ALP-46A unveiled

ziemon

• 4 weeks later...

I hope NJT or some railroad saves the ALP44's. I'm sure a couple agencies could use them after a rebuild. I can think of a few niches they could fill. Montreal, SEPTA, maybe even MBTA's Providence line.

yes, they are keeping the ALP-44M's, but they are retiring the others (O's and E's). I'd personally still like to see the M's rebuilt...

The option order of the ALP-44s is also staying (the order between the ALP-44M and the first 24 ALP-44s). Also Fan Railer, what happened to engine 4630?

The "o" 44's are the option i believe.

CSX was moving the locos on a dockside track, 4629 was on a transport car to go to CO, 4630 was on the rails to be towed. The trucks on 4629 were locked to be secure on the transport car, unfortunately 4630 still had its trucks locked when they tried to round a curve.... Loco went straight, off onto the dockside pavement, they re-railed it, and after hearing of a second derailment on crappy rails made it to the MMC. 4629 is half way to colorado by now.

- A

CSX does not work the port of Newark other than intermodal, the crew was a CSAO crew and the power was an NS unit, that is all I can divulge other than what is known after talking to a dispatcher friend at CSAO. Originally it had been thought to have been a CSX unit by me, the only involvement CSX has is in moving the unit that is going to Pueblo and finally delivery to the MMC.

CSX does not work the port of Newark other than intermodal, the crew was a CSAO crew and the power was an NS unit, that is all I can divulge other than what is known after talking to a dispatcher friend at CSAO. Originally it had been thought to have been a CSX unit by me, the only involvement CSX has is in moving the unit that is going to Pueblo and finally delivery to the MMC.

Thank you for that info.

- A

I hope NJT or some railroad saves the ALP44's. I'm sure a couple agencies could use them after a rebuild. I can think of a few niches they could fill. Montreal, SEPTA, maybe even MBTA's Providence line.

Montreal's AMT would only need to lease them for 1-2 years as they would have their new Dual Modes for the new line that they would been needed for

Montreal's AMT would only need to lease them for 1-2 years as they would have their new Dual Modes for the new line that they would been needed for

After the lease they could be sent out west with the E60's to haul coal/iron ore. :)

- A

• 1 month later...

Archived