NYC Transit rolls out bus safety partition plan

CPBO

NYC Transit will soon start installing partitions separating drivers from passengers, nearly a year after a bus driver was stabbed to death, officials said.

One hundred buses will get the L-shaped barriers in a pilot program in Brooklyn to see how they hold up, agency spokesman Charles Seaton said.

If it's successful, the agency will outfit hundreds of other buses with the protective see-through shields, Seaton said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2009/11/13/2009-11-13_nyc_transit_rolls_out_bus_safety_partition_plan.html#ixzz0XDe78AXH

post-530-133288581162_thumb.jpg

Bus operators' new shields. My message to those who assault a bus operator: Assaulting a bus operator is a felony and you'll be subjected to seven years in prison. I think (MTA) Bus should get this protection too, as well as (MTA) Long Island Bus.

My question is why the hell would someone want to assault a bus driver out of all people?! There is just no point in it! All they do is drive the damn bus!

Personally I think any serious attack of any civil service employee such as cops, firefighters, transit workers, sanitation, etc. while they are on the job should automatically be life in prison with the option to voluntarily take the death penalty instead at any time during the sentence.

Personally I think any serious attack of any civil service employee such as cops, firefighters, transit workers, sanitation, etc. while they are on the job should automatically be life in prison with the option to voluntarily take the death penalty instead at any time during the sentence.

Only if that worker dies in the attack, should that be the offender's punishment.

Only if that worker dies in the attack, should that be the offender's punishment.

I think that should be the case with every crime from battery on up. There is absolutely no excuse why it's necessary to harm someone who is providing the public a service while they are at work.

sounds about right to me......

Archived