Bee-line career questions

TransitMan23

I have a few questions about bus drivers openings if anyone knows. :tup:..

1. what is the starting pay?
  2. whats the top pay?
  3. how long does it take to get to top pay?
  4. the hiring process?
  5. where and how do u apply?
  6. what are the riquirements?
  7. and how long does it take for bee-line to call u for the job?

I have a few questions about bus drivers openings if anyone knows. :tup:..

1. what is the starting pay?

2. whats the top pay?

3. how long does it take to get to top pay?

4. the hiring process?

5. where and how do u apply?

6. what are the riquirements?

7. and how long does it take for bee-line to call u for the job?

Go to 475 Saw Mill River Rd. The Bee-Line 8 stops there. for stuff about hiring here are some http://www.libertylines.com/content/careers.html. Also PM articulated450. He can tell you some things........

• 2 weeks later...
yea feel free to ask away. just a question do you have your class B CDL with A and P endorsements A=Air Brakes P=Passenger endorsement.and i hope you have a clean driving record.just pm and i answer all your questions.:cool:

yeah i do..i just got it today i still have to wait for them to mail the bp cdl license..

yea feel free to ask away. just a question do you have your class B CDL with A and P endorsements A=Air Brakes P=Passenger endorsement.and i hope you have a clean driving record.just pm and i answer all your questions.:cool:

Yeah but can anyone answer the question's he asked mainly about starting pay, top pay and average salary per year. I know people that are interested in working with liberty lines and ask me these questions all the time. So any info would be great thanx in advance.

• 1 month later...

ok when hired you will start out at 20$ an hour and after three years will go up to 30$ an hour.plus overtime hours included.thats how it was for me when i was hired i know some guys that have 34 years on the job and maxed out around 33$ an hour.when you go to saw mill river road they will tell you all you need to know.oh and make sure you bring you drivers abstract to even be considered.and the process of training is you will be training for two months.you will be with one instructer and four other drivers they do training as a group.the first day they will tell you a bit about the job and have you fill out some forms and all.then they will take you to the buses and have everyone be able to show the instructer how to inspect the bus before departure.after that you will have a bit of on the road driving on some of the routes.they will have you making buses stops as you normaly would.then after the first day the most they will be doing is keeping an eye on your inspections and driving.an then learning all those nice routes.training is up to two months.its not really two months they give you two months to get the hang of everything the routes and everything else.if it come to the end of two months they will give you the tap onn the side and say good bye.but mostly everything will be explained if you are hired and a interview is set up.

ok when hired you will start out at 20$ an hour and after three years will go up to 30$ an hour.plus overtime hours included.thats how it was for me when i was hired i know some guys that have 34 years on the job and maxed out around 33$ an hour.when you go to saw mill river road they will tell you all you need to know.oh and make sure you bring you drivers abstract to even be considered.and the process of training is you will be training for two months.you will be with one instructer and four other drivers they do training as a group.the first day they will tell you a bit about the job and have you fill out some forms and all.then they will take you to the buses and have everyone be able to show the instructer how to inspect the bus before departure.after that you will have a bit of on the road driving on some of the routes.they will have you making buses stops as you normaly would.then after the first day the most they will be doing is keeping an eye on your inspections and driving.an then learning all those nice routes.training is up to two months.its not really two months they give you two months to get the hang of everything the routes and everything else.if it come to the end of two months they will give you the tap onn the side and say good bye.but mostly everything will be explained if you are hired and a interview is set up.

so how long is the hiring process? how long does it take them to call u?

so how long is the hiring process? how long does it take them to call u?

well first it might take up to one or two months but if you have a recommendation from another operater allready on the job it would take up to a month.then when you are called they will set up a date and time for your interview dont sweat it i was a little nervous myself since it was a step up from MTA.they just ask you a few questions and they want to hear you side and why you want to Be part of the Team.then after the interview if you hit you luck they will tell you to come back in a week later so they can just photo copy you licence.and fill out some more paper work toget you settled in.then they wil give you a date for orientation witch you and a group of other people that where picked for training.then they will give you the address to get fitted for you uniform {important}they give you a plain uniform no patches yet.when you pass training then they will give you the actual uniform with patchs.training like i said before can last up to two months if needed.its not all that hard just show them you are Liberty Material and your good:cool:

well first it might take up to one or two months but if you have a recommendation from another operater allready on the job it would take up to a month.then when you are called they will set up a date and time for your interview dont sweat it i was a little nervous myself since it was a step up from MTA.they just ask you a few questions and they want to hear you side and why you want to Be part of the Team.then after the interview if you hit you luck they will tell you to come back in a week later so they can just photo copy you licence.and fill out some more paper work toget you settled in.then they wil give you a date for orientation witch you and a group of other people that where picked for training.then they will give you the address to get fitted for you uniform {important}they give you a plain uniform no patches yet.when you pass training then they will give you the actual uniform with patchs.training like i said before can last up to two months if needed.its not all that hard just show them you are Liberty Material and your good:cool:

thanks aot...do u know what hours i will work when i start? do u think i can still work my part time job?

• 1 month later...
yup im so tired of this bull crap

Sometimes you have to wait for a good place like Liberty Lines, and MTA. In the meanwhile if possible, start calling charter bus companies, like Academy and Coach USA. Even try NJT. Do some work with them (it helps to get the hang of driving a bus and/or motorcoach), while still staying as a Traffic Checker at MTA..........

Don't put all the eggs in one basket. Might have to go to lower paying companies at the beginning, while waiting for a better company to come through. Put in an application at Liberty if you can do it anyways. Like the lotto, you never know.........

It took me 3 and 1/2 years to get hired as a B/O for OA after filing for that in 2003, and 5 and 1/2 years for T/O from the time I took that exam also in 2003. I didn't get the B/O until 2006, and T/O in 2008.........

Archived