Whats Wrong with this Picture?

mark1447

2 ppl sitting on the edge of the platform....I've seen that b4 and it just make shake my head!

Bingo! Lucky they didnt get in more trouble..Then the t/a gets a law suit because a train may go by these girls because they were sitting there? Please.. Blame them(Girls)! I think a cop should of been around for that.

Seen em before too. Even at 96th st on the (2) when these young kids were sitting on the edge, a t/a worker told them not to sit there due to safety violation.

I wounder if the t/as public rules(in stations) has a rule for that..

What the heck??? God forbid someone pushes the girls onto the tracks in the path of an oncoming train? Then we'll have ourselves a 12-9 situation, crippling service and the family of these poor girls. Sitting on the platform, especially on the edge, is a huge no-no.

Tell me whats wrong here, look carefully! (Should be easy!)

Photo taken around 11:30PM - Nov 14, 2009(Saturday)..

5nps0l.jpg

And they are totally engrossed in their conversation, totally obvivious to an approaching train. That looks like 42/8 n/b and there is a slight curve entering that station. I hope the t/o doesn't nail them, because if he does, it's his ass because he's going downtown to piss in the cup and all the headaches that goes with it because of these 2 stupid bitches.

And they are totally engrossed in their conversation, totally obvivious to an approaching train. That looks like 42/8 n/b and there is a slight curve entering that station. I hope the t/o doesn't nail them, because if he does, it's his ass because he's going downtown to piss in the cup and all the headaches that goes with it because of these 2 stupid bitches.

Forgot the curve going into the station, all of the lines speed from 34th right into 42nd Street and don't slow down until they hit the platform. So imagine one of those T/O's and those girls. Thank goodness that nothing happened to these girls, but they need to get the message that sitting on the edge is a no-no.

It would be ironic if they had ipods and blasted the music so loud that they couldn't hear the train coming. <sarcasm>

But seriously, how stupid are people anyway? It's idiots like these that are forcing the MTA to actually concider those platform gates [like at the airports].

And when these people need their legs amputated, they sue the (MTA)

Thats the Uptown platform. I'm standing on the S/B platform.. But yeah it would be his/her fault.. But still these girls shouldnt be sitting there.

I wounder if they are tourist..

I`ve seen that a few times myself.In fact someone here in CT at the riverside station,a man was sitting on the edge talking on his cell phone when a train came out of nowhere(express) and by the time he got a chance to get up,it was over.His legs we`re severed so bad, the had to be amputated.I bet it was an important call.SMH.

I`ve seen that a few times myself.In fact someone here in CT at the riverside station,a man was sitting on the edge talking on his cell phone when a train came out of nowhere(express) and by the time he got a chance to get up,it was over.His legs we`re severed so bad, the had to be amputated.I bet it was an important call.SMH.
All I can say is: wow. They really should make a safety video out of that. People need to see the shock in order for reality to set in. Too many people with heads up their [fill in the blank].

I agreed. That is way out of mind.

I just found similar video.

There is safety video demo at MBTA Station

If I was there, I would say,

"Don't sit on edge please. Do you like to be fall into track?"

"Don't sit on edge, please. Trains are always win. You will loose.

If I was charge of R142/R143/R160 announcement, I would have announcement says this:

"Ladies & Gentlemen! For your safety, please do not sit on edge of platform, please. Trains will always win."

I will also call cops and (MTA) employee.

Archived