Railfanning Trip on 12/23/2009

Even though its a month early I thought I'll start this thread about an Railfanning trip on 12/23/2009.

1. We meet up at 9th Avenue (D)(M) Station at 11:45 AM

Then we take the (D) To Pacific Street for the (3).

We ride the (3) Train to New Lots Avenue and back down to Pacific Street.

Then we'll get on an (:P Train to Broadway-Lafette Street.

We'll ride the (6) To Brooklyn Bridge for the (5) And take the (5) To Fulton Street Then we'll take an R32 (A)(C) Train through Washington Heights and Inwood. Then we take the (1) From W 168th Street to W 242nd Street. And ride it back down to W 168th Street and end our trip their.

The following stations we'll be stopping at for photos is

Atlantic Avenue-Pacfic Street (B)(D)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(2)(3)(4)(5)

Rockaway Avenue (3)

Junius Street (3)

New Lots Avenue (3)

Broadway-Lafette Street (B)(D)(F)(V)

Fulton Street

W 207th Street

W 168th Street

W 225th Street

W 242nd Street (1)

So whoever is coming or think they can come please reply in thread.

Even though its a month early I thought I'll start this thread about an Railfanning trip on 12/23/2009.

1. We meet up at 9th Avenue (D)(M) Station at 11:45 AM

Then we take the (D) To Pacific Street for the (3).

We ride the (3) Train to New Lots Avenue and back down to Pacific Street.

Then we'll get on an (:P Train to Broadway-Lafette Street.

We'll ride the (6) To Brooklyn Bridge for the (5) And take the (5) To Fulton Street Then we'll take an R32 (A)(C) Train through Washington Heights and Inwood. Then we take the (1) From W 168th Street to W 242nd Street. And ride it back down to W 168th Street and end our trip their.

The following stations we'll be stopping at for photos is

Atlantic Avenue-Pacfic Street (B)(D)(M)(N)(Q)(R)(2)(3)(4)(5)

Rockaway Avenue (3)

Junius Street (3)

New Lots Avenue (3)

Broadway-Lafette Street (B)(D)(F)(V)

Fulton Street

W 207th Street

W 168th Street

W 225th Street

W 242nd Street (1)

So whoever is coming or think they can come please reply in thread.

Holy moly you are actually going somewhere. But I could have sworn you've done a similar trip like this once before, and choose new stations other than Atlantic Ave & Broadway Lafayette to take shots, you've done that quite a few times already.

Also, during railfan trips the photo locations actually utilized are usually different than the ones you plan to stop at. So focus on the lines, do a little research on the stations you're going to pass through, and decide where you should stop for photos during the actual trip. You should have a general idea where you are going to stop beforehand, though.

Also, during railfan trips the photo locations actually utilized are usually different than the ones you plan to stop at. So focus on the lines, do a little research on the stations you're going to pass through, and decide where you should stop for photos during the actual trip. You should have a general idea where you are going to stop beforehand, though.

those are the stations I'm going to pass by.

Out of curiousity, have you ever done the (F) in Brooklyn?

Thats a good idea the IND Culver or even the IND Far Rockaway Line even if its up to Rockaway Blvd/Lefferts.. I'd rather skip the (D) and do one of those since you have done a lot of (;)(D)..

I already did the Culver back in July And I told you guys I'm not into the Far Rockaways

But why not? What could be better than a 8-minute stretch from Howard Beach to Broad Channel, with a 32 (A) hauling at 50 MPH???

I already did the Culver back in July And I told you guys I'm not into the Far Rockaways

You have to try it at least once (on an R32) before being able to say you're not into it.

Thats a good idea the IND Culver or even the IND Far Rockaway Line even if its up to Rockaway Blvd/Lefferts.. I'd rather skip the (D) and do one of those since you have done a lot of (:P(D)..

The (D) has a very nice photo op at 9th Ave. though, so let him do it. I don't think he's ever done the West End line before anyway...

Daniel, trust me... You'll definently like the Rockaways, you get to see planes, boats, trains, perhaps even busses! I once haven't liked it at all, but after riding it I have the urge to go down there again and again. And hey, a possible R-32 gliding down the Rockaway Track, a :tup: :)!

Either way, if you do the Rockaway or not, I'll definently hop on. I kinda need to ride the Subways, :P.

regardless of whether he wants to go to the rockaways, you could always just side trip to the rockaways, and if i go, i'm probably going to do that.

You have to try it at least once (on an R32) before being able to say you're not into it.

The (D) has a very nice photo op at 9th Ave. though, so let him do it. I don't think he's ever done the West End line before anyway...

IIRC, I think he did the West End line.

But why not? What could be better than a 8-minute stretch from Howard Beach to Broad Channel, with a 32 (A) hauling at 50 MPH???

Ya maybe hes scared of Sea water,or no R68s over there? Oh plz! I love the Rockaways! And its 10xx better then just doing the Fulton Section north of Grant ave to Lefferts..

Why are you afraid of this area ESPECIALLY if it is a group railfan trip? Nothing is going to happen to you. NOTHING.

I don't know why you are being bothered with him b/c he's full of it. I've railfanned on the (3) line before and nothing has happened to me. I took pics on the corner of Ashford Street and New Lots Avenue where police patrol that area daily and yet nothing happened!

I don't know why you are being bothered with him b/c he's full of it. I've railfanned on the (3) line before and nothing has happened to me. I took pics on the corner of Ashford Street and New Lots Avenue where police patrol that area daily and yet nothing happened!

Yeah us real brave men can handle that area with no prob! Metatops and I were there at one point.

Archived