Center; 70(CC) was switched to Euclid Avenue/Beach 116th Street Rockaway Park

70(F) was cancelled as a Jay Street-Borough Hall - Church Avenue express and became a local; 70(GG) was cut back to Smith-Ninth Streets.

(2) 5 were switched to Brooklyn College-Flatbush Avenue; 3 4 were switched to Utica Avenue/New Lots Avenue

2 was switched to East 241st Street; 5 was switched to Dyre Avenue

(Z) got lucky

I added a little more information.